Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By wongway
  • 4 Post By Wrench97
  • 3 Post By Sgt. Schultz

Thread: Does the Union still try to " ORGANIZE" any new trucking companies?

wongway is offline Senior Member

Does the Union still try to " ORGANIZE" any new trucking companies?

sponsored links
    So, does the union still try or has been trying to "ORGANIZE" any new trucking companies into the union ?? I have not heard of any if you have please post who & when ? or is the union trying to get away from the TRUCKING Companies CAUSE OF ALL THE $$$$$ PROBLEMS with them ?? pretty much now you just have YRC & ABF left ??? kinda makes you wonder what the big pic. is here of what they are thinking say 5 or 10 years down the road ???? seems to me that the union would be going after more trucking companies to get into the union to support the pension ??? OH wait thats right Hoffa prolly would just let them out like he did UPS ??? smart idea DUH !! so come on Hoffa get out & organize some big trucking companies ????
    twisted-hippie likes this.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Wrench97 is offline Senior Member
    no company in their right mind is gong to enter and take on the liabilities of the pension funds, there fate was sealed when UPS was allowed to buy their way out.
    Bart, albag, longblade and 1 others like this.

ripper is offline Senior Member
    Too little, too late.

Sgt. Schultz is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by wongway View Post
    So, does the union still try or has been trying to "ORGANIZE" any new trucking companies into the union ?? I have not heard of any if you have please post who & when ? or is the union trying to get away from the TRUCKING Companies CAUSE OF ALL THE $$$$$ PROBLEMS with them ?? pretty much now you just have YRC & ABF left ??? kinda makes you wonder what the big pic. is here of what they are thinking say 5 or 10 years down the road ???? seems to me that the union would be going after more trucking companies to get into the union to support the pension ??? OH wait thats right Hoffa prolly would just let them out like he did UPS ??? smart idea DUH !! so come on Hoffa get out & organize some big trucking companies ????
    A lot easier to organize local, state or federal workers and a lot less headaches negotiating with politicians than companies that are trying to make a profit. If it wasn`t for the huge amount of dues money coming in from dues paying members of unionized trucking, I believe Hoffa would wash his hands of trucking altogether. They find it easier to organize school bus drivers making $9.00 an hour than trucking companies. This is not your father`s or your grandfather`s teamster union anymore. Being a 30 year plus loyal teamster, it pains me to see what has happened to our once highly respected union. I don`t know if it will ever happen, but I look forward to the day when our union will go back to it`s roots and once again be the organization that was respected by members and feared by companies. Then again, that may just be wishful thinking on my part.
    Triplex, Elwood and twisted-hippie like this.