Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: union dues not being taken out of pay check

  1. #1
    shoes1961's Avatar
    shoes1961 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    109

    union dues not being taken out of pay check

    sponsored links
    if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    sponsored links
     
  3. #2
    Kennesaw Kid's Avatar
    Kennesaw Kid is online now Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,125
    Quote Originally Posted by shoes1961 View Post
    if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.
    That is because you did not let the Local know you were back so the billing clerk can but you back in the system. You can get your Local to waive the back dues if you tell them now.....wait any longer and you will have to pay back dues.....let them know.....KK

  4. #3
    Free Dumb is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    810
    Even if you let them know it usually takes them a couple months to start taking it out. Don't worry they will get there money. Why should they waive anything? If you work one day of a month they can charge for a month of dues.

  5. #4
    tutone710 is offline Your Retirement Canceled
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,553

    The war on the workers

    The union must be slipping most times they don't miss an opportunity to extort money from people, maybe they feel bad about the poor representation that has been giving to the members and won't take dues anymore.

  6. #5
    aaronkeif is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by shoes1961 View Post
    if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.
    Why not just pay on your own.....you don't have to be on checkoff.

  7. #6
    chas53n is offline R59-705
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3

    Your responsibility

    Know your obligations. Either Write a check or be prepared for double deductions till caught up. Don't put blame on anyone else.

  8. #7
    tutone710 is offline Your Retirement Canceled
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,553

    Authorization form

    This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.

  9. #8
    ABFer's Avatar
    ABFer is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,657
    Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?

  10. #9
    tutone710 is offline Your Retirement Canceled
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?
    Benefiting from union membership.

  11. #10
    Kennesaw Kid's Avatar
    Kennesaw Kid is online now Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,125
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by tutone710 View Post
    This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.
    Whomever you talked to was telling you a damned lie.
    The TITAN system will not allow a Local to bill no more than 2 months at a time.
    My Local waives the back dues and fees when a member is recalled from layoff if they forgot (?) to take a W/Card.....KK
    jimmy g likes this.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Image resizer by SevenSkins
Advertising positioning by Digital Point
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com