Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Wow, another "freight" company...

Richard Cranium is online now Senior Member
    sponsored links
    With all the cuttin' and pastin' going on, maybe the rest of us show read the Wikipedia article on the history of Roadway Express. Quite a good piece not only about the company but the history of the industry as well. Very interesting facts about the reason for regulation and later deregulation.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

unionjoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by daddy o View Post
    that was 1996 that CNF spun off CF
    Great to see another former Crouse employee on here,that sorta looks like my old tractor...lol!

Misfit is offline What's next?

I stand @ could be corrected...

Saia has something to do with Louisiana I understand.

For starting this post with "another Freight company", I was looking at it- as another name on a trailer. As for the CF story, now probably YRC's, I didn't know the full story, and should not have given my opinion. I worked at Emery for a stint, and Conway (CCX) had something to do with it, they hauled our city freight to Dayton, OH, to the airport. CF's name was on some of our trucks, as Emery- a CF company- later named Emery- a CNF company. I now understand UPS owns them- called Menlo Logistics, I could be wrong.

Emery had a few accidents and lost their air cargo status I believe too. I can't believe UPS would need Emery for their air freight customers.

Could YRC be trying to get out of the union?
    Last edited by Misfit; 02-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.

slider is offline The Purple Promise
    Unionjoe which terminal were you out of? I worked out of Fond du lac extra board and a St louis 3 and 2

hawkeye is offline Member
    did you quit slider, i heard to sue the company. Nice job, only you. Guess i shouldnt expect any more from you.

slim66 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    Unionjoe which terminal were you out of? I worked out of Fond du lac extra board and a St louis 3 and 2
    I ran extra board out of Milwaukee for CCC. Great company to work for.

slider is offline The Purple Promise
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    did you quit slider, i heard to sue the company. Nice job, only you. Guess i shouldnt expect any more from you.
    I never quit and were the hell did this come from

unionjoe is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slider View Post
    I worked in St joseph, Mo. from 1991 till close. I did city driving and would run to Omaha or Des moines at least once A week. I worked for Yellow for 10 years and now Fed Ex for the past 2. Nothing against Yellow or FedEx but Crouse was the best job I ever had!!

Richard Cranium is online now Senior Member
    Viking was the best job I ever had. Wonder what life would be like if they had been able to make project unity work?
    Big Dave likes this.

shadowr434 is offline Super Moderator
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by pops11359 View Post
    Also AF was bought and eventually merged with Fedex (west) to give Fedex 48 state coverage in the LTL bidness.
    The only thing is that FedEx Freight was not formed from Viking and then brought AF in,FedEx Freight was formed after FedEx bought AF.It was then that they formed FedEX Freight East and west and eventually merged together to create FedEx Freight.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567