Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yrcblows is offline Member

Unhappy Are they merging anyway?

sponsored links
    Looking for your opinion, or any clues you might see going on.
    We all know that we're not getting the whole story, so let's look for any clues.
    In TAC, they're overflowing with equipment, more than they've ever used, and more than they'll ever need. It's mostly from SEA, and just sits there parked, some of it for months.
    Slow economy you say?.?.?.?.....It could have just stayed parked in SEA, so why move it?

What gives?????????

In POR there clearly is old yellow tractors with new USF and Reddaway stickers.
    I thought there hasn't been USF for at least a year? At least that's what company memos say.
    Are we the CF of the second decade of 2000?
    It's starting to feel that way. There's not a whole lot going on..........and it's always quiet before the storm.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

vbtjvt is offline Junior Member
    I have been wondering about the USF being brought back also, I know in SLC they got 4 roadway tractors and re badged them USF Reddaway. I was told that several hundred yellow and roadway trucks were "bought" by Reddaway.

Ice Rider is offline Senior Member
    Denver got 4 or 5 Roadway tractors also, they are supposed to run POC. YRC is selling off more trailers, DEN is short on equipment everyday (trailers) they are missing pickups and deliveries as a result.

Yea equipment is scarce in salt lake most days, Another strange thing is they are re-licensing the trailers. With Washington plates. something about it being cheaper. and the new registration is under the name USF Reddaway.

yrcblows is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbtjvt View Post
    I have been wondering about the USF being brought back also, I know in SLC they got 4 roadway tractors and re badged them USF Reddaway. I was told that several hundred yellow and roadway trucks were "bought" by Reddaway.
    Bought..HAHA!
    That just spells E N D

Yea equipment is scarce in salt lake most days, Another strange thing is they are re-licensing the trailers. With Washington plates. something about it being cheaper. and the new registration is under the name USF Reddaway.
    Yes it's cheapest to license in WA

Gummibear is offline Junior Member

The Blue Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Rider View Post
    Denver got 4 or 5 Roadway tractors also, they are supposed to run POC. YRC is selling off more trailers, DEN is short on equipment everyday (trailers) they are missing pickups and deliveries as a result.
    Yes we have 3 of those Roadway tractors in Denver now (so far).
    They just have 'REDDAWAY' stickers on them.
    We were told that they might be sent on the 'POC' run, but not yet. P&D Drivers have been using them in town (I guess to break them in)

Quote Originally Posted by Gummibear View Post
    Yes we have 3 of those Roadway tractors in Denver now (so far).
    They just have 'REDDAWAY' stickers on them.
    We were told that they might be sent on the 'POC' run, but not yet. P&D Drivers have been using them in town (I guess to break them in)
    You are right they do just have reddaway on them, It is the registration that has USF, I was wrong in my first post. We are getting at least 2 different models of trucks, some have the smaller 365? horse motor and some have the larger 425 horse. I know in salt lake the larger power plants are being put on runs that shoot the hills, so you should see them on the Denver or Montana runs, and the 2 smaller ones will go south towards vegas and such. Salt lake has the 2 bigger ones up and running now in the city and as extra line power. the plates and such for the lower power trucks hasn't shown up yet. There was also a rebadged Yellow truck in the yard this week with one of the Carlin drivers.

Grumpy is offline Senior Member
    You are right they do just have reddaway on them, It is the registration that has USF, I was wrong in my first post. We are getting at least 2 different models of trucks, some have the smaller 365? horse motor and some have the larger 425 horse. I know in salt lake the larger power plants are being put on runs that shoot the hills, so you should see them on the Denver or Montana runs, and the 2 smaller ones will go south towards vegas and such. Salt lake has the 2 bigger ones up and running now in the city and as extra line power. the plates and such for the lower power trucks hasn't shown up yet. There was also a rebadged Yellow truck in the yard this week with one of the Carlin drivers.
    I was told by the shop here at Holland that we are paying $30,000 a piece for these gems

Ice Rider is offline Senior Member
    In Denver they do not use them in the city because of that pain in the a$$ RE GEN mode.

Cab Lizzard is online now Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I was told by the shop here at Holland that we are paying $30,000 a piece for these gems
    425 Hp for triples operation. 300 for the flatlanders. Mileage ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast