Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: New YRC Change Of Operations?

Freightmaster1 is online now Premium Member

Question New YRC Change Of Operations?

sponsored links
    I just heard that a new YRC change of ops has supposedly been requested and has been posted at 309. Has anyone heard about or seen a new change?

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

BMAN is offline Junior Member
    I havent seen one. I will look again tonight. The big wigs were here at 309 two weeks ago. They said there is a change of ops coming soon. Closing or shrinking more terminals and bringing that freight back to the breakbulks.

turboj is offline Banned
    I wouldn't worry about any coo. Just a rumor put out there by low down lie-in management to keep the natives restless to slip by some other dastardly plan.
    Besides, they don't have the money(used it all for bod's 50% raise and the save all cfo), they've screwed everyone that could be screwed to screw anyone else out of some green, employees excluded.

PS: Any quick coo around the yearend holidays would make me nervous!
    dgenr8 likes this.

roadway77 is offline Senior Member
    Great....

jenny807 is offline Senior Member
    Was told in a preshift about a week ago from the T.M. at 211-Akron that there is going to be a C.O.O. soon. Nothing more specific than that yet!

sundrop03 is offline Senior Member
    Bet they already have 2 changes ready to go, just need dated and signed....Now waiting to see which way new Hours of Service are going....10 hrs or stay at 11 hrs driving time so they know which change to do!!!
    jimmy g likes this.

the Dime is offline Most People are Stupid
    Rumor at 309 is nothing major until July of 2012, what that means --WHO KNOWS--

Freightmaster1 is online now Premium Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jenny807 View Post
    Was told in a preshift about a week ago from the T.M. at 211-Akron that there is going to be a C.O.O. soon. Nothing more specific than that yet!
    I heard this afternoon that the rumors at 211-Akron are 1. that 218-Cleveland will become a breakbulk again and will handle westbound freight and part if not all of the outbound city freight out of Cleveland and Akron, 2. That Akron will remain a breakbulk and possibly handle some of the Akron city freight too. 3. That Toledo will again become a breakbulk and handle some of the rail freight now going through Chicago and put it on the rail at that new intermondal rail yard south of Toledo in northwest Ohio.
    These are just rumors right now, but something is going on because YRC just hired 5 to 6 new dock supervisors and are training them at the Akron breakbulk. Some people think they are brininging more freight into Akron, and some people think that they are training these new supervisors to eventually work at Cleveland or Toledo. Managers at 211 are claiming ignorance about any of this so far! What else is new?!

Last edited by Freightmaster1; 11-30-2011 at 08:20 PM.

jacks is offline Member
    Would all these changes have any effect on Columbus and Cinci. ?

BIG R GUY is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightmaster1 View Post
    I heard this afternoon that the rumors at 211-Akron are 1. that 218-Cleveland will become a breakbulk again and will handle westbound freight and part if not all of the outbound city freight out of Cleveland and Akron, 2. That Akron will remain a breakbulk and possibly handle some of the Akron city freight too. 3. That Toledo will again become a breakbulk and handle some of the rail freight now going through Chicago and put it on the rail at that new intermondal rail yard south of Toledo in northwest Ohio.
    These are just rumors right now, but something is going on because YRC just hired 5 to 6 new dock supervisors and are training them at the Akron breakbulk. Some people think they are brininging more freight into Akron, and some people think that they are training these new supervisors to eventually work at Cleveland or Toledo. Managers at 211 are claiming ignorance about any of this so far! What else is new?!

Dam! Thought maybe I could make it a week or so after my 4 days off before the "I heards", started again. Well at least I made a trip out and back. I did hear though that they are looking at closing all of the breakbulks within 600 miles of 135, and moving all of the work to 422.
    albag, dgenr8 and yankee like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast