R&L | $104 Reduction in pay per month for all employees on R+L Healthcare.

SMARTWAY

TB Lurker
Credits
R+L is making alot of money .We want them to. But when your making over 25 million a month profit maybe you can start sharing with all emplyees and not raise our insurance rates by 50%. Also the deductables and out of pocket expense has also seen a big increase. They are taking advantage of the new laws to make more money for themselves. I guess they are smart. Also most office employees have not seen a salary increase in over two years. The are becoming the boss on Christmas story that gives you the jelly of the month club.

R+L is making alot of money .We want them to. But when your making over 25 million a month profit maybe you can start sharing with all emplyees and not raise our insurance rates by 50%. Also the deductables and out of pocket expense has also seen a big increase. They are taking advantage of the new laws to make more money for themselves. I guess they are smart. Also most office employees have not seen a salary increase in over two years. The are becoming the boss on Christmas story that gives you the jelly of the month club.

I don't know if it is really fair to blame R+L for the increase, my new employer just raised their rates for the first time in 14 years, and my wife's insurance rates went up for the first time in about 5 years. Unfortunately I think it is just the way it is. Also how do any of us really know for sure how much they are making? The last rate increase was in 2010.

I think we all knew an increase was on the way. The one thing I really think is unfair is how they raise short term disbility for people of different age groups. I have seen more young guys go our on disability than older farts. A straight up charge....one fits all is more the way it should be. we all do the job for the company. same pay. same equipment. some are forced to work a bit harder via inside and liftgate deliveries. fees should stay the same for everybody. I can afford the increases but some will need an adjustment period I am sure.

I know what the are making. Their revenues and bill counts are increasing and after deducting their costs it still gives them a 20-25% return every month. On over a Billion in revenue per year that adds up. We all knew that they would take advantage of the Obomacare situation but when you raise the Dr visit cost by $10 and the individual deductible to $1000 that is really bad. We are not only paying more for insurance but getting less coverage and more out of pocket expense. And to answer AkitaDog- We do have choices. We can stay with what we have or look elsewhere. I have to say R+L owners are very smart, They have most employees by the b_lls and they know that they can't find a better job at this time. If they do leave they will just hire someone else. So yes they have the money and want more .The American way I guess. I just wish they would share a bit more with there middle to lower class employees.

I know what the are making. Their revenues and bill counts are increasing and after deducting their costs it still gives them a 20-25% return every month. On over a Billion in revenue per year that adds up. We all knew that they would take advantage of the Obomacare situation but when you raise the Dr visit cost by $10 and the individual deductible to $1000 that is really bad. We are not only paying more for insurance but getting less coverage and more out of pocket expense. And to answer AkitaDog- We do have choices. We can stay with what we have or look elsewhere. I have to say R+L owners are very smart, They have most employees by the b_lls and they know that they can't find a better job at this time. If they do leave they will just hire someone else. So yes they have the money and want more .The American way I guess. I just wish they would share a bit more with there middle to lower class employees.

I have to say I agree with the end of your post....I don't mind an bit of an increase but lowering the coverage and the actual 40% increase they have passed on to the employees is a bit on the disappointing side. 52 per week to 90 with dental and vision for family. Especially when they really are making money. If they were losing money I could understand increasing our cost with a bit of a takeaway. All that said I really....thank god....haven't had to use the health insurance much. My kids have. I don't see them lowering it in the future either. I am surpised to see a few new posts in the R+L forum. Not many people say much in here....no interaction....that's too bad.

that roby he want money and more of it . I knew that they was going to raise it .you pay more for healthcare but don't get anything more for it' hell the healthcare I got don't pay for anything .they cut our run all the time or hours but for linehaul they don't cut outside carriers they run more that our teams that sad but this is what they give us they have different healthcare provide here you can't pick which one you would like 'this is rl carrier that should be a choice. you can say it obamacare I don't thing so because they raise it when bush was in there. don't anybody tell rl carriers what to do they do what they want until they get caught we got raise the the last three years and now they r getting it back

Maybe the Driver and dock received raises but not the office staff and all the people in Wilmington. We haven't received a increase in over two years. All of our expenses are up also. So a $104 a month increase is pretty hard to absorb.

The problem is that they think that everyone is replaceable. They have no idea what happens in the real world. Pull yourself away from the computer screen and start interacting with your employees. Be part of the solution, not the problem....

I pay 54.00 a month for my health insurance, next April it will go up to 55.00

I don't know what location you work at but I pay $52 a week for health and Dental. It will go to $76 a week next year for myself and my wife. I would say this is for most people . Also you need to look at the out of pocket expense.

I don't know what location you work at but I pay $52 a week for health and Dental. It will go to $76 a week next year for myself and my wife. I would say this is for most people . Also you need to look at the out of pocket expense.

That is exactly how much my increase would have been too. Luckily they separated the dental and vision from the main insurance so since all I really use is the dental, I opted out of the med and took the dental coverage for the wife and I and ill get my med coverage on my wifes plan. Heck, R+L actually saved me money. LOL

Don't forget to add your union dues. Without paying your dues you would not have coverage for $54/month.

$54 is his monthly union dues and their health & welfare benefits is included with that. Sure beats what we've got to fork out, I'm looking at
$600 a month for everything starting next year.