XPO | 14 hour rule

Great idea HS. I wished that I would've thought of that the other day when I had a delivery at a residence out in the woods. I had a delivery ,about 250 pounds off a liftgate , to bring up this person's 200 yard driveway at about a 40° incline. I stopped about three times on my way up that driveway hill to get my breath and my old hernia began acting up. What a fool I was. next time I'll do what you suggest, get another driver to help, have the consignee get a pickup truck at the end of their driveway, or have them pick up their freight at our terminal. Great advise , great post.

While running in the city I am more than willing to be helpful. But I will not do anything that even might possibly maybe could sorta lead me to be injured or in your example likely have a heart attack.

Okay, but take just a moment to step away from the trucker lawyer role and think about what you're saying. Does it make more sense that, A:) A giant corporation in a heavily regulated industry -with legal, compliance and safety departments- is openly refusing to follow federal law, or B:) A bottom-rung manager is misinformed or misunderstood the situation?

As we can see by some of the other threads, for example- dolly chains, GO may not always let us know what is new, or changed. Rumor was that an email was sent to mngt that we do not have operations on Sundays- which would keep us from being able to use 70-hour rule. I don't have evidence, but ...-Just saying.

As we can see by some of the other threads, for example- dolly chains, GO may not always let us know what is new, or changed. Rumor was that an email was sent to mngt that we do not have operations on Sundays- which would keep us from being able to use 70-hour rule. I don't have evidence, but ...-Just saying.
If we went back to the 60 hour rule, my barn would be screwed. We might send one driver to xsx a night and a lot of guys use close to if not more then 12 hours a day.

We must remember that these are the same ones telling everyone that you do not need to enter your dolly number on the elog

But XPO runs all the time even if XPO LTL does not. Is that good enough to keep the 70 hour log ? If we go back to 60 hour logs people will loose their ::shit::.