Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    truckermatt is offline Senior Member

Is Estes Any good?

sponsored links
    Hello,

my local terminal in Wisconsin has a city opening according to the website.... Would it be a good place to work?

What is the pay range in this area? Overtime Policy?

Any info would be nice.

I am also considering SAIA and dayton for other companies... any thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

mildew is offline Super Moderator
    Estes is the best ltl company out there. They couldn't drag me away. Overtime after 55 hours which is monitored. We used to get 60 plus hours before we joined forces with the crybabies over yonder
    All I can remember about Wisconson is the overly friendly women and the trout stream behind the motel.

truckermatt is offline Senior Member
    for a city guy, how much dock work do that do... ? I used to be at conway and remember them telling me about that they were the best LTL company...

They all have there problems.

thankfully in my area i have many choices for a job. SAIA , Dayton, R&L, Holland, YRC, Conway (did that already) UPSF, VITRAN, and some smaller ones also.

mildew is offline Super Moderator
    We are nothing like conway. We have truck drivers and dockworkers

Starkravinloon is offline Let My People Go!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by truckermatt View Post
    for a city guy, how much dock work do that do... ? I used to be at conway and remember them telling me about that they were the best LTL company...

They all have there problems.

thankfully in my area i have many choices for a job. SAIA , Dayton, R&L, Holland, YRC, Conway (did that already) UPSF, VITRAN, and some smaller ones also.
    Shop around,then come here to see what's up...We like it here..That's about all we can say..It's really up to you to talk to the local guys in your area,and decide...We could tell you anything and it would still be up to you to decipher the truth from lies...We're not salesmen,we're drivers for a good company...Good luck..
    In American politics, "If you have the money, nothing is unpredictable"......

drummerforhire is offline Senior Member
    Talk to some drivers you see around. Chances are, they'll tell you they love it here. I love my job. And I don't get paid for saying it.

BuzzBeez is offline Extraboard Crazy
    My choices would be 1st round/ Estes, Old Dominion, Dayton. 2nd round/ UPSF, Holland, ABF. 3rd round/ R+L, Saia, Vitran.. Just my personal, biased opinion. I left out Conway since you've already done that. Best of luck in your search.

crb
    crb is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mildew View Post
    We are nothing like conway. We have truck drivers and dockworkers
    p

That's not 100% true I believe Sioux falls, SD the P&D are the dock guys. They are a small terminal though. We had to wait till a P&D driver got back to strip their freight off.

TRUST ME WE ARE NOT LIKE CONWAY!!!

Wild Turkey is offline Senior Member
    I've been with Estes for 13 years now and it is by far the best company I have ever driven for. I do my job and no one bothers me. The company is strong financially and I have no fear of them going bankrupt, unlike some other LTL's out there. We have good equipment that is well maintained and we are paid very well for what we do. So, yes, Estes is good.

flaswampfox is offline Junior Member
    sponsored links
    Looks like some of you out there are drinking the Estes kool-aid. What ever happened to overtime after 8 in a day or 40 in a week? You are losing $150.00 a week if you make 20 dollars an hour if you work 55 hours. Thats 600 dollars a month your family is missing out on.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast