SEFL | 2 minute auto shutoff

What’s wrong with you corporate bean counters?? Got news for you geniuses; I’m not sitting in a hot cab to enter bills or look up directions or cbd. If I’m idling while this happens and the truck auto shutdown then so be it. You want to walk me out the door for this then I’ll take it to a company that actually cares enough about it’s people to let them run a/c while they work. How about we cut the office a/c off after 2 minutes of run time? That wouldn’t last long. You people really need to get out of your ivory tower and ride with us

I agree with you, sometimes it's just frustrating. But you can spread a word about such treatment on the internet and forums, once it escalates the company will have to attention to it.

I agree with you, sometimes it's just frustrating. But you can spread a word about such treatment on the internet and forums, once it escalates the company will have to attention to it.

Careful or you be accused of drinking the koolaid!

What’s wrong with you corporate bean counters?? Got news for you geniuses; I’m not sitting in a hot cab to enter bills or look up directions or cbd. If I’m idling while this happens and the truck auto shutdown then so be it. You want to walk me out the door for this then I’ll take it to a company that actually cares enough about it’s people to let them run a/c while they work. How about we cut the office a/c off after 2 minutes of run time? That wouldn’t last long. You people really need to get out of your ivory tower and ride with us

Most AC units have 5000 inch thick aluminum tubing that circulates the Freon. A very sharp knife or a blunt force piece of metal will result in a new AC unit being installed. When the office helps stops answering the phones (resulting in a vacant & immediate loss of revenue) then & only then will the Ivory Tower respond.

Or find a tractor with no AC (the broken ones leave alone so the can be fixed) & install 1 large tube of valve grinding compound in to the oil filler neck attached to the engine. Think 50 miles tops & you now have an out of frame rebuild. Too much? Who cares. Definitely not the Ivory Tower?

Last but not least, pull off to the side of the road & call for the ambulance to take you to the nearest ER. Based on my last ER visit billing, the workmans comp underwriter will explain to the Ivory Tower how many AC units could have been fixed for the amount of money spent in the ER. Do not forget to report the incident immediately & carefully fill out & explain why the heat stroke was caused by the engine heat coming up thru the floor boards with no AC in the cab of the tractor. Good luck & remember any of the aforementioned actions have no effect until they dig deep in to their bottom line. PS. If the AC units are on the roof, think BB Gun or Sling Shot for that desired lift you shall need. von.

Last edited:
Most AC units have 5000 inch thick aluminum tubing that circulates the Freon. A very sharp knife or a blunt force piece of metal will result in a new AC unit being installed. When the office helps stops answering the phones (resulting in a vacant & immediate loss of revenue) then & only then will the Ivory Tower respond.

Or find a tractor with no AC (the broken ones leave alone so the can be fixed) & install 1 large tube of valve grinding compound in to the oil filler neck attached to the engine. Think 50 miles tops & you now have an out of frame rebuild. Too much? Who cares. Definitely not the Ivory Tower?

Last but not least, pull off to the side of the road & call for the ambulance to take you to the nearest ER. Based on my last ER visit billing, the workmans comp underwriter will explain to the Ivory Tower how many AC units could have been fixed for the amount of money spent in the ER. Do not forget to report the incident immediately & carefully fill out & explain why the heat stroke was caused by the engine heat coming up thru the floor boards with no AC in the cab of the tractor. Good luck & remember any of the aforementioned actions have no effect until they dig deep in to their bottom line. PS. If the AC units are on the roof, think BB Gun or Sling Shot for that desired lift you shall need. von.
Old school way of thinking beat them with their own tools

What really works is when you cost them money. Until then, our actions of posting on this board have no meaning to the Ivory Tower. When your actions other than posting here cause them a lost of revenue or profit, then you shall have their undivided attention. Until then you are just pounding the keyboard. von.

Do you ever stop and thank us old guys for you having AC in your trucks?
We drove thru Ala. Ga., S. Fla. in August sweating our butts off, we were so tuff, we never complained, not once!
We didn't get AC until 78, best thing ever happened, I thought.
BTW, I'll be looking for a "Thank You"

We drove thru Ala. Ga., S. Fla. in August sweating our butts off, we were so tuff, we never complained, not once!

78? Hell I had a hot box in 1999.

Back in 03 when I worked the dock at SEFL they A trucks still didn’t have A/C in them.

Guess you could say a disadvantage of not being a Teamster?

Funny story. The same year I was at a "disadvantage for not being s teamster" my neighbors son would be at her house painting every afternoon when I would get home from work. I would walk over and talk to him for a few ever afternoon. One day he says to me " now that you got your license you need to get a union job while your young". So I thought about it for a few day, talked it over with my new wife and such. Thought maybe he's right. A few days later I asked him, " when do you work, you have been painting at your mom's house every day this week". His response told me all I needed to know about a union line.

" All man I'm layed off right now, so moms giving me a little extra money to paint her house".
That's not something a new married man with a new baby wants to here. When you don't depend on mom and daddy money to live on and buy diapers and such being "layed off" is not something I needed at the time.

Funny story. The same year I was at a "disadvantage for not being s teamster" my neighbors son would be at her house painting every afternoon when I would get home from work. I would walk over and talk to him for a few ever afternoon. One day he says to me " now that you got your license you need to get a union job while your young". So I thought about it for a few day, talked it over with my new wife and such. Thought maybe he's right. A few days later I asked him, " when do you work, you have been painting at your mom's house every day this week". His response told me all I needed to know about a union line.

" All man I'm layed off right now, so moms giving me a little extra money to paint her house".
That's not something a new married man with a new baby wants to here. When you don't depend on mom and daddy money to live on and buy diapers and such being "layed off" is not something I needed at the time.

I was not trying to plan your future, just stated the reason for no AC.
I also started out with RTL very young, 1955 - 1990 in the same city until they closed the doors.
I've been drawing a check from CS since 1990, I consider myself very fortunate, if I never recieve another
one, I have no complaints.
I hope your future in trucking turns out as well.

Thanks. von.

Nothing like reporting to the window and getting a 78 sidewinder Mack with AC and finding out you are running with Seabreeze to Jacksonville FL. Spreading nonsense all night through GA!

Nothing like reporting to the window and getting a 78 sidewinder Mack with AC and finding out you are running with Seabreeze to Jacksonville FL. Spreading nonsense all night through GA!
Blue, where you been?
Thought you had deserted us.
You still with Averitt?
BTW, Woodchopper got bit by a Copperhead about 3 weeks ago.
I told him he was too old to take up the serpet
Had a rough time with his hand, but he's ok.

Last edited: