Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    jday1197 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1

    yellow freight wages

    sponsored links
    I live in Dayton Ohio and wanted to see if anyone can tell me what a new driver starts at around the cincinnati area. alos if there benefits are any good.

  2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
    sponsored links
     
  3. #2
    stldude44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,798

    yellow freight wages

    Jday,
    Welcome to Truckingboards. Are you talking about road or city? Full scale for road is 54.400 per mile and you'd start at 75% of that. Road delay time is $21.65....you'd go to full scale in 2 years....one year at 75%....6 months at 80%....6 months at 90%. City scale is .08 per hour more than road....same progression rate. The benefits are the best in the business and are fully paid by the Company, including retirement.

  4. #3
    pa-juggalo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    343

    yellow freight wages

    Quote Originally Posted by stldude44
    Jday,
    Welcome to Truckingboards. Are you talking about road or city? Full scale for road is 54.400 per mile and you'd start at 75% of that. Road delay time is $21.65....you'd go to full scale in 2 years....one year at 75%....6 months at 80%....6 months at 90%. City scale is .08 per hour more than road....same progression rate. The benefits are the best in the business and are fully paid by the Company, including retirement.
    Don't forget union iniation fees Right now there $200 here (easy payment plan avail )but the local wants to raise it.

  5. #4
    Moparman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    684

    yellow freight wages

    In most locals initiation fee is 50x the hourly rate.i.e...$21.65x50=$1,082.50.In most cases you can pay $50.00 per week or what ever fits your needs.Now your union dues is different.That's paid on a monthly basis.This in most cases is 2.5x the hourly rate.i.e.$21.65x2.5=$54.12 I hope that helps.Check with your local because rates vary from local to local.It all depends on whats in their by-laws.

  6. #5
    jeff_spicoli is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    85

    yellow freight wages

    don't forget initiation fees as well as dues are tax-deductible, if you itemize...

  7. #6
    pa-juggalo is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    343

    yellow freight wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Moparman
    In most locals initiation fee is 50x the hourly rate.i.e...$21.65x50=$1,082.50.In most cases you can pay $50.00 per week or what ever fits your needs.Now your union dues is different.That's paid on a monthly basis.This in most cases is 2.5x the hourly rate.i.e.$21.65x2.5=$54.12 I hope that helps.Check with your local because rates vary from local to local.It all depends on whats in their by-laws.
    1082.50 Wow! and I thought rasing ours to $400 was crazy, but they'll waive $100 for going to a new mwmber seminar, assuming this gets voted in, on 9/10

  8. #7
    Toxic is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,014

    yellow freight wages

    Quote Originally Posted by stldude44
    Jday,
    Welcome to Truckingboards. Are you talking about road or city? Full scale for road is 54.400 per mile and you'd start at 75% of that. Road delay time is $21.65....you'd go to full scale in 2 years....one year at 75%....6 months at 80%....6 months at 90%. City scale is .08 per hour more than road....same progression rate. The benefits are the best in the business and are fully paid by the Company, including retirement.
    What I was told was......
    The labor rep for Roadway at Winston-Salem was throwing it around to forget the new hire pay scale....
    Start tehm at %100 or after 6 months take them to %100 and retro and pay the first six moths at %100........
    Because they cant get any drivers....... And I dont think our Local would stop that......

  9. #8
    MIKEEEEE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    234

    yellow freight wages

    yo.....

    i think vets get a break on the initiation fee......

    mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

  10. #9
    Barney is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    440

    yellow freight wages

    Holy oleo Batman, initiation fees are that much now. I paid the $200. Gotta pay for the higher ups in the Teamsters collecting 6 figures.

  11. #10
    stldude44 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,798

    yellow freight wages

    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    What I was told was......
    The labor rep for Roadway at Winston-Salem was throwing it around to forget the new hire pay scale....
    Start tehm at %100 or after 6 months take them to %100 and retro and pay the first six moths at %100........
    Because they cant get any drivers....... And I dont think our Local would stop that......
    The numbers I stated were, per Contract, the minimum pay scales. If a certain area has problems hiring and the Company wants to they can pay higher than minimums. I personally think that they'd get all the workers they need if they did away with the tier pay system and I've told them that alot of times when the boss complains that he can't hire enough drivers. But, the bottom line is that it's Overland Park's call.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.
Powered by vBulletin™
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Image resizer by SevenSkins
Advertising positioning by Digital Point
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com