Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Retired Teamsters Are Voting On MOU Extension

slavenomore is online now Fair And Balanced
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by stpfredjr View Post
    324 had a meeting ! Labor Relation Man said Retired Teamsters Will Be Voting Due To The Cosequences of YRC Closing ! That Was 3 Days Ago ! Are All Of You People on here road drivers or retired ! Im local cartage dock / p&d / yard !!!!!!
    My BA just checked for one of our casuals if he will be eligable to vote. And the answer was yes he will as long as dues are up to date and they have the correct address for the ballot to go to. Has this always been the case? BA said he wasnt sure how long here but IBT sent memos out, he thinks a few years back which allows them to vote. They are about 1/3 of our crew here. And there are no changes for them on this deal as far as i know.

ABFer is online now Moderator
    If they are up to date on their dues and initiation there probably is no way to differentiate them from a seniority worker at the IBT.

Triplex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    If they are up to date on their dues and initiation there probably is no way to differentiate them from a seniority worker at the IBT.
    I've got to believe they check overall seniority list first and then if dues are up to date. If not, wow, what a sloppy way to handle this.

At the elections I have observed they work off of a member list only, no seniority list. Dues paid, your vote counts.

Triplex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    At the elections I have observed they work off of a member list only, no seniority list. Dues paid, your vote counts.
    That's amazing. I would have thought they did it a better way.

yrcslave is offline Just a link in the chain
    What a crock of ****! Half the casuals at my barn don't want a full time job. They are happy working three days a week, and they get a vote?

They can't even file a grievance, but they get a vote? I hope this is just a misunderstanding, if not it is a shame.

vongrimmenstein is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yrc-atm View Post
    I heard retired preston drivers get to vote as well
    I heard Fed -Ex drivers can vote as long as they pay their monthly dues & 300.00 initiation fee. No, scratch that. Why in god's name would you pay 60.00 a month dues so you can take a 15% pay cut. Oh well, for a nanno second there I thought I had a good idea. My mistake. von.

Quote Originally Posted by yrcslave View Post
    What a crock of ****! Half the casuals at my barn don't want a full time job. They are happy working three days a week, and they get a vote?

They can't even file a grievance, but they get a vote? I hope this is just a misunderstanding, if not it is a shame.
    Its not. I walked the dock last night and got a halfarsed count. Out of about 15 casuals, 6 or so received ballots and have no clue what they are. I'll have to make sure maybe the BA or company talks to them. I think maybe they do have a freeze on wages but arent sure of that either, It is not a break terminal. but that is just one night. And they have a big pool to call in. Not just the 15 i saw, and who knows how long they go back as far as time as employed and how many used..
    Our FT guys total around one hundred or so.

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Its not. I walked the dock last night and got a halfarsed count. Out of about 15 casuals, 6 or so received ballots and have no clue what they are. I'll have to make sure maybe the BA or company talks to them. I think maybe they do have a freeze on wages but arent sure of that either, It is not a break terminal. but that is just one night. And they have a big pool to call in. Not just the 15 i saw, and who knows how long they go back as far as time as employed and how many used.
    I'd say you'd be better off to leave well enough alone there. Those are the kind of guys YRC and the IBT want voting.

sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by vongrimmenstein View Post
    I heard Fed -Ex drivers can vote as long as they pay their monthly dues & 300.00 initiation fee. No, scratch that. Why in god's name would you pay 60.00 a month dues so you can take a 15% pay cut. Oh well, for a nanno second there I thought I had a good idea. My mistake. von.
    A casual pays $60/month in dues?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast