SAIA | ‘god Put Me There’: Man Runs Toward Fiery Crash, Saves Driver On Highway

I have a great deal of trouble in wrecks involving fire. Worse if people want out. Used to carry a sawzall, demo bar and blade in the side box plus a blanket and foil and a few other things. However as a rule I did not stop the tractor trailer around fires if pracitcable. However its not a fast rule.

We had a aggressive corvette in DC weave the hammer lane near the old Wilson Bridge inner loop approach, this was about spring of 95. He effed up and slammed into four beamers (BMW) which was like the state car for that area. Two of them caught fire instantly in the engine bay. I had one bottle behind the seat and sprayed the one with the smallest fire and whats left under the hood of the second. The second one burned. The first was towed for repairs.

Corvette was arrested. Cameras had him all the way up to the smash.

I have fought fires, however I dont do fires. Its one of those things that if you are afraid of something you get aggressive and take on the problem as a way to not be afraid of it. I just hate it when people want out of those.

As a side track to the thought of this company that company or some other company I can only imagine the potential. HOWEVER it is a big rig that went down and its one of us. So it is not good to be talking about giving one another a hard time because it could have been you that went down.