Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: syracuse problems?

buffalobill is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    yep, thank you for posting the truth, bullfrog75, there is nothing like some non union moron who thinks he needs to donate to the company just so he can have a cut rate job......

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Jeffbenimble is offline Junior Member
    Without even reading your entire rsponce to my "rant" if a company i has junk trucks and cant pay the bills they have now how the heck are they going to afford even MORE bills? Higher wages? LOL health insurance? LOL So explain to me how a unioun is magicaly going to get this company to pay better wages and retirement and heath insurance if they cant affort the bills they have now. What has the union done for YRC? All YRC had done it take away from its drivers. Maybe im wrong and please correct me if I am. But most of the trucking companies that have closed thier doors were union companies. Because the unions got greedy. So the company closes its door and nobody wins. I dont know who you work for and it doesnt matter. But I ask you Buffalobill and Bullfrog. In the last 3 years.....honestly....what has the union done for YOU or your brothers? NOTHING. Because if they did you wouldnt be taking "concessions" your pay wouldnt have been cut 10% 15%. But the people who run the unions well they still drive the expensive cars and live in the big houses and going on vacations all over the world in a private jet while you and your family struggles just to put gas in your cars and put food on your table. Its not like it was 20 30 years ago when the unions really cared and fought for the rights of the American worker.

bullfrog75 is offline Senior Member
    In response to your question: If you must know I work for (ABF) out of Carlisle,Pa. I've been a road driver there for 23yrs. I run a bid to Charlotte,NC. and if you would do your homework you would find that (NO) we did not take or give concessions to our Company. Even though they came to us with their (Hands Out) asking for 15% we voted (NO). We are still at (FULL RATE) with all the bennies. Like I said previously within a week aftre the (NO VOTE) we had more Frt. than we knew what to do with, so on and so on!! This is just my opinion but if I were in your position I would be looking else where, contacting (OSHA), (DOT) or better yet when going down the road and you come up on a (SCALE HOUSE) just pull around back and ask the nice Gentleman with the Blue Uniform on to get out his creeper and give your unit the once over. After he places you out of service and you get done informing him or any of the others I mentioned about your concerns I'm sure they will get (UPPER MGT.) attention. But if that dosen't work then it will be only a matter of time before they (CLOSE) their doors unfortunately. Again I hope this was of some help, be safe and have a good weekend!!

more management lies. in the last 3 years, you have watched the teamsters actually "go to bat" for a struggling company that made bad decisions, and that company is still here. I have watched all the non union competitors force pay and benefit cuts on their workers, AFTER a teamster company made concessions that they VOTED on.

did conway vote on their pay cuts? were they asked to take them, or were they just shoved upon them? how about their pension? oh its gone. how about the match on the 401k? oh, its gone too. same as R&l's 401k too, not to mention their lack of overtime. estes just cut their "build and break" pay, and bottomfeeder companies such as vitran and central transport are on wage freezes, so guys with years in over at these places are still making starting wages.

You want to come in here and try and say that the union has done "nothing"? why don't i see all these guys from yrc, holland, new penn, abf, and upsf jumping ship to one of these great non union companies? oh wait, its because its still worth it, even with all your non union ass kissing lies.

BTW, if you would have bothered to read what i posted, i wrote about land air running illegal trucks, pressuring drivers to skip their breaks to cut their pay, along with unsafe conditions on the dock, etc. if land air cant play by the rules, once again, THEY CAN GO OUT OF BUSINESS. you stupidly ask how this would help the drivers. once AGAIN, if a bottomfeeder goes out, than better companies pick up more freight, therefore needing more drivers. so most working at land air, once again, WILL BE ABLE TO FIND A REAL FREIGHT JOB.

ltl1 is offline Member
    Hey Jeff, how has the union help ABF drivers,pay raises in april,paid medical and a pension,O/T after 8 if land air cannot take care of its employees then why stay in business? Oh and abf CEO just gave herself a 75000 year raise and all management received raises 1/1/2011 and there saying they will be in the black by next quarter.It must be a miracle(yeah thats it a miracle). Now lets see how UPSF has been help by the union,pay raises every six months,26.35hr by 2013,locked in medical costs,ups pension plan,O/T after 8, and last but not least work rules and a process to help with disputes or firings. So I gave you examples of how a union helps drivers now let me here some positives of being non-union,I'll be waiting patiently for a response.

good call, ltl1, but don't hold your breath on responses. i think this is a mangement troll for land air trying to mislead people.

I talked to a guy I know who heard it thru the grapevine that 4 or 5 years ago, the albany teamsters were trying to talk to land air drivers, and they had the same feelings about the companies financial situation. they were all talking about how the company does not pay its bills, the equipment is junk, etc. This is just the way Spencer likes it, so his drivers will go around thinking that they are one step away from closing the doors.

Like I said before, when has a company been organized when it has been convenient for the company, since they have extra money? every company tries to say they are broke and going out of business. And every time they say that, the company shills start telling people how "lucky" they should be, just to have a job. **** that. COUGH UP THE DOUGH AND BENEFITS, or GO OUT OF BUSINESS......

bullfrog75 is offline Senior Member
    I'm with you on that one Buffalo Bill, have a good weekend!!

Stratilac is offline Junior Member
    Spence is making a killing...he pays for no truck maintenence...no trucks ever get fixed until OOS...He jumped on the bandwagon to cut pay when the real trucking companies were in trouble in 08...who wouldnt want to drive a tractor and trailer with hazmat endorsement for $16.20 an hour? $17.10 after his generous give back of 5% of the 10% he took...top rate is $20 an hour and you get to top rate after 4 yrs...50cents a year increase...then for doubles he saves hundreds on fuel,tolls,extra man power and tractor usage only to offer a man an extra $20 a night on top of his $17.10 an hour...could that be any more insulting to a driver?...what a generous man...how can this man not be making money in the trucking business?

yep. he runs this company half ass on PURPOSE, just to make his employee's think that he is struggling. nothing could be further from the truth.

the pay cut in 08 is all the proof you need on if the teamsters union sets the bar in this industry. every other company sat back and watched yrc ASK for a VOTE on concessions, and when they were passed, the others jumped on it like flies on and forced them on everyone. Why not? if the workers at non union companies don't have the smarts, backbones, nerve, etc. to put their pay and bennies in a legal contract, if i owned a company I would take them away on a whim as well. You want to waive your right to a contract? look at what it gets you. I have heard that Spencer never lost any money period, he just instituted a pay cut because everyone was so scared about jobs a few years ago.

At land air, when they cut the health insurnace, there was a conference call scheduled to explain the new joke of a plan. a guy i know called in and explained that he wasn't happy with this plan, and what was he supposed to do about it? their answer over the phone was "if you don't like your job, then quit." I hope they weren't suprised when we WON the vote, with an attitude like that.

ltl1 is offline Member
    sponsored links
    Hey Jeff, still waiting for a response. Buffalobill stand TALL MY NEW BROTHER.
    buffalobill likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12