Yellow | ‘One Yellow’ taking shape as company asks Teamsters for change of operations

In Cali we are currently at $26.15 but dang gas at lowest $5.39 up to over $7 in LA area. Houses are $350k for a 2 bedroom and 1 bath no front or back yard lol or rent around 2k monthly and this is in the deserts in LA or big cities you looking at houses starting at $500k up to $700k. UPS tops their drivers at $41 + $12 pension and same benefits and legal attorney benefits here in Cali. Need 3 years experience and I got 2 so far. Every mega carrier or at least tip carriers are paying their drivers top pay around $35 hourly.

Where to start?

Living in the High Desert and driving up and down that pass on a daily basis? It was crappy before ‘09. There’s only Amazon and Walmart fulfillment warehouse work up there, unless you’re a hustler buying unclaimed self storage lots.

Local 63 has some serious beefs with corporate. Not that they’re angels either; 830 is an interesting place. Please keep us posted with info about returning to utility and any goings on at Pico as well.

Put in your time, then head straight to UPS feeder or maybe ABF.

And last tidbit for now, hoard your cash, cause property here is gonna bust, big time. If you have a stash, real estate will be available for pennies on the dollar.

:bananapartyhat:
I will never understand this freaking place. I understand they wanna save some money by getting rid of layovers. So we’re going to spend money to relocate drivers to destinations in the middle. We already have plenty of drivers. Why don’t we meet in the middle from the terminals instead of from the middle to the terminals? For example we have plenty of drivers in Salt Lake City Utah we have line drivers with REDDAWAY In Las Vegas. But we wanna put people in the middle going to those terminals. Instead of utilizing those drivers and meeting in the middle from the terminals. Then you won’t ruffle feathers people loser jobs in this godforsaken company could possibly make a dollar.

5zp5ox.jpg

For myself I know that for sure I’m a driver and see costumers face to face and do what I can but you know many of the newer dock workers don’t work like that and due to the lack of pay. $16 hr start to move freight and work nights too because you are on call. Yeah people won’t sign up at all. Point is we need quailifying candidates. New gen don’t know or even won’t realize costumers pay us. When I was at the dock I was told by some roadway dock workers to stroke the company and bay everything up because how much they pay us. But since I became a driver and realized that “hey the costumers are the ones we serve” not the company. If anything we are screwing ourselves. Bad training by roadway workers on the dock in Bloomington ca. dock workers think baying everything up is job security too when all that’s causing is loosing more costumers because they aren’t getting that freight in on time. Either pay or maybe the union needs to talk over this to all new workers if not all just to be on the same page. I say this because I’ve been there and I was one of them.
The new hires for the dock. They come and go so fast. They don't even have time to adapt before leaving. The company isn't being truthful with them up front. They don't tell them they will never make top pay. When they find out things from the regular employees. They quit and don't look back. The workforce isn't getting any younger. The forced overtime day in and day out! It's taking a toll on the veteran guys! The results are only going to get worse Very Quickly! The ideal thing to do is offer the 30 plus year guys a package! You'll be surprised how many would take it and run!!!

The new hires for the dock. They come and go so fast. They don't even have time to adapt before leaving. The company isn't being truthful with them up front. They don't tell them they will never make top pay. When they find out things from the regular employees. They quit and don't look back. The workforce isn't getting any younger. The forced overtime day in and day out! It's taking a toll on the veteran guys! The results are only going to get worse Very Quickly! The ideal thing to do is offer the 30 plus year guys a package! You'll be surprised how many would take it and run!!!
Well maybe not run but walk really fast lol

Check out a couple of my posts from 2011….
Ahhh, never mind.

So we can’t find younger people and can’t keep the ones they do find so the answer to that problem would be to buy out the older guys that do show up? Got it ✅

So we can’t find younger people and can’t keep the ones they do find so the answer to that problem would be to buy out the older guys that do show up? Got it ✅
Absolutely! We have done our agreed 30 plus years already! The retirement age restrictions are B.S. The only thing keeping us here is the insurance! Otherwise, we would freeze the Crock Of ::shit:: and leave. The company is ran like an Insane Asylum! It's micromanaged to death! We don't even have trailers to load the freight on! The supplies dunnage, airbags, deck bars, and plywood are virtually missing in action 70% of the month. SO YES! OFFER ME A LEGITIMATE PACKAGE AND I'LL BE GONE YESTERDAY! TO WORK 30 PLUS YEARS WITH THE SAME COMPANY IS ENOUGH FOR ANYONE! IF I WANT MY FULL PENSION I'LL HAVE 46 YEARS WORKING! HELL 2 THE NO SIR!

The number 1 mission of the Teamsters Union Officials is to keep the dues coming in. So, they do not want to close ANY union company. That would cause less revenue to the International. They will push ANT contract as long as it keeps the doors open. von.