Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: union dues not being taken out of pay check

shoes1961 is offline Senior Member

union dues not being taken out of pay check

sponsored links
    if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

Kennesaw Kid is online now Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shoes1961 View Post
    if you came back from leave of absense, look at your pay check to see if union dues are being taken out... i've been back for 6 months and no union dues are being taken out.
    That is because you did not let the Local know you were back so the billing clerk can but you back in the system. You can get your Local to waive the back dues if you tell them now.....wait any longer and you will have to pay back dues.....let them know.....KK

Free Dumb is offline Senior Member
    Even if you let them know it usually takes them a couple months to start taking it out. Don't worry they will get there money. Why should they waive anything? If you work one day of a month they can charge for a month of dues.

tutone710 is offline Your Retirement Canceled

The war on the workers

The union must be slipping most times they don't miss an opportunity to extort money from people, maybe they feel bad about the poor representation that has been giving to the members and won't take dues anymore.

aaronkeif is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shoes1961 View Post
    Why not just pay on your own.....you don't have to be on checkoff.

chas53n is offline R59-705

Your responsibility

Know your obligations. Either Write a check or be prepared for double deductions till caught up. Don't put blame on anyone else.

Authorization form

This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.

ABFer is online now Moderator
    Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?

Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    Waiving back dues should only apply when a worker goes off on LOA, Comp or some other reason. If you are working you are benefiting from union membership and should pay your dues. Waiting six months to take care of it is a little long. Doesn't the company notify the union of layoff recalls?
    Benefiting from union membership.

Kennesaw Kid is online now Super Moderator
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by tutone710 View Post
    This was a problem a couple years ago when hundreds of people were laid off, many for the first time. Like myself. You knew to get a withdrawal card but could not get a straight answer to if the dues were gonna be taken out automatically ?? With that many people laid off you would think the company or union would post something letting people know what's what, but that was not the case and most people I talked to paid 200$ a week for back dues. So now we know.
    Whomever you talked to was telling you a damned lie.
    The TITAN system will not allow a Local to bill no more than 2 months at a time.
    My Local waives the back dues and fees when a member is recalled from layoff if they forgot (?) to take a W/Card.....KK
    jimmy g likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast