XPO | 14 hour rule

It still baffles me that they claim this. If your barn doesn't work 7 days a week, it shouldn't be allowed. 70 hour weeks were never intended to be done in 5 days, even if it is possible.

Are we still a "7-day carrier", qualified to use 70 hours/ 8 days?
I've been wondering that since they sold 'truckload.'
Day of the week does not matter. Always has been, total hours past 6 days, subtracted from 70, equals what you have to work on your 7th day.

Are we still a "7-day carrier", qualified to use 70 hours/ 8 days?
I've been wondering that since they sold 'truckload.'
if all barns run under same dot # and 1 works a 7 day schedule then everybody is 7day
I was told that all LH runs have to be done by 1800hrs on Saturday because is you breakdown there no there to answer the phone and we are not a Sunday company. The law states that the company must run trucks 7 day a week to qualify for the 8 day 70 hr rule if not then they must use the 7 day 60hr tule

if all barns run under same dot # and 1 works a 7 day schedule then everybody is 7day
ABF is different. They have union employees. Our barn closes on Friday night late or early Saturday morning. The road drivers are on the 70hr / 8 day rule. The dock & city drivers are on the 60hr / 7 day rule. And no re-set because of a CBA that everybody works under. von.

Day of the week does not matter. Always has been, total hours past 6 days, subtracted from 70, equals what you have to work on your 7th day.

Anything over 60 hours in those 6 days would prevent you from driving on the 7th day. Once you hit 60 in 7 you've got to stop driving- unless you're using 70/8. You can be on-duty as much as you want- FMCSA doesn't care unless you're driving.

There's no way XPO can run linehaul being limited to 12 hour days.

I was told that all LH runs have to be done by 1800hrs on Saturday because is you breakdown there no there to answer the phone and we are not a Sunday company.
I know they've run linehaul on Saturday night, and surely there are barns that start inbound on Sunday night. We only have to operate one truck on Sunday to be a 7 day carrier, and it's a big company.

I know they've run linehaul on Saturday night, and surely there are barns that start inbound on Sunday night. We only have to operate one truck on Sunday to be a 7 day carrier, and it's a big company.
Someone is always on call for breakdown and emergency. Always.

Anything over 60 hours in those 6 days would prevent you from driving on the 7th day. Once you hit 60 in 7 you've got to stop driving- unless you're using 70/8. You can be on-duty as much as you want- FMCSA doesn't care unless you're driving.

There's no way XPO can run linehaul being limited to 12 hour days.

Rule confuses me too. 65-68 hours in six days doesn't seem to jive with the intent of 70/8. Not that I see a diffence between 10 & 12 hours a day, especially sleeping at home.

Someone is always on call for breakdown and emergency. Always.
That's not what I was told. This past winter we ran a Sat night FAC due to a weather shut down and also in the past I have run on Sat night to the FAC to pickup loads. On this past Sat we were told that the day time flex might have to pickup loads at the fac. I told them OK I'll run sat night. That's when I was told about the 1800hrs shut down. The FOS told me that all LH runs and any Sat deliveries must be done by that time. He also Sat that he was told we are not a Sunday company.

So if we don't run trucks on Sunday then we are not a 7 day a week operation meaning we can't use the 70/8 rule and must use the 60/7 rule

That's not what I was told. This past winter we ran a Sat night FAC due to a weather shut down and also in the past I have run on Sat night to the FAC to pickup loads. On this past Sat we were told that the day time flex might have to pickup loads at the fac. I told them OK I'll run sat night. That's when I was told about the 1800hrs shut down. The FOS told me that all LH runs and any Sat deliveries must be done by that time. He also Sat that he was told we are not a Sunday company.

So if we don't run trucks on Sunday then we are not a 7 day a week operation meaning we can't use the 70/8 rule and must use the 60/7 rule
There is an on call cell number, your suppose to be given it if your running. Line haul has someone with a cell, so does the CRC.

That's when I was told about the 1800hrs shut down. The FOS told me that all LH runs and any Sat deliveries must be done by that time. He also Sat that he was told we are not a Sunday company.

Okay, but take just a moment to step away from the trucker lawyer role and think about what you're saying. Does it make more sense that, A:) A giant corporation in a heavily regulated industry -with legal, compliance and safety departments- is openly refusing to follow federal law, or B:) A bottom-rung manager is misinformed or misunderstood the situation?

Okay, but take just a moment to step away from the trucker lawyer role and think about what you're saying. Does it make more sense that, A:) A giant corporation in a heavily regulated industry -with legal, compliance and safety departments- is openly refusing to follow federal law, or B:) A bottom-rung manager is misinformed or misunderstood the situation?
I understand your point but I just want to make sure we are talking about the same corporation with a legal, compliance, and safety dept. The same corporation that has on many occasions told drivers to drive or pull out of service equipment to a FAC shop. If we have those Dept's then why does the rocket scientist at the FAC shop still have a job after many complaints to the safety and high ups about this.

I understand your point but I just want to make sure we are talking about the same corporation with a legal, compliance, and safety dept. The same corporation that has on many occasions told drivers to drive or pull out of service equipment to a FAC shop. If we have those Dept's then why does the rocket scientist at the FAC shop still have a job after many complaints to the safety and high ups about this.
Why do drivers agree to pull OOS gear?