10/2/08 - Is Oak Harbor still on strike?

that the majority of the members of the unit set certain criteria that had to be met in any company offer.

What were the criterias? Did the members actually speak up and say what they wanted? If the members wanted to work for peanuts, the union should make that a criteria right? Because they represent the members, right???

Did the union not warn you to be prepared at any moment. Did you not understand it was a union barn when you joined which entitled you to certain rights but also certain obligations as a member. Grow up and
cut the propaganda spiel if you do not like union jobs just hire out elsewhere and let real women and men fight this battle.

Al H must not have gotten the memo. He kept on saying even until 9/22 that teamsters were NOT going to strike, they were just going to keep up the pressure with other means, like when they had the picket line at corp with retireees. Do you really think any other company is going to trust anything Al has to say to them now? If he outright lied to the company, he is a liar, if he didn't know they were going to call a strike, he is out of the loop. Who is in charge over there? 174? Joint 28? IBT?

Just Asking Basic criteria were and is no backward motion
without proof of economic need by the company. The membership voted to empower the IBT with our strike vote .
Where were you dude? You can not enjoy the fruits of union
membership without some sacrifice or risk. Life is not always
fair just like Oak HARBOR

Just Asking Basic criteria were and is no backward motion
without proof of economic need by the company. The membership voted to empower the IBT with our strike vote .
Where were you dude? You can not enjoy the fruits of union
membership without some sacrifice or risk. Life is not always
fair just like Oak HARBOR

What are the "basic criteria"??? $25 hour for drivers? $10 per hour for pension? Health insurance for the homeless?

So if IBT had a bad day at the office, they make your guys go on strike? PLEASE tell me that is not what happened here.

Just Asking, you must be really bored to keep posting all
these rediculous questions that if you were one of us
you would already have the answer to.
You may also be the person assigned to count
empty OHFL trailers and have anger issues as the
count of unused equipment continues to rise and
will keep rising.
Also don't forget to count the equipment not
being used that is being stored off the property
because of lack of room at the terminals.
While you're at it, you might as well count the
number of terminals in Oak Harbors system
that are not being used because of lack of
business.
Now get back to work!!!:biglaugh:

You must be right Foster I think the pup has to much time. He may be looking to earn his junior manager merit patch.Time to count empties in the yard Just Assking.where were you ? Oh yeah 115, 116 ---------

You must be right Foster I think the pup has to much time. He may be looking to earn his junior manager merit patch.Time to count empties in the yard Just Assking.where were you ? Oh yeah 115, 116 ---------

Would somebody please send those empties down here. We're desperately short on them.

You would think the company would want to mothball them down south. Some trlrs have been sitting so long the bearings are frozen and the Oakleaf is rusting. Besides the taggers (TRAILER ART) are much better down there. But I think we are closer to the auction yard and it's hard to justify shipping air south. Guess we'll keep them here and plant ivy. Maybe we we should have a contest and give a spare trlr to the person who guesses which Calif.Terminal will be closed first.

Just Asking, you must be really bored to keep posting all
these rediculous questions that if you were one of us
you would already have the answer to.
You may also be the person assigned to count
empty OHFL trailers and have anger issues as the
count of unused equipment continues to rise and
will keep rising.
Also don't forget to count the equipment not
being used that is being stored off the property
because of lack of room at the terminals.
While you're at it, you might as well count the
number of terminals in Oak Harbors system
that are not being used because of lack of
business.
Now get back to work!!!:biglaugh:

Are you for real??? You guys must know by following all the trucks that OHFL is doing business. They are not back to pre strike levels but they are more than half way there and they are getting more business back everyday. Did you know that Gap actually laughed at you guys in SF? Did your stunt even make news beside the press release by IBT? Did anyone get to talk to any body at Gap besides the receptionist who asked who they were and walked away laughing when told who they were? You are right, there is one terminal that is not being used right now and that really has nothing to do with the strike. It was on the chopping block already.

If you guys would follow more of the trucks around maybe you would see they are doing pretty good but if you did follow all the trucks, you guys wouldn't have enough people to hold the signs.

I wouldn't think asking for some facts would be considered ridiculous...

maybe some of those drivers who were forced to come to portland feel differently than ryerke. It must be horrible to be threatened with your job if you do not do what the company wants. THANK GOD FOR THE UNION. Hold the line!!!!

maybe some of those drivers who were forced to come to portland feel differently than ryerke. It must be horrible to be threatened with your job if you do not do what the company wants. THANK GOD FOR THE UNION. Hold the line!!!!

You might want to check your source there. NO ONE WAS THREATENED. Everyone that came up was on volunteer bases. If you wanted to go, great, if not, that's great too.

Back in the day almost every man of us went out with a full set of LTL to the route areas. Now 2 men go out with a shorty to deliver on the average 1-5 bls. Do the math we have. All fixed costs are predicated on the past frt volumes and associated revenues. This outfit is seriously in the red. I have never yet in many years seen any trucking firm successfully downsize. But I hope for your sake you can keep your job because layoffs are just around the bend.

You might want to check your source there. NO ONE WAS THREATENED. Everyone that came up was on volunteer bases. If you wanted to go, great, if not, that's great too.

I don't know how to copy a quote but this one is a lie. Or the drivers that have been here driving in circles are lieing. We have followed these guys, we have even showed them where to go to stop us from driving around in circles. Either way the comany we once new as Oak Harbor Freight Lines in Portland is a joke. Maybe that is where the name Joke H:chairshot:arbor is coming from. The once proud company I worked for is nothing more than a JOKE

You're not "EVERYONE" so you wouldn't know.

And it's basis....not bases.

Speaking of trailers and mothballs, I noticed a big green tow truck hooked up to a red International, looked like a P&D tractor yesterday. I'm sort of curious, was this being towed off of the property or towed in from the road?

You would think the company would want to mothball them down south. Some trlrs have been sitting so long the bearings are frozen and the Oakleaf is rusting. Besides the taggers (TRAILER ART) are much better down there. But I think we are closer to the auction yard and it's hard to justify shipping air south. Guess we'll keep them here and plant ivy. Maybe we we should have a contest and give a spare trlr to the person who guesses which Calif.Terminal will be closed first.

That has not been my experience. I have had to go to customers to get empties because there are none in the yard. BFL is sending lines back single because there are no empties. Please contribute, I am not wanting nor needing the extra work shagging trailers.
Maybe my neighborhood is too respectable for tagging, still, even in Monebello and Fontana (of all places) I have not seen this tagging. Photoshop?

You will need to explain this. I haven't heard anything about going to Portland. Is it really cold there or something?

That has not been my experience. I have had to go to customers to get empties because there are none in the yard. BFL is sending lines back single because there are no empties. Please contribute, I am not wanting nor needing the extra work shagging trailers.
Maybe my neighborhood is too respectable for tagging, still, even in Monebello and Fontana (of all places) I have not seen this tagging. Photoshop?

You want empties? there currently 20, 28ft empties
sitting in the yard of GCR Tire here in Portland.
You could be a hero and save the company storage fees.
Possibly you could get a Service Super Star award
for your outstanding efforts in this time of crisis.
The Portland OHFL yard is full of empties type in
the Portland address on google earth and look at the
yard then, and we will post pictures of it's current
condition, there is nothing but empties. Either you
are being misled or attempting to falsify information
of this companies current condition to others.
Don't become a liar face like this companies owners.:chairshot:

just to let you guy's know that the union is a bunch of liars they are saying thing's that aren't true they are trying to make them selves look good and just to let every body know that they aren't hurting just them self's they are hurting everyone else who is trying to make a living and they need to quit lying! That is your union for you . so to the union keep on lying and keep living in your big house's.and to those that posted the picture of the truck that is laying on it's side happend 5 year's ago and that was a union employee..............!!!!!