Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

maverickbubba is offline Senior Member

The road to throwing groceries with PFG as to MAVERICKBUBBA

sponsored links
    [Hey guys I'm going to try to do this thread to let people know what it like throwing groceries for PFG. I would like everyones help. The only thing I ask is lets keep it positive. Most of the time a job is what you make of it.
    From the start I had been looking for a job like this. I think it will be a great job for me. I like the vending part you are pretty much your own boss. I have done everything from delivering Coke to boxes with FedEx which is what I'm doing now.
    I found the ad for this job on simplyhired.com but it didn't hurt I got a friend thats a salesman for them. So I put the app in and they called me for a interview. I went to the interview and watch a video and talked with the guys about the job and they gave me a chance. So I went for the work well test on Friday and have the physical on Monday. I guess as long as past the background and drug test I got the job. Which wont be a problem. More to come.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

grocerythrower is online now Steward, Local 523 Sysco
    Your a Maverick Bubba, you will do fine, they will load the cart and you will unload it in good time, RR, Money, Rowdy, Matt, Stone, and myself, we all have your back, if I forgot anyone, I'm sorry, I'm tired, still trying to recover from the 1103 cases I had to do friday..please forgive.
    I ain't got no panties on

stonecold is offline Member
    hey maverick bubba and all my fellow food drivers out there. it's been a busy summer in ny this summer. just wanted to say hello to all you guys, and welcome aboard to the crazy world of delivering food bubba. see ya, stonecold

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    hey maverick bubba and all my fellow food drivers out there. it's been a busy summer in ny this summer. just wanted to say hello to all you guys, and welcome aboard to the crazy world of delivering food bubba. see ya, stonecold
    I wondered where you have been its been busy here too, I hav been on days, got bid out of nights again for the next nine months, then they call me today and ask if I would cover the #1 night guy who is on vacation, I told them no, I got bid out twice and I want to run my bid, I'm waiting on my boss to call me now and tell me I have no choice.

The one thing I can add the boss said my route will be in Birmingham, Al which is at least 200 mi round trip so the mileage pay will be pretty good.

Thats good right off the bat Bubba, when I was at PFG the way I made money was to run the miles, I couldn't do it any other way, the more miles, the bigger the pay day.

Yeah the way I figure it should be $850-$900 a week and thats low balling it. Pretty good.
    1000 mi x .31= $310
    800 units x .15 =$120x 5 = $600
    15 stops x $1.75 =$26.25 x 5 = $131.25
    $1041.25

I took the drug test and physical Monday waiting on PFG now for the background check

Quote Originally Posted by maverickbubba View Post
    Yeah the way I figure it should be $850-$900 a week and thats low balling it. Pretty good.
    1000 mi x .31= $310
    800 units x .15 =$120x 5 = $600
    15 stops x $1.75 =$26.25 x 5 = $131.25
    $1041.25
    Thats about right, maybe more Bubba, welcome to the club, don't get frustrated, it takes time, alot of time, but one day it will click and you will go from getting in at 1800 to 1400, it takes time though, thats what I tell all the guys I train at Sysco, give it time, and stay positive, if you have a miserable outlook or attitude, throwing groceries will give you all the misery you can ever hope to handle!!

Moneyman01 is offline Proud to be a dad!
    sponsored links
    I dont know how much are drivers make when broke down like that. I should find out since I'll be doing it soon

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast