Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
sponsored links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Vitran being bought out

wolf is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Poor Manny is a billionaire.
    He probably heard his Sister wanted Vitran.

2. # ADS
    Advertisement Circuit advertisement
    sponsored links

mud
    mud is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    He probably heard his Sister wanted Vitran.
    Wasn't Manny's sister married to a member of the Hoffa family? That's the story I use to hear back in the seventies when I was a member of Teamsters Local 299 in Detroit. Back when Central Transport was a Teamster represented truck line.

ABFer is offline Moderator
    How did they end up non represented?

And here's a video for your enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Wasn't Manny's sister married to a member of the Hoffa family? That's the story I use to hear back in the seventies when I was a member of Teamsters Local 299. Back when Central Transport was a Teamster represented truck line.
    I remember that being discussed but never paid attention, figured it was more BS, trucking ya know. But it most probably was right, last I knew the Maroune family is not real tight anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post
    It was a several year process. Basically moved the freight to other divisions. Maroune is a master at playing the system. It boggles the mind the way he can do things the way he does. Hell he even manages to tie up the Mich and Ontario Governments with his BS.
    albag likes this.

blaze is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABFer View Post

And here's a video for your enjoyment.
    If memory is correct I know im close
    Back in about 1999 Manny made some kind of deal then told the drivers if they stayed til the end they would get a severance.
    So when the end came he reniged (sp) on it and closed the doors
    A month later he reopened non-union. I don't know all the details except them former employees got screwed

mud
    mud is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    I remember that being discussed but never paid attention, figured it was more BS, trucking ya know. But it most probably was right, last I knew the Maroune family is not real tight anymore.
    Then there were the stories about Local 299 and loans to Central Transport.

rocketmancve is offline Senior Member
    Maybe the new Vitran Central Transport can find a position for Jeff Rogers? He's done wonders at YRC.... Ex YRC management seems to find work pretty quickly from what I've seen.

$outh$side $tre$$ is offline Senior Member
    Vitran did the same as yellow did. They bought or "merged" companies in 2008, the worst time (due to the resession). Vitran was more of a midwest com, till they merges with P-jax Freight in 08, to pick up east coast states. They in late 2008 they froze their employees pay and took 5% ( due to the "struggling" economy). Then in 2010 they bought Cjris truck lines, to service the southwest area, then a short time later they bought Seria West Trucking, to service the west coast, then finally they boughy Milan Express to service the south and southeast. In that span of 5 years they froze the pay for hourly employees. They tried to big a big boy in the LTL world, but failed epicly. Its another sad story of corprate greed and the big pockets of shareholders that wanted to get filled. I sure hope that the shareholders lost their azzes on this deal, becuz they robbed the hard working people of vitran for years. And i hope all the employees at CT and Vitran see this as the last straw and organize!!!! A man can have alittle dream........ cant he?????
    GO40 likes this.

Bosslinco76 is offline Senior Member
    sponsored links
    They have been bleeding money for a wile since PJAX was merged with them bought out etc!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-03-2013, 12:43 PM
  2. 09-23-2013, 05:53 PM