ABF | 15k Sign On Bonus?

I was waiting for this comment, probably from somewhere on the other side of the country

Nope. I've been to the Elizabeth building twice and it's not worth it. Traffic drops your wages drastically and the headaches that come with it aren't much better. The only buildings in NJ that I'll go are Wayne and Rockaway. They're far enough from NYC that you can avoid the congestion. I wouldn't work out of a building in that area for a 15k sign on bonus. It's not worth it, especially when you consider 15k not getting you far in that area.

Nope. I've been to the Elizabeth building twice and it's not worth it. Traffic drops your wages drastically and the headaches that come with it aren't much better. The only buildings in NJ that I'll go are Wayne and Rockaway. They're far enough from NYC that you can avoid the congestion. I wouldn't work out of a building in that area for a 15k sign on bonus. It's not worth it, especially when you consider 15k not getting you far in that area.
I should have specified I was looking into P&D

I know you have to give them 2 yrs for 7500, so I guess it’s more for 15k.
More like 3. I got it. But I haven’t spent any. I’ll pay it back when I leave the company here pretty soon .

After two months of working everyday and all the crappy shifts, a new guy finally shows up from the CDL school for 8 weeks cause he wasn’t quite ready to drive after getting his cdl from XPO and he’s ahead of me in seniority. Only because he technically went to orientation two days before me.

New guys show up and I’m still at the bottom of the list. New guys don’t stick around I stay at bottom of the list. Over it.

More like 3. I got it. But I haven’t spent any. I’ll pay it back when I leave the company here pretty soon .

After two months of working everyday and all the crappy shifts, a new guy finally shows up from the CDL school for 8 weeks cause he wasn’t quite ready to drive after getting his cdl from XPO and he’s ahead of me in seniority. Only because he technically went to orientation two days before me.

New guys show up and I’m still at the bottom of the list. New guys don’t stick around I stay at bottom of the list. Over it.
Grove, I am sorry that your experience at ABF has not been pleasant so far. Just bear in mind before you leave that the pension and the healthcare are worth more than all the negatives you will encounter as a new hire. We all had to start at the bottom at one time and wait for better routes/jobs as time went on. I can tell you from my own personal experience that the healthcare alone is worth staying for if you or a loved one has any kind of illness or disease. What I am trying to say is weigh all your options before jumping ship and regretting your decision after the fact. Good luck with whatever you decide to do brother. And I hope you make the right choice for you!!!

I'd hang in there...things change in a hurry.....it is a decent gig if you stay with driving.....good luck whatever you decide to do...

Grove, I am sorry that your experience at ABF has not been pleasant so far. Just bear in mind before you leave that the pension and the healthcare are worth more than all the negatives you will encounter as a new hire. We all had to start at the bottom at one time and wait for better routes/jobs as time went on. I can tell you from my own personal experience that the healthcare alone is worth staying for if you or a loved one has any kind of illness or disease. What I am trying to say is weigh all your options before jumping ship and regretting your decision after the fact. Good luck with whatever you decide to do brother. And I hope you make the right choice for you!!!
I worked casual for over a year. I watched management sneak in one of their club members ahead of me that had quit & came back. It was tried again but by this time a steward that was not jealous of my qualifications & played no favorites stopped the game.
I admit I almost quit but am glad I stayed with it. I enjoyed being the fly in the ointment for certain management types.
Grove you have already gotten through the first few weeks so think about it.

I worked casual for over a year. I watched management sneak in one of their club members ahead of me that had quit & came back. It was tried again but by this time a steward that was not jealous of my qualifications & played no favorites stopped the game.
I admit I almost quit but am glad I stayed with it. I enjoyed being the fly in the ointment for certain management types.
Grove you have already gotten through the first few weeks so think about it.
That's the way of the old days, family, friends, and brother in laws got all the gravy.
Nepotism was rampant.

It's Avenel, NJ
They have done this b/4, in North east Jersey not enough qualified drivers to go around. I did meet a guy who went to the open house, he liked the 15K but did not like the idea for working the dock during the winter so he passed on the job.

Your area is not much better come Thursday & Friday all the NY & NJ people start rolling in to their weekend homes....

Your area is not much better come Thursday & Friday all the NY & NJ people start rolling in to their weekend homes....

AirBNB made it so much worse. They do 25 in a 40, 15 mph at night and come to a dead stop every time they see a deer. I don't do anything on holidays anymore. Mother's day is the third week of May and father's Day is the third week of July.