Yellow | $16 A Day

Job protection for what? If you’re a good employee you have nothing to worry about. If you get into a bunch of accidents in one year you shouldn’t be protected, find a new job. You know who wants protection? Lazy workers. Unions bring mediocrity. Hence why they are failing.

Bullshitt..get out of here you friggin troll.We have several guys from Conway at Holland ( more than 6) and there isn’t any comparison to the job according to them.
I’ve seen good people fired from XPO and SAIA.
You’ll get yours some day.Being a time :butt kiss: will only get you so far.
The only reason you are on here is to torment people.
Ot after 8 is nice but when the non unions are already 4 to 6 dollars an hour more than you from the start the ot is meaningless.

Upsf is top rated at $28 an hour. In 5 years you will still make 2 dollars an hour less from the start.
Odfl xpo Estes all over $25hr. And if your one of these 70 hour a week losers you worked 20 hours more for about $5 an hour or $100

Your only worried about next Thursday never mind you have worked half your career for peanuts into your pension. When your 65 and you get 2000 a month compared to the 5 or 6 you should've gotten just remember you voted for this terrible contract. Keep getting steam rolled.

You have had 10 years to get on at OD or Estes. Neither of them pay time and a half and it absolutely matters.Their insurance isn't even in the same league.But honestly ,if you think they are better why haven't you left?

Last edited:
Those of us making things seem worse than they really are have helped secure the fact that organizing another carrier is as good as gone, not ever gonna happen again, hurting all of us in the process. Like one poster said, he doesn't have to talk bad about YRC or the Union, we do that very well everyday on our own. Though it may not make a Difference but to all non union employees you have to Read between the lines, use realistic logic, it's not as bad as they make it, matter of fact it's 10 times better than they make it, no better way to explain it than a spoiled filthy rich kid that finally had to get a job and wash their own clothes and car and live in a common dormitory, really look at it, no one would stay at a job with conditions so bad and no go to the many non union carriers paying twice as much treating 10x better. We took concessions to keep the company open, no more no less. People are gonna complain about any and everything in life but the fact is, nothing was stolen from us like they say, We Voted to Take Concessions to live to fight another day, to preserve Union jobs. Jobs at no matter what they say it no matter how much bitching goes on airing out dirty laundry, none of us are gonna leave( we had 10 years to do so) because deep down we all know The Union has been good to Us, and Good For Non Union workers. Check the history

Whoever worked for YRC in 2010 when they gave all those cuts should have quit. The best LTL companies are non union.
I did. In 2009, at the merger. Would only have gotten 2 or 3 weeks a year to work, anyway. At Indy, 19 years seniority made you a 10%er. Less, and laid off. Anyone with a CDL, not on a bid, left for better pastures.

Do all you non's understand if it wasn't for the union's setting the pay scale years ago you wouldn't be making 1/2 what your making now.
That’s a good point and I would agree. The union is not what it used to be.
They have lost allot of members over the years and thus allot of bargaining power.
I really wish it didn’t have to come to all this with YRC and the union. A union driving job was once a most coveted position but now it’s to be avoided at all costs as it’s a sinking ship.
The union has served its purpose, and now its hard for them to compete when dealing with companies like YRC.
I wish you all the best of luck with your vote, and personally I hope the yes vote gets the win mainly because I do not want to see anyone lose their jobs.

Bullshitt..get out of here you friggin troll.We have several guys from Conway at Holland ( more than 6) and there isn’t any comparison to the job according to them.
I’ve seen good people fired from XPO and SAIA.
You’ll get yours some day.Being a time :butt kiss: will only get you so far.
The only reason you are on here is to torment people.

You have had 10 years to get on at OD or Estes. Neither of them pay time and a half and it absolutely matters.Their insurance isn't even in the same league.But honestly ,if you think they are better why haven't you left?
Ya. And we don't have to do any of this!
:butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss:

once again the overtime argument is a complete waste of time. But for those who fail to grasp basic math. Our OT rate without the increase in pay is $33.195 an hour. If UPSF or similar carriers are paying $28-30 an hour on straight time, your overtime is only worth about $2 an hour. Taxes will eat that right up. At the end of the 5 year term, our overtime rate will be 39.195 an hour. At $28 an hour the ot rate is $42 an hour. Once again the OT rate dont mean much when other carriers make more per hour from the start of the shift. If your a 70hr a week lifer at YRC 2221.05 $28 an hour at UPSF 2380.00 $159 difference. Plus UPSF pays the full rate into the pension as does ABF.

once again the overtime argument is a complete waste of time. But for those who fail to grasp basic math. Our OT rate without the increase in pay is $33.195 an hour. If UPSF or similar carriers are paying $28-30 an hour on straight time, your overtime is only worth about $2 an hour. Taxes will eat that right up. At the end of the 5 year term, our overtime rate will be 39.195 an hour. At $28 an hour the ot rate is $42 an hour. Once again the OT rate dont mean much when other carriers make more per hour from the start of the shift. If your a 70hr a week lifer at YRC 2221.05 $28 an hour at UPSF 2380.00 $159 difference. Plus UPSF pays the full rate into the pension as does ABF.

How one can compare YRCW to UPS is just mind boggling .Do you expect a struggling company to pay near what a company that makes billions does?

goes to show you that any of our competitors do a better job at earning money just keep waiting for thursday's to come around. never mind that pension you wont retire from here anyways.. tell the company to take that $80 a week and use to buy beer because we like working for no pension.

Lol I don’t need to do that you guys all do that to each other here every day so I guess it’s contagious and besides I didn’t know non union workers weren’t allowed to post on a so called “union board” ...pffft union mentalities are funny.
Always here is this rhetetic about being fired for no reason and terrible benefits at non union companies just shows how out of touch union memebers are with the current workforce, they just believe what they want to believe IE what the union tells them to believe, but all I see here are guys who can’t stop bitching about how terrible YRC and the union are, just saying is all.
You an post here all you like. I can't stop you.
We are a funny group. Must be why you come here.
I don't belong to the union or company any longer.
I personally want to be out of touch with all LTL.
I'm glad to be out altogether. I hope you get the chance to enjoy what I have enjoyed. Pension or not. I planned on no pension in the years to come.
I'm exactly where I want to be. Free.
So. Your welcome here anytime.
:1036316054:

Ya. And we don't have to do any of this!
:butt kiss::butt kiss::butt kiss:
You guys are so lost. I feel bad for you, you honestly think you have to kiss ass to keep your job? That’s sad. You’re the type of people that WOULD get fired from an XPO or fedex. That’s why you’re in a union so you can feel somewhat protected cause you’re terrible at your job.