Yellow | ‘One Yellow’ taking shape as company asks Teamsters for change of operations

:bananapartyhat:
Idk if they aren’t paying we will still be short handed on drivers. Pay full pension or pay us $35 too scale and then we will strive. As of now we won’t unless union and corp can come to a deal depending on revenue for each quarter or year? Corp should respect us and deal with us, if dock and us drivers can take care of each costumer much better than what we been doing (depending on us employee’s) for certain amount of free cash flow profit, we get raise or money to the pension funds from that. 1-2 year contract. I think that will motivate us across the board to take care of each single freight we handle.

So you’re saying that until they pay you more, you won’t take care of the customers freight? You do realize that contrary to what anyone might have told you, the customer ultimately signs your paycheck.

Read that last part again.
For myself I know that for sure I’m a driver and see costumers face to face and do what I can but you know many of the newer dock workers don’t work like that and due to the lack of pay. $16 hr start to move freight and work nights too because you are on call. Yeah people won’t sign up at all. Point is we need quailifying candidates. New gen don’t know or even won’t realize costumers pay us. When I was at the dock I was told by some roadway dock workers to stroke the company and bay everything up because how much they pay us. But since I became a driver and realized that “hey the costumers are the ones we serve” not the company. If anything we are screwing ourselves. Bad training by roadway workers on the dock in Bloomington ca. dock workers think baying everything up is job security too when all that’s causing is loosing more costumers because they aren’t getting that freight in on time. Either pay or maybe the union needs to talk over this to all new workers if not all just to be on the same page. I say this because I’ve been there and I was one of them.

For myself I know that for sure I’m a driver and see costumers face to face and do what I can but you know many of the newer dock workers don’t work like that and due to the lack of pay. $16 hr start to move freight and work nights too because you are on call. Yeah people won’t sign up at all. Point is we need quailifying candidates. New gen don’t know or even won’t realize costumers pay us. When I was at the dock I was told by some roadway dock workers to stroke the company and bay everything up because how much they pay us. But since I became a driver and realized that “hey the costumers are the ones we serve” not the company. If anything we are screwing ourselves. Bad training by roadway workers on the dock in Bloomington ca. dock workers think baying everything up is job security too when all that’s causing is loosing more costumers because they aren’t getting that freight in on time. Either pay or maybe the union needs to talk over this to all new workers if not all just to be on the same page. I say this because I’ve been there and I was one of them.
What the hell is a costumer? Did you mean customer?

But I agree with most of what you said other than the spelling thing the most important part to remember is it the freight doesn’t get delivered in a safe ,timely,profitable manner we don’t get paid.so for whatever reason you got for being pissed at this company it’s time to suck it up and all of us do our jobs because we got a whole lot of good coworkers that depend on each and every one of us to give our best so they get a check every week

But I agree with most of what you said other than the spelling thing the most important part to remember is it the freight doesn’t get delivered in a safe ,timely,profitable manner we don’t get paid.so for whatever reason you got for being pissed at this company it’s time to suck it up and all of us do our jobs because we got a whole lot of good coworkers that depend on each and every one of us to give our best so they get a check every week
Oh you can count me in. I have my chain box with the most strap I can get a hold of and strap any freight that needs a strap before deliveries and then pick ups. I pick everything up and try to fit what I can for deliveries and sometimes re wrap pallets to make it look nice. Man I know my first couple year I was the best but I realized it a bit when I went to abf as a casual and came back with knowledge but over I thank God I got a good job with great benefits for my family and I.

Oh you can count me in. I have my chain box with the most strap I can get a hold of and strap any freight that needs a strap before deliveries and then pick ups. I pick everything up and try to fit what I can for deliveries and sometimes re wrap pallets to make it look nice. Man I know my first couple year I was the best but I realized it a bit when I went to abf as a casual and came back with knowledge but over I thank God I got a good job with great benefits for my family and I.
You can’t be the best when I’m the best. Nice try.

Key Question , " ""So has the person or people making these decisions for change of operations ever drove a truck or a forklift "" ?????????:6788:

So you’re saying that until they pay you more, you won’t take care of the customers freight? You do realize that contrary to what anyone might have told you, the customer ultimately signs your paycheck.

Read that last part again.
And please remember its someones property we are supposed to move- not destroy !!!!

In Cali we are currently at $26.15 but dang gas at lowest $5.39 up to over $7 in LA area. Houses are $350k for a 2 bedroom and 1 bath no front or back yard lol or rent around 2k monthly and this is in the deserts in LA or big cities you looking at houses starting at $500k up to $700k. UPS tops their drivers at $41 + $12 pension and same benefits and legal attorney benefits here in Cali. Need 3 years experience and I got 2 so far. Every mega carrier or at least tip carriers are paying their drivers top pay around $35 hourly.

Idk if they aren’t paying we will still be short handed on drivers. Pay full pension or pay us $35 too scale and then we will strive. As of now we won’t unless union and corp can come to a deal depending on revenue for each quarter or year? Corp should respect us and deal with us, if dock and us drivers can take care of each costumer much better than what we been doing (depending on us employee’s) for certain amount of free cash flow profit, we get raise or money to the pension funds from that. 1-2 year contract. I think that will motivate us across the board to take care of each single freight we handle.
These changes coming up are going to call for a lot of employees to relocate and I don’t think employees are going to do that this time