Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New trailer warning

BossHog is offline Senior Member

New trailer warning

sponsored links
    Dont know if this is widespread or just a few but today at 088 hooking my tail did my normal lil tug on the tail to check dolly is locked in ( still do visual) was stopped by thier jockey that told me that The new pup trailers that have a "C" after the number 28xxxx C you cant drag at all with any kind of load that the gear bend VERY easy aperently the "C" trailers are built differntly.. I also know some people drag them halfway arcoss the terminal some enough to get too the gear handle when tight to anther trailer... does anyone know what that "C' on the ends means??????? he did say they are upgrading the landing gear so it must be a known problem......

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

rjjr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    Dont know if this is widespread or just a few but today at 088 hooking my tail did my normal lil tug on the tail to check dolly is locked in ( still do visual) was stopped by thier jockey that told me that The new pup trailers that have a "C" after the number 28xxxx C you cant drag at all with any kind of load that the gear bend VERY easy aperently the "C" trailers are built differntly.. I also know some people drag them halfway arcoss the terminal some enough to get too the gear handle when tight to anther trailer... does anyone know what that "C' on the ends means??????? he did say they are upgrading the landing gear so it must be a known problem......
    you would think they would put a memo out to all drivers, about this, before it gets to be a costly issue. thanx for the heads up bosshog... also heard of a driver busting the gladhand off a brand new trl by just hooking up his tractor supply hand. hope that c doesn't stand for cheap !!!

Starkravinloon is offline Kimmy, It's already done.
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHog View Post
    I don't care what type of trailer I pull,pup or long box, that trailer is going to jump up on the fifth wheel before I consider tugging it...I usually eyeball the front of the pup,roll the gear down below the fifth wheel just a tad,then I get up underneath it..If you do this,the gear should be up enough to give it a good tug...If not, go back to the gear,once you've hooked to it,and roll it up some more..Then give it a pull...This may help in the prevention of tearing gears up...I've seen some guys pull them all around the yard too..That's stupid..If that fifth wheel is locked in, 5 feet will suffice...Just a thought..
    In American politics, "If you have the money, nothing is unpredictable"......

Songremainsthesame is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjjr View Post
    you would think they would put a memo out to all drivers, about this, before it gets to be a costly issue. thanx for the heads up bosshog... also heard of a driver busting the gladhand off a brand new trl by just hooking up his tractor supply hand. hope that c doesn't stand for cheap !!!
    LOL you just took the words out of my mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Starkravinloon View Post
    I don't care what type of trailer I pull,pup or long box, that trailer is going to jump up on the fifth wheel before I consider tugging it...I usually eyeball the front of the pup,roll the gear down below the fifth wheel just a tad,then I get up underneath it..If you do this,the gear should be up enough to give it a good tug...If not, go back to the gear,once you've hooked to it,and roll it up some more..Then give it a pull...This may help in the prevention of tearing gears up...I've seen some guys pull them all around the yard too..That's stupid..If that fifth wheel is locked in, 5 feet will suffice...Just a thought..
    I'm with you, if I'm not picking up that trailer off the ground with the tractor or con gear, I'm cranking that puppy down! We've got guys at Con-way that do the same thing, they drag that trailer 20 feet from the dock before they stop and hook everything up. That's 2 things that drive me nuts, dragging the trailer around and slamming back into the trailer when hooking up. There's no need to be that hard on equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkravinloon View Post

I agree The only problem is you might still have to drag that gear five or six feet cuz some of these small terms love to sit them about an icnh apart. then it's hard to avoid.............most of the terms i run into (Northest) either dont have a jockey to move it or if they see you walking towards them they floor it and head the other way lol.... now they can see me coming from father away since i have my pretty bright green safety vest......

I'll drag a trailer out if I can't crank the landing gear, but I always drag them very slow and easy. Prolly look like grandma out there, but I don't care. I'm not jepoardizing my job so I can look like He-man out there dragging wagons and making a lot of racket!
    CenturyClass likes this.

mildew is offline Super Moderator
    Slam, drag, hookup, roll up, kick, piss, and mash on it.

CenturyClass is offline Lead-side Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by nncnwydude View Post
    I'll drag a trailer out if I can't crank the landing gear, but I always drag them very slow and easy. Prolly look like grandma out there, but I don't care. I'm not jepoardizing my job so I can look like He-man out there dragging wagons and making a lot of racket!
    I used to see that **** all the time, and I just stop and stare. No need to pull the wagons halfway across the fac. geez

sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by mildew View Post
    Slam, drag, hookup, roll up, kick, piss, and mash on it.
    ah so your why the dolly rims smell like piss on a hot summer day lol................
    Last edited by mildew; 02-03-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Fixed quote
    Songremainsthesame likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast