1 Killed In Tractor-Trailer Collision

texasflood

TB Lurker
Credits
BOONE COUNTY, Ind. -- One person was killed early Monday morning in a collision involving two tractor-trailers on Interstate 65 in northern Boone County.

Story Link

This is disgusting, this should not HAPPEN!!!!

come on here, happens all the time. jerk-off pulled off the berm, either no 4-ways, or even lights or turn signal, either never looked or didnt care, and here is is going what maybe 25-35 mph, infront of truck, at least going 65mph. early in the morning. says nothing about fire or hazmat for him to un-hook, but now cant prove his lights or 4-ways werent on or working, can you.just another driver dead because of stupidity!!!

Hope the drivers family takes legal action and makes an example of Fernando, his company, and Indiana for not enforcing so called parking rules on ramps!! Rest areas get a WIDE berth from this driver.

Hope the drivers family takes legal action and makes an example of Fernando, his company, and Indiana for not enforcing so called parking rules on ramps!! Rest areas get a WIDE berth from this driver.

I agree, I hope they throw the book at Fernando. He should have proceeded through the rest area and merge the proper way, the on ramp not the off ramp. Just like some of these drivers who like to pull over on the shoulder and take a nap. They should at least get off at an exit and pull over at the top of an on ramp. It's not like fatigue sat in all at once. I don't have any sympathy for any driver who will not only put their safety in jeopardy but others as well. You try to tell them on the cb what they should do, but they start to argue with you and make up excuses. No wonder they live in a truck like a gypsy. They have no brains.

Maybe he couldn't read the signs saying not to park there. I guess the dot needs to put up signs in all languages of drivers. Sad but true some can't read or speak english

Maybe he couldn't read the signs saying not to park there. I guess the dot needs to put up signs in all languages of drivers. Sad but true some can't read or speak english

Yes that is true,but why on GODS green earth should we accompany them when they :
1.Come here to live & work. LEGALLY!!!
2.Are supposed to speak & read to obtain a
CDL,or any license for that matter.
I guess if we dumb down now this type of accident (in the future after the mex.pilot program is put more on the front burner) won't be as bad!
My sympathies go out to the family for their loss.

Yes that is true,but why on GODS green earth should we accompany them when they :
1.Come here to live & work. LEGALLY!!!
2.Are supposed to speak & read to obtain a
CDL,or any license for that matter.
I guess if we dumb down now this type of accident (in the future after the mex.pilot program is put more on the front burner) won't be as bad!
My sympathies go out to the family for their loss.

we shouldn't have to, but it just amazes me how many drivers can barely speak or read english if at all. The laws says they have to in order to get a cdl, but when I pulled the oversees containers I worked with and ran into many many drivers that couldn't

Well get ready for more of the same.
I heard on the news the Mexicans are going be free to deliver anywhere in the U.S.,starting next saturday.

I say our government should max out their DOT force at our boarders,and make real sure that all of the Mexican equipment coming over here passes the strictist of inspections,to keep our highways safe.

Well get ready for more of the same.
I heard on the news the Mexicans are going be free to deliver anywhere in the U.S.,starting next saturday.

I say our government should max out their DOT force at our boarders,and make real sure that all of the Mexican equipment coming over here passes the strictist of inspections,to keep our highways safe.

And that all these drivers are able to read english. BUT, it's all a matter of MONEY. Money to go into the pockets of politions and big business. They don't care how many die in vehicle accidents every year. It gripes my @ss that people fuss and hollar about the war in Iraq, while far more are dying daily on our nations highways.

I-65 is not a safe place to drive anymore. "Four wheeler or big truck, there is always someone more important than you, more of a hurry than you, and you are in their way and even if you ride in the right lane you, are holding things up, and need to go faster or get off the road." I do no longer use I 65 north of Indy just because of that mentality.
We call the stretch from Lafayette to US 30 the "trucking black hole"
It's a pity really. When you think of our profession when I started we were the "Knights of the Road". Now were have become everyones nightmare beacuse of the highly intelligent reckless morons, whose "you drive your truck, and I'll drive mine" attitude brings reckless to a whole new higher plateau.

Well heres one of the lessons I've learned in my long trucking career.
I drive a big truck,which makes me the one who is in control,of traffic around me.
I drive along at the speed limit,if people in their four wheelers want to go around me,and drive like fools.
I let them go,no problem.
As I say I'm the one controling the traffic flow in the right lane that I'm driving in.
As much as other drivers in smaller vehicles don't like being behind me.
Well to bad so sad,what are they going to do about it?
I'm driving the big rig,which just happens to be much bigger then their vehicle,and I'm in control,I refuse to be intimdated by some driver with a vehicle smaller than mine.
End of story!

Well heres one of the lessons I've learned in my long trucking career.
I drive a big truck,which makes me the one who is in control,of traffic around me.
I drive along at the speed limit,if people in their four wheelers want to go around me,and drive like fools.
I let them go,no problem.
As I say I'm the one controling the traffic flow in the right lane that I'm driving in.
As much as other drivers in smaller vehicles don't like being behind me.
Well to bad so sad,what are they going to do about it?
I'm driving the big rig,which just happens to be much bigger then their vehicle,and I'm in control,I refuse to be intimdated by some driver with a vehicle smaller than mine.
End of story!

Yeah but do you handle the butt heads in the rigs bigger than yours......

Well I tell you guys I've driving for just about thirteen years now and Have seen alot of bad things out there. This whole thing is tradgedy. It from where the driver was parked to how he came back out on the road. How many times have you had to dive out of a lane because a big truck was jumping on and didn't have the courtesy to check to see what the traffic flow was before he began to merge. It's these simply little things that can be overlooked and can have tragic result. I was also curious as to why the driver un-hooked his tractor from the rig. I can only speculat that there was some type of fire. And just as apostolic does when I am passing a rest area I give it really wide birth. Which isn't easty sometimes when you are driving a truck that is governed at 62 mph. I wonder how many time this is goung to have to happen before these states realize that they need to do something about the parking in a great majority of the rest ares in the country with the one possible exception being Kentucy, they have some othe biggest and best truck parking in the country. I really got to hand it too'em. That's the solution to the problem better truck parking and more availablity.

My air horn is nice and loud to wake anybody up.
When I notice someone is going to try and take my lane away not giving both of us enough room to be there.
I start backing down my speed at the same time I'm pulling my horn cord.
So far going into my 45th year as a city driver this method has always kept me safe.

My air horn is nice and loud to wake anybody up.
When I notice someone is going to try and take my lane away not giving both of us enough room to be there.
I start backing down my speed at the same time I'm pulling my horn cord.
So far going into my 45th year as a city driver this method has always kept me safe.

You mean if someone cuts close in front of you?

Yes thats right,when I'm doing the speed limit in my lane,and somebody decides to join me there without speediing up.

I call this an accident in the making.
A science experiment,Two objects attempting to occupy the same space,at the same time.

Well I tell you guys I've driving for just about thirteen years now and Have seen alot of bad things out there. This whole thing is tradgedy. It from where the driver was parked to how he came back out on the road. How many times have you had to dive out of a lane because a big truck was jumping on and didn't have the courtesy to check to see what the traffic flow was before he began to merge. It's these simply little things that can be overlooked and can have tragic result. I was also curious as to why the driver un-hooked his tractor from the rig. I can only speculat that there was some type of fire. And just as apostolic does when I am passing a rest area I give it really wide birth. Which isn't easty sometimes when you are driving a truck that is governed at 62 mph. I wonder how many time this is goung to have to happen before these states realize that they need to do something about the parking in a great majority of the rest ares in the country with the one possible exception being Kentucy, they have some othe biggest and best truck parking in the country. I really got to hand it too'em. That's the solution to the problem better truck parking and more availablity.

The way I read it,he was parked on the exit ramp & instead of going onto the entrance ramp to gain speed,he got back onto the interstate from where he was parked with NO SPEED!& NOT observing the on coming traffic!