ABF | 15 weeks and crickets.

I think that the sentiment is that the competing entities are waiting for Yellow to fold so that they can take their freight. I don’t think he meant that he WANTS to see other Union drivers lose their jobs. At least, that’s MY take on his comment. Maybe he’ll reply to clarify.
Exactly right.
My comment was an observation. There are posts on some of the forums of companies hiring drivers they don't need. The IBT is blocking the COO that Yellow needs to survive. Time is running out for Yellow and the vultures are circling. There will not be 30,000 out of work. I was with Preston when they shut down without warning. Nearly all of us found jobs with other companies very quickly. It was the lower and middle management folks who had trouble finding work. The freight still needs to be moved and will find its way onto other trucks.

Thank you. I can’t imagine that any of us WANT to see other drivers out of work. The thing that concerns me most is the threat of autonomous trucks endangering our careers. If the “techno nerds” can automate semis, then they’ll be able to automate just about any other job out there. It would cause mass unemployment and an unsustainable economy.

Why are y'all on ABF thread discussing Yeller? Usually it's only Puffy & that Krinkle fella coming here to knock the Teamsters union once and awhile but I see many have "lurker" on their profile.
200.gif

I would like to think you were right, but the last 17 years tells me you’re not. I remember working at Yellow in 2008 and having other drivers coming up asking if “Yellow is going out of business”. What kind of person confronts someone concerning his or her job like that. It was always said with the “hope” Yellow would fold. It’s to the point I see it as a victory over the “Yellow Haters” every time they say this and Yellow keeps on trucking.
My neighbor was a supervisor at Fed Ex Frt in 2012. He said every morning they would get a memo from corporate saying “ today might be the day that Yellow folds

Why are y'all on ABF thread discussing Yeller? Usually it's only Puffy & that Krinkle fella coming here to knock the Teamsters union once and awhile but I see many have "lurker" on their profile.
200.gif
200.gif
I have no idea why the term “Lurker” shows up on my profile. I just joined yesterday. I’m ABF out of 165. You’re right. We shouldn’t be commenting about other companies. I was simply replying to someone else’s comment.

My neighbor was a supervisor at Fed Ex Frt in 2012. He said every morning they would get a memo from corporate saying “ today might be the day that Yellow folds
So did Old Dominion and Averitt. I know this for a fact because drivers from both companies worked at the same large customer I did daily and they told me every time it happened. Every sales rep for every trucking company used that against Yellow to all of their customers telling them not to get their freight tied up in Yellow’s system.