Yellow | #1 worse place to work CELL BLOCK 309 yrc treats them like slaves,out to get ya

Wrench, how long you been around? Do you remember the needle nose White 4000, long nose White Road Boss and the 2 stack Macks with the 318 Detroits?

Not quite that long, since 81, the RP I'S and RB II's were dominate, but I remember plenty of wedge brake trailers :)

You got some whiskers. Those short nose RB I's, we use to call them "shake and bakes". They rode so bad the sheet metal on the cabs would fatique and crack and they had to fish plate them. No air cond. and the heat from the dog house was brutal. There were many things about them though that I prefer to the plastic baby carriages they make today. I definately don't miss the infamous 6V-92's. Lot's of noise - no power.

Some of the RB I's had the same rubber block rear suspension as the shake and bakes but had A/C :)
The 6V's were a pain 150,000 miles and it was time to replace the pistons but of course we only did 1 side at a time.
And then there were the Winston rebuilds, Green meant a Factory Detroit rebuild, Red a Winston Rebuild and the infamous Black engines rebuilt from used parts we never knew how long they would run.

150,000 mi. is pitiful. What caused that, was it poor design or from running them cut back so bad. I remember the red engines, guys would peek in the wheel well and get jacked up if they had a red engine. They did run a little better than some of the more tired engines but I never saw that much difference. You were probably around when they ran single wheels on the tag axle for awhile. Helm's did the same thing.

I love how Dawson just does what he wants to and the 710 agent let's him get away with it. Takes bids away and rules...we don't need no stinkin rules. I feel sorry for all 309 drivers management does what they want and 710 is in bed with them. I think I saw Dawson campaigning for 710 the other day.

The war on the workers

I love how Dawson just does what he wants to and the 710 agent let's him get away with it. Takes bids away and rules...we don't need no stinkin rules. I feel sorry for all 309 drivers management does what they want and 710 is in bed with them. I think I saw Dawson campaigning for 710 the other day.

True that. :6788:

yea you guys at roadway didnt follow the nmfa and worked you guys 7 days a week im sorry alot of us yellow guys like makeing less and beieng home enjoy lifefishing hunting spending timewithfamily had work rules and managmentthat wasnt out to fire you and by the way in the midwest its 90 percent roadway managment , dispatchers .... your old junk trailers your 1980s out date computer system , your payroll, terminal numbers , logbooks pay recs .....so it is now roadway not yellow so your in a fairy tale world buddy oh wait i cant make 95,000 year thats the part of roadway thats missing....... bo ho sorry more to life then being in a truck 7 days a week

Still true today as yesterday

All this bullshit between Yellow and Roadway really is funny ! I can end it all with one word and one word only "ZOLLARS " take that and put that in your Yellow pipe and smoke it !!!

yea you guys at roadway didnt follow the nmfa and worked you guys 7 days a week im sorry alot of us yellow guys like makeing less and beieng home enjoy lifefishing hunting spending timewithfamily had work rules and managmentthat wasnt out to fire you and by the way in the midwest its 90 percent roadway managment , dispatchers .... your old junk trailers your 1980s out date computer system , your payroll, terminal numbers , logbooks pay recs .....so it is now roadway not yellow so your in a fairy tale world buddy oh wait i cant make 95,000 year thats the part of roadway thats missing....... bo ho sorry more to life then being in a truck 7 days a week

truth hurts right ,wait you must be a roadway boy sorry you never experinced what a real nmfa job was and managers and dispatchers that got along and worked with you and had a life so sorry if thats so crazy to miss

truth hurts right ,wait you must be a roadway boy sorry you never experinced what a real nmfa job was and managers and dispatchers that got along and worked with you and had a life so sorry if thats so crazy to miss

Wow your intelligence just oozes out .

I will trade you it's 40 degrees here and windy ! Enjoy your day and tell Jay C Hi when you pick him up sorry I couldn't help myself . :Poke::479:

40 degrees!!!! I think its time to get out of Dodge!

PS: I wouldn't pickup joe "if" I was the gayest man on Earth!:biglaugh:

Wrench, how long you been around? Do you remember the needle nose White 4000, long nose White Road Boss and the 2 stack Macks with the 318 Detroits?

Why don't youz 2 guys tell us novice wheel turners about when you first started out driving the chaindrive Macks with solid rubber tires!:biglaugh::shift::biglaugh: