Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree161Likes

Thread: New President of YRC

SickWithIt is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    So why did Mr Rogers leave or get axed? Someone knows; fill us in.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

ABFer is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SickWithIt View Post
    I'm sure the answer will be.....to pursue other endeavors. Now if it was one of us the word would be...fired and there would be a dastardly reason behind it.

bigtruk_us is offline Senior Member
    He was told to leave.Mr Rogers received a nice bonus check prior to the change.I would say MrWelch was tired of Mr Happy Jack being a cheerleader and not showing and leading YRC Freight in the right direction.Morally it isnt right for Mr.Rogers to get a bonus and not show significant progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

albag is offline First Mate HMS Titanic
    Speculation only. Jeff Rogers was an outsider. His career with YRCW began at Holland. He did reasonably well there. I think Welch thought that he could fix 2 problems at once. First he rewards Rogers for his success at Holland. Second as Rogers has no Yellow vs Roadway baggage maybe the persistent cultural war could be ended. Jeff wasn't able to rally the troops around a unified destiny. And frankly I don't believe the cultures, at least among many, will ever call a truce. I hope I'm wrong!
    grayseal and spn62 like this.
    "A little learning is a dangerous thing...." Alexander Pope

lazylarry is offline Senior Member
    I hope he was fired for allowing this disastrous last change of operations and forcing people to work a stupid amount of unwanted overtime. I would then feel he got some payback. We'll never know the truth, per usual.

badboybill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by albag View Post
    Speculation only. Jeff Rogers was an outsider. His career with YRCW began at Holland. He did reasonably well there. I think Welch thought that he could fix 2 problems at once. First he rewards Rogers for his success at Holland. Second as Rogers has no Yellow vs Roadway baggage maybe the persistent cultural war could be ended. Jeff wasn't able to rally the troops around a unified destiny. And frankly I don't believe the cultures, at least among many, will ever call a truce. I hope I'm wrong!
    I don't think you are wrong. It will go on until the end.

SickWithIt is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    I'm sure the answer will be.....to pursue other endeavors. Now if it was one of us the word would be...fired and there would be a dastardly reason behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtruk_us View Post
    He was told to leave.Mr Rogers received a nice bonus check prior to the change.I would say MrWelch was tired of Mr Happy Jack being a cheerleader and not showing and leading YRC Freight in the right direction.Morally it isnt right for Mr.Rogers to get a bonus and not show significant progress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by albag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lazylarry View Post
    I hope he was fired for allowing this disastrous last change of operations and forcing people to work a stupid amount of unwanted overtime. I would then feel he got some payback. We'll never know the truth, per usual.
    Which ever the factor behind Rogers departure,it will slip in due time.
    albag likes this.

screwy louiey is offline Senior Member
    That is the real truth and I am sticking to it.

screwy louiey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by team486 View Post
    dead on.
    And will continue till the doors close.
    I keep telling management that I do not want to do or tell you how to do your job, I just want it be to done the right way since I am doing it.... That's all I am saying

Rifraf is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Let's just all agree that (no matter what company we used to work for) the company that we are working for has lied to us time and time again. Whenever they have an opportunity to talk straight they would rather tell us that employees are filing bad workers comp claims and we need to stop. Make sure you turn in your brothers and sisters. They wasted how many dollars putting out that crap? Nobody cared about how the freight moved but let's police each other. I am sick of hearing about how we have to save the company and while suck asses can feel free to do whatever they want and management doesn't say a thing to them. This company (YRC Freight, not Yellow or Roadway) has been mismanaged since day one. I'm tired of cool-aid drinkers and company guys who stab Teamsters in the back. Instead of doing managements job we should be holding their feet to the fire. Not enough Teamsters and too many suck asses with a union job.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)