Yellow | "1" thing could save YRC.......1 company

The way I look at it by having different brands its kinda like a motel chain. You have 4 diferent motels one on each corner. Each for a different level of service. This way you get the best in all 4 corns for the different types of people or freight.
However, if your "motel" has a set price rate, the other motels that you own, should not cut the rates. Your "motel" should be focusing on getting new business from the other "motels" that are in town, not the "motels" that you already own.

If one of the carriers under the YRCW umbrella has the freight, let them keep it. If they loose it to the competition, then we all should aggressively go after it. But, we should not be undercutting each others price. That's just stupid.

To the original poster: About that driver who didn't feel comfortable with backing into your dock, drive a truck yourself once and have your livelihood depend on it and then come tell us about what you're comfortable doing and not doing. His efforts to keep you from driving his truck were done to keep you from wrecking and getting him in trouble. It wasn't because he was afraid that you'd make him look bad. Trust me on that one.

Notice I didn't rail on you for not working for YRC. It was because you have no idea on what the hell you're talking about.

Maybe I should have clarified that I hold my CDL license and have for over 25 years. While I do not drive daily, I often do side work since driving truck pays well for easy work. Currently I am turning 200 miles per night through the holidays (not much "wheel time", but it keeps me current). The driver I speak of is the "piece of crap" kind that give drivers and teamsters a bad name. That was all I was trying to say.

I know quite a bit about what I speak of. So my friend, glad I could set you straight.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Roadway was doing just fine before Yellow came along and screwed things up. Debt free & profitable. And I have yet to meet a yellow driver who even comes close to being as good as a Roadway driver, when it comes to people skills, driving, or work ethic. And quite frankly I can say the same about most of the Yellow management folks I have dealt with as well (bunch of micro-managing, non-personality types, that dont look at profitability as a measurement. they look at bills per hour, wtf?). So if you guys want sell off anything Roadway, spin off all of Roadway. Equipment, drivers, management, and facilities and you Yellow folks can go implode on your own, and we'll see who's left. Oh, yeah almost forgot, you guys would get to keep Bill Zollars too. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:clap:

:BlahBlah: :shutup2: I was trying to get some :Zzzz:. OK, now that I am awake, what is it? OK, Zollars is gone already. Spin off Roadway, thats a great idea. They do have great work ethic to be a non-union worker, heck they gave up their pensions already. I say they are well on the their way. Just make sure those drivers just put Roadway on their applications and not YRC. I am sure they don't want other companies to know they were Teamsters at one time. OK, I see non-personnality types Yellow. I have noticed that x-Roadway guys hate being treated like person, because they don't know how to respond to it. I have noticed that x-Roadway employees get better respect when management treats them like ::shit::, thats the normal, professional, working conditions they know best. A spinoff to Conway, thats a great idea. I wish I would have thought of that, but I could of sworn that I did think of it before. Maybe it was in another forum, too tired to go look it up now to see if I did or didn't. Well, thanks for thinking of others for once, I was starting to worry that noone was human over there. Well, it has been nice sharing the info with someone who cares. I am going back to :Zzzz: now. :smilies-19296: :Zzzz:

Notice I didn't rail on you for not working for YRC. It was because you have no idea on what the hell you're talking about.

truer word were never spoken..
thanks-1.jpg

That's how YRC had 24% of the LTL market. Some people will only ship with Holland and others would never ship with Roadway. If you melded them all together it would be impossible to maintain the market share that you had and as such your revenue and profits would fall, not to mention the costs of integrating along with operational losses due to wrinkles that needed to get ironed out. It didn't happen, because they never wanted it to. Combining Yellow and Roadway came after they were posting half billion dollar quarterly losses. It was done out of necessity.

truer words were never spoken..
thanks-1.jpg

As for the competition between all of the companies, that was going on before YRC bought them and nothing was going to change. Don't forget, they were also competing against Overnite, Con-way and Fed Ex as well. What would make you think that owing 24% of the market would exempt them from having to competitively price their product?

thanks-1.jpg

Yellow, Roadway and Holland were all three great brands and were very successful in the LTL business. Keep in mind they built those companies with hard working union labor. If you want to blame the union labor for "stealing time" and bringing the company down, you also have to credit them for building it into what it was or is. The massive amounts of debt are the problem here. The hard working men are now making substandard wages and the company is STILL posting quarter-billion dollar quarterly losses. We need to quit blaming the hard working union workers here. They are the reason that Yellow, Roadway, and Holland became so large in the first place. In fact just a few years ago, with all wages in place all of those companies were profitable. And that was with the clock stealing that you guys are talking about. Nothing has changed besides the debt load and economy. This one's all on management. I challenge anyone to tell me differently.
[/QUOTE]

thanks-1.jpg

Just reading all of these posts that say how the ex-Yellow guys are against the ex-Roadway guys, and the ex-Roadway guys are against the ex-Yellow guys sure makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It sounds like the blending of the two companies has really been a smooth transition.:whistling:

I hope that in all reallity, most guys have more respect for each other than I read on here.:popcorn:

Maybe I should have clarified that I hold my CDL license and have for over 25 years. While I do not drive daily, I often do side work since driving truck pays well for easy work. Currently I am turning 200 miles per night through the holidays (not much "wheel time", but it keeps me current). The driver I speak of is the "piece of crap" kind that give drivers and teamsters a bad name. That was all I was trying to say.

I know quite a bit about what I speak of. So my friend, glad I could set you straight.

I highly doubt that.

Give it a break Joe. Chicago did not create the mess this company is in.:ranting2:

Chicago didn't start it but now they feel even more justified in doing the unthinkable because of the no vote. There was just so many mistakes during the process of this whole fiasco. It would of hurt a lot of people but if they would of consolidated the whole mess at the beginning and became a lean mean machine right off the bat it would a different ball game now. Now it's the whole company.

It's all corporate greed...

I highly doubt that.

What do you doubt?

If it is me having a CDL, what do I have to share? That the first 2 trucks I drove were a 1978 Kenworth Aerodyne cabover and then a 1981 K100. Did you want to know that they were both Cat 3406 with Fuller 13 speeds (before I drove, I had more time under a truck having 46 quarts of oil splashed all over me)? Or that I did work in the past with a T800 and moved a mobile MRI unit around. Current unit I driving is a 2008 Volvo with a D13 and a 13 speed and have been hauling a 53' dry van.

I have moved on further in this industry than just a driver. As much as I enjoy my success, I do often wish I could go back to just being a driver.

Please let me know since the last thing I do is give a line of BS.

hello..anyone home..you had two seperate and proud companies..and all of a sudden WHAM....merger, layoffs, terminal closures.....what you expect..i'm sure some terminals welcomed the new guys, but the vast majority hate each other and blame each other for the inefficiencies

Just reading all of these posts that say how the ex-Yellow guys are against the ex-Roadway guys, and the ex-Roadway guys are against the ex-Yellow guys sure makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It sounds like the blending of the two companies has really been a smooth transition.:whistling:

I hope that in all reallity, most guys have more respect for each other than I read on here.:popcorn:

I don't hate x-Roadway guys. If they weren't around I would not have anything to complain about. It serves a purpose to help relieve some stress, thats all.

You forgot the part about Holland and New Penn bashing YRC.

One of the biggest probs with a merge or a buyout is the culture clash

cultures are not compatible

acquired Co's revolt don't do what they are asked to do

different management styles

sabotage

Don't like idea of being acquired, too proud to be acquired

infighting leads to lost customer base

turf wars

no loyalty

hate fueled layoffs

that's where we are at today, then factor in the recession

we have then..

DOOMSDAY

I don't hate x-Roadway guys. If they weren't around I would not have anything to complain about. It serves a purpose to help relieve some stress, thats all.

:beerchug:Bravo, spaghettijg. Either YRC teamsters swim together or we all drown together. PLENTY enough stress this time of year without the mess at YRC.

You forgot the part about Holland and New Penn bashing YRC.
Personally, I have never bashed YRC. I have however bashed YRCW often. It's the corporate nitwits that have ruined all of our companies. Not YRC. Everyone should understand the difference.:1036316054:

Negative, It's all about the brands. If the bondholders agreed and Chicago voted yes the ship would have cleared the final two hurdles and would be sailing out to sea. But it crashed and burned instead

1200 workers out of 40,000 plus on payroll is not bankrupting this company. The workers didn't force the company to waste money & buy a chinese company, the workers didn't make the company pay an over inflated price for two other companies, Roadway & Holland.

I would like to have what this place pisses away in a week in stupid spending.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Roadway was doing just fine before Yellow came along and screwed things up. Debt free & profitable
"Bullhockey"!!!!! Roadway Corp. owed the Western Conference Pension Plan more than 140 million dollars. The tractors were so old they still had non power steering, and non air conditioned tractors running the road. The trailers were so bad that there were more than one customer that refused to load theyre freight into them. Get over it, that company like many others was not what Management would have you believe.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Roadway was doing just fine before Yellow came along and screwed things up. Debt free & profitable
"Bullhockey"!!!!! Roadway Corp. owed the Western Conference Pension Plan more than 140 million dollars. The tractors were so old they still had non power steering, and non air conditioned tractors running the road. The trailers were so bad that there were more than one customer that refused to load theyre freight into them. Get over it, that company like many others was not what Management would have you believe.

Don't worry, I'm sure the dispatchers will still take the coffee and donuts even after the merger. Just make sure there is no x-Yellow drivers around, when giving it to them. Then maybe there will be a better run that can be available. Otherwise everybody will have to go by the work rules that are in place, and thats the way it is.

Assuming there is no truth to the rumor UPS will buy Holland and New Penn for over 500m

One might assume that the banks are not going past a bondholder refusal

To be specific they are JP Morgan, SunTrust, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Wells Fargo, Wachovia Bank, Bank of America, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and US Bank. Those are the bankers.

They are first in line

YRC may not have enough assets to pay people that are in line way ahead of the bondholders...even if liquidated at face much less for the pennies on the dollar they will get.

Maybe vwaggs was correct that bondholders bought insurance and have no reason to buy worthless YRC stock. Who knows

My guess is the banks won't let YRC drag this out any longer with out a bond deal and the expense of the Chicago vote. But then again what do I know about what they will do? I'm just guessing..sticking my neck out

Assuming there is no truth to the rumor UPS will buy Holland and New Penn for over 500m

One might assume that the banks are not going past a bondholder refusal

To be specific they are JP Morgan, SunTrust, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Wells Fargo, Wachovia Bank, Bank of America, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi and US Bank. Those are the bankers.

They are first in line

YRC may not have enough assets to pay people that are in line way ahead of the bondholders...even if liquidated at face much less for the pennies on the dollar they will get.

Maybe vwaggs was correct that bondholders bought insurance and have no reason to buy worthless YRC stock. Who knows

My guess is the banks won't let YRC drag this out any longer with out a bond deal and the expense of the Chicago vote. But then again what do I know about what they will do? I'm just guessing..sticking my neck out

IMO the bond deal won't mean squat. Let me throw some numbers out for an example, chime in and correct me if you can enlighten my theory. Company xyz is 1.5 Billion in debt, they get rid of 500 million of that debt. They bring in revenues of lets say 600 million per quarter. But they pay out 750 million per quarter. So where does that leave them? A company with only 1 billion in debt that still loses 150 million per quarter. Whats the gain????? other than the banks free up 100-150 million more in LOAN for the company to make payroll. Someone fill me in if this isn't what we are looking at. :TR10driving03: