Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Random drug test compensation

magicman is offline Senior Member

Random drug test compensation

sponsored links
    A couple of weeks ago I took a random drug test. I entered the info on my log sheet but was not paid for it. We used to get paid one hour for this. Has that stopped?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

rodedawg is offline Dockworker with a CDL
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I took a random drug test. I entered the info on my log sheet but was not paid for it. We used to get paid one hour for this. Has that stopped?
    Don't quote me on this, but when our name comes up for a pee pee test, they hand us a cup and send us to our local hospital before we start our day, then when we get back we start our day, whether being city or road?

We don't get paid for drug test's anymore.
    Life is short, enjoy it while you're here, It's not permanent !

Super10 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    If you get selected for a random drug/alcohol test, you have to clock in for it. You get paid for the whole time that you are gone. You have to log it as on duty not driving, but the pay is generated from clocking in, not the log.

rodedawg is offline Dockworker with a CDL
    Quote Originally Posted by Super10 View Post
    If you get selected for a random drug/alcohol test, you have to clock in for it. You get paid for the whole time that you are gone. You have to log it as on duty not driving, but the pay is generated from clocking in, not the log.
    Not saying you're wrong, but we don't get to clock in anymore for drug test's. That might just be our CCM putting the screws to us, you know, different rules for different centers???
    Life is short, enjoy it while you're here, It's not permanent !

fartknocker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super10

Thats the way it works at my barn.

chitownpeddler is offline Premium Member
    we have always punched in to "other" and gone on the company's dime

fedex slave is offline Banned
    They owe you for going to take the drug test. Just ask for a Kronos edit form to fill out for the time so you can get paid. If you really want to get technical you can charge them for the mileage you drive to and from the test center in your car. This is company bussiness and they are required to pay you, if a CCM tells you otherwise, contact your states labor board to give them refresher course in how hourly employees are componsated. Remember its all about the numbers $$$$$$$$. This is all spelled out on page 6 of the drivers manual.
    Last edited by fedex slave; 09-16-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: more info
    rnsgn likes this.

Twice Pipes is offline Senior Member
    Random Drug Screen- Off Site:

Drivers submitting to random drug screens off site will be compensated for actual time at the drivers hourly rate. However, if the screen exceeds 1 hour, drivers must notify their supervisor upon the conclusion of the screen and should note this on a Kronos Edit form and obtain the supervisor's signature on the form. All time providing a urine specimen and/or breath or saliva alcohol sample, including travel time to and from the collection site must be logged as on duty not driving. TP

chitownpeddler is offline Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fedex slave View Post
    They owe you for going to take the drug test. Just ask for a Kronos edit form to fill out for the time so you can get paid. If you really want to get technical you can charge them for the mileage you drive to and from the test center in your car. This is company bussiness and they are required to pay you, if a CCM tells you otherwise, contact your states labor board to give them refresher course in how hourly employees are componsated. Remember its all about the numbers $$$$$$$$. This is all spelled out on page 6 of the drivers manual.
    I'm not sure it is law that they pay us for drug testing. If I remember right Conway doesn't pay their drivers for random drug testing.

hawkeye is offline Member
    sponsored links
    You still get paid just has to be called in so they can enter you in the kronos just give them the time it takes to travel and to be done. You make it one hour and you will be paid. You guys always act as if fed ex is out to get you. Why dont you ask somebody before you all shoot off at the mouth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)