ABF | “No Givebacks!”: ABF Bargaining to Start

No. I don't see why they would, since they already have their own LTL division.
To match FedEx. To remove a competitor. To grow their LTL business. They could get it at a dirt cheap price. ( UPS has a long history of dealing with the Teamsters and a lot of clout within the Teamsters ). Short of the government getting involved , no other company has the money and success with the union that could fix ABF's CSPF.

The biggest hurdle that I can see is buying the ABF LTL unit would mean buying out of the CSPF - again. If UPS could figure a way around a multi billon dollar payout again I think it would fly.

Anyway , if it were me , I would be pushing for a way to get this fixed ( that didn't involve the government - they are as responsible as the union executives )

The vacation is not the reason drivers don't apply at abf. Just look around at all the non Union companies that have many drivers. I don't mean Conway or fedex. I mean the lower level non Union companies. Low pay no insurance ratty equipment and bad working condititions.

And they have plenty of drivers. What I see in Cleveland is most drivers that apply can't grasp the electronic equipment. And many cant work the dock they are drivers only and almost all have zero city peddling expirence.

It is not the vacation that keeps them away. This is the things I see in Cleveland.

The vacation is not the reason drivers don't apply at abf. Just look around at all the non Union companies that have many drivers. I don't mean Conway or fedex. I mean the lower level non Union companies. Low pay no insurance ratty equipment and bad working condititions.

And they have plenty of drivers. What I see in Cleveland is most drivers that apply can't grasp the electronic equipment. And many cant work the dock they are drivers only and almost all have zero city peddling expirence.

It is not the vacation that keeps them away. This is the things I see in Cleveland.
Agree with you Muler, but would add their MVR, and background checks may also contribute to not getting on with leading LTL carriers...

Ok supposedly.... Last week we had a recruiter here and she booked 6 interviews. Only two even showed up and only one of those wanted to work here after talking to her. That one she put through into the system to be checked out. There is a strong possibility that he forgot something on his application that will get him disqualified from consideration.

Ok supposedly.... Last week we had a recruiter here and she booked 6 interviews. Only two even showed up and only one of those wanted to work here after talking to her. That one she put through into the system to be checked out. There is a strong possibility that he forgot something on his application that will get him disqualified from consideration.
They cant expect diamonds when they are only willing to pay for coal....

Hey! I'm available to make a recruitment video for ABF.

I'm photogenic........if I wipe the donut crumbs out of my moustache.....

I'm ebullient and erudite...........(. I can talk a good line of B.S.)......if you don't mind me slurping on coffee while you film me.....

Just leave me on the clock.......and leave the coffee and donuts......

Hey! I'm available to make a recruitment video for ABF.

I'm photogenic........if I wipe the donut crumbs out of my moustache.....

I'm ebullient and erudite...........(. I can talk a good line of B.S.)......if you don't mind me slurping on coffee while you film me.....

Just leave me:bananag: on the clock.......and leave the coffee and donuts......
That must be before the 15. Give backs video :36:

No reason for a substandard contract. They have purchased two companies in the last few years. Plenty of cash on hand.

Someone posted this 'It's because management steals from you. Why does management take from the workers they ****in it up let them take the cut and by the way I'm not a scab I have 34 years in teamsters '. They steal from us because we voted for it. The last 2 contracts I voted NO. I would tell anyone @ the terminal,'pay the rate or lock the gate'. No one wants to put under a company. But my 17 years experience showed me ABF management would disregard the contract every chance they could. I would then & will now walk a picket line even retired, to achieve better compensation for myself & family. But no one has any backbone anymore. No one knows the risk or sacrifice Teamsters suffered to achieve what we have today. I also believe the International has thrown the members under the bus. Their goal is to keep the dues rolling in. If the dues stop so does the Union. They will do anything to keep the cash flow. Come the first stroke after midnight after the contract expires, a picket line should be put up @ all the terminals. Anything less shows weakness from the rank & file. Call their bluff. Force the company to either close the doors or come to a agreement in a very short time. The longer a strike the more risk for everyone. They are bleeding the profits from freight to other companies. No profits no company. Isn’t that what CF did in forming Con Way? Pension Fund obligations WILL be discharged in Bankruptcy. Either way force that risk on ABF. Make them cut their own throats or sign a contract that might bring back the will & the pride. The skill never left. Von.

Dang. From what I'm reading within you guy's posts......it sounds identical.
:hide:
We know that, we've been chattering about it for quite some time. And our 'union' is doing absolutely nothing to try and curb it. Grievances are nothing but a nuisance to them and a joke to the company and they want other workers to sign up? :hilarious: I wonder why they're getting no takers. :idunno:

No vacations for two years? Company struggling? Morale in the tank? No contract enforcement? Low starting pay?
And they wonder why they can't find drivers?
The leadership at some of these companies are just plain stupid IMO.

No vacations for two years? Company struggling? Morale in the tank? No contract enforcement? Low starting pay?
And they wonder why they can't find drivers?
The leadership at some of these companies are just plain stupid IMO.

Of course they are. It's all about making an obscene amount of money for the few at the top......at the expense of the rest of the employees.

After all, that's what corporations are for, aren't they?

The ideal corporation would be one where they didn't have to deal with those whiny complaining customers,.......and those ill-behaved , ill-bred employees........

Just toadying sycophants and yes-men telling them how wonderful they are.......

We used to be a company that cared about service.........and they USED to say they were proud of their Union workforce........

We're just an overpaid nuisance now.......we "interfere" with profits.