Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: E-Logs

albag is offline What's that yellow stuff?

E-Logs

sponsored links
    "A little learning is a dangerous thing...." Alexander Pope

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Hoosierky is offline Senior Member
    I talked to a FMCSA rep at MATS in Louisville yesterday. If everything goes as planned, they will be in ALL trucks in 2017.
    Sugarfoot likes this.

twisted-hippie is offline Senior Member

cellblock309 is offline Senior Member
    dosent bother me I run legal to many ways to get caught atm card, cell phone, debit card, etc they don't pay me enough to loose everything so hell easier for me lol
    series60 likes this.

LEHIGH vALLEY is offline Senior Member
    While I'm not downplaying drivers who "Fudge" their logbooks I can't help but wonder how this will effect the LTL sector.
    I know their are guys who run like hell and don't take breaks, But how in the hell does that compare with some shinny wheels going coast to coast running 3 log books?
    One would think there are enough "Protections" in place in LTL to prevent the really heavy abuse that the DOT is *****'in about.
    Remember that the Company will catch as much hell as the driver when caught, So why would the Company allow voilations?
    We turn Logs in after every trip, The Company is suppose to have a clerk go over them and catch problems. So someone please explain to me why "Big Brother" would care about LTL?
    Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by LEHIGH vALLEY View Post
    While I'm not downplaying drivers who "Fudge" their logbooks I can't help but wonder how this will effect the LTL sector.
    I know their are guys who run like hell and don't take breaks, But how in the hell does that compare with some shinny wheels going coast to coast running 3 log books?
    One would think there are enough "Protections" in place in LTL to prevent the really heavy abuse that the DOT is *****'in about.
    Remember that the Company will catch as much hell as the driver when caught, So why would the Company allow voilations?
    We turn Logs in after every trip, The Company is suppose to have a clerk go over them and catch problems. So someone please explain to me why "Big Brother" would care about LTL?
    Am I missing something here?
    No you're not. IMO just another example of regulatory overreach.

COLKID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albag View Post
    No you're not. IMO just another example of regulatory overreach.
    You probably made your run in plenty of time all winter long huh? Your good paying job is getting ready to take another pay cut when this kicks in.gonna have to hire a bunch to cover log liars.oh wait, just say we need to open contract again or out of bizz we go.need much more purchased transportation. Go team!

Cab Lizzard is online now Senior Member
    LTL no worries......
    They pretty much all fly right.
    Now the truckload folks already have them because the drivers have issues with their math skills.
    I know many owner operators that this will really put the screws to. Drive an hour to load and sit their waiting to load as the 14 hour clock ticks... I see a lot of capacity leaving the industry.
    Sugarfoot and citycnc like this.

Hoosierky is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LEHIGH vALLEY View Post
    While I'm not downplaying drivers who "Fudge" their logbooks I can't help but wonder how this will effect the LTL sector. I know their are guys who run like hell and don't take breaks, But how in the hell does that compare with some shinny wheels going coast to coast running 3 log books? One would think there are enough "Protections" in place in LTL to prevent the really heavy abuse that the DOT is *****'in about. Remember that the Company will catch as much hell as the driver when caught, So why would the Company allow voilations? We turn Logs in after every trip, The Company is suppose to have a clerk go over them and catch problems. So someone please explain to me why "Big Brother" would care about LTL? Am I missing something here?
    The drivers that short logging on a consistent basis will feel this the hardest. The leatherasses that run 600+ miles a day 6 days a week will cry the loudest. If you look, a majority of truckers are running e-logs. We (paper loggers) are in the minority.
    Sugarfoot, series60 and gritsga like this.

sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by COLKID View Post
    You probably made your run in plenty of time all winter long huh? Your good paying job is getting ready to take another pay cut when this kicks in.gonna have to hire a bunch to cover log liars.oh wait, just say we need to open contract again or out of bizz we go.need much more purchased transportation. Go team!
    You are unquestionably the biggest horse's arse on this forum. My bid is 446 miles, and I had to go to bed twice last winter, not that that's ANY of your business. If in 11 hours of driving AND 14 hours of duty, with a 62 MPH tractor, I can't go 446 miles then I guess I'll go to bed. That's why we carry a CLC card!
    If you don't want to appear as more of a fool than you already do, you should confine your cry baby comments to subjects on which you have at least a bit of knowledge.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast