Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Is YRC Going For A Two-Year Extension?

ABFer is offline Moderator
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodock View Post
    Another Joe?????
    I'd say that the possibilities are good. He's over due for a fix.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

slavenomore is offline Fair And Balanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    If I remember back aways Hoffa lined his pocket, and YRC was allowed to not pay into your retirement. YRC also got the 15% reduction in pay. Oh, and Hoffa hiked your dues, without a vote. What is to stop him from doing it again?
    Do you have any links or references or dates to when Hoffa did this upping dues without a vote?
    yrc-atm likes this.

longblade is offline Senior Member
    why do you need a link .if the hourly wage goes up the dues go up and when they went down so did dues .
    DUES = 2 1/2hours pay been that way 12 years I believe or maybe since last strike
    yrc-atm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    Do you have any links or references or dates to when Hoffa did this upping dues without a vote?
    Dues increased from 2 Hrs pay/month to 2 1/2 Hrs pay/month back about the end of 2002. Dig out your old paychecks and take a peek.

newpenn107 is offline Senior Member
    Except our local.. That added a building fund fee to our dues.. But never got a building until recently when they merged..
    2 1/2 times our hourly rate.. Plus 8 bucks!!

Kennesaw Kid is online now Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by slavenomore View Post
    It was at the IBT Convention in 2003 I believe....it was voted on by the ELECTED delegates at YOUR Local Union at that time to change the IBT Constitution from 2 hours, to the current 2.5 hours per month....ask your Delegate at that time if you know who they were at that time.......KK
    ABFer likes this.

Hoosierky is offline Senior Member
    It was right after CF went belly up. They had to get some of the $$ back that they lost.

longblade is offline Senior Member
    it was suppose to go toward a strike fund as I remember it .

Quote Originally Posted by newpenn107 View Post
    Except our local.. That added a building fund fee to our dues.. But never got a building until recently when they merged..
    2 1/2 times our hourly rate.. Plus 8 bucks!!
    That building fund assessment should have been voted on by the Local members whenever it was instituted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennesaw Kid View Post
    It was at the IBT Convention in 2003 I believe....it was voted on by the ELECTED delegates at YOUR Local Union at that time to change the IBT Constitution from 2 hours, to the current 2.5 hours per month....ask your Delegate at that time if you know who they were at that time.......KK
    This is correct, Blue Ribbon Committee was formed to assess the situation (takes heat off of Hoffa since someone else decided it was necessary) and they determined that an increase was needed. The distribution of the receipts was also modified (who got how much i e Local, Joint Council, State Conference and IBT). Then dues were increased by 1/2 hr's pay per month. And the phrase, "A nickle an hour for Teamster power", was coined. Ron Carey saw the need for a dues increase too but he put it to a vote and it got rejected (go figure) so Hoffa knew a vote on it was senseless.
    Quote Originally Posted by longblade View Post
    it was suppose to go toward a strike fund as I remember it .
    No but I do believe that there was a strike fund assessment many many moons ago.

Additionally, Hoffa re-linked with the AFL-CIO in 1994 during the freight strike. The strike fund was broke and the AFL-CIO offered necessary financial backing for that strike.
    GO40 and albag like this.

slavenomore is offline Fair And Balanced
    sponsored links
    There was some kind of rumour ciculating, i think from this TDU rumour, that YRC was gonna be able to extend this MOU stuff for 2 years with no vote.

I just got official word that this is untrue.
    The next contract will be done as it has been done in the past.
    Billo1 and albag like this.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast