Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Griz

Thread: d.o.t. physical law

abandoned is offline Member

d.o.t. physical law

sponsored links
    How many driver's will we lose now that by may 21st,2014 all driver's must comply with new law saying that you can no longer use your own doctor, it must now be an national certified medical examiner licensed by the feds. You will then get bar coded and it will be sent to the DMV for application to your license as certified. These company clinics have already proven they will find something wrong with you. And now nationally certified examiners not wanting anything to get passed them will certainly be stringent. Already hearing many stories of the sleep apnea tests requested by these nuts. Grease it up men, it's here! By the way the law was in effect as of 05/21/2012 and must be compliant by 05/21/2014, good luck all.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Mike432 is offline Premium Member
    Oh and EVERY time you renew your Medical Card,you have to either take OR send copies to your DMV. for they can put that info on your CDL...
    So if you're stopped by the police, or at a scale,just by running your CDL, they can tell if you have a current Medical card OR NOT!!!!

Griz is offline Senior Member
    Funny, I've used company doctor at least the last 35 years. Never given the option to use personal doctor.
    albag likes this.

crazy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    Funny, I've used company doctor at least the last 35 years. Never given the option to use personal doctor.
    Same here Griz although our term had to switch medical facility because they were knocking most down on high blood pressure.. Switched facilities and now no more of a problem.. ..

abandoned is offline Member
    sponsored links
    I am a holland driver in wheeling who was out of work for 6 months fighting for our right to use our own doctors. This was because when i used their clinic at hiring they used stupid excuses for not issuing my card. lost the arbitration because the FMCSA states that truck drivers are in an safety sensitive occupation. And so if you are a liability they will find something, and now the new law will let no one get passed them. I forgot to say that when you got the form from your safety dept. you should have said, give me the form for using my own choice of Doctor. They don't tell you that because they want the doctors they pay to find all.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM