Holland | 2 Tier Pay Scales

You may be right, UAW and UPS sure did.I don’t want to be part of a union like that.
I think it’s spineless,greedy and sickening for men or women union members
to sell out their children and grandchildren.
I will go as far as saying anyone that justifies it is a piece of :shit:t .
Your opinion. That your entitled to

Two Tier would be good for the company because it would make everybody fight with each other even more then now !!! But what we really need is HIGHER Night closing Shift Pay differential , like most companies do PAY more for 2nd shift !!

I don't get it.... are we not supposed to be Teamsters.

I would think that we all should be fighting for equal pay for everyone.

What if something happens to you and you go get another job .... do you think that it is fair to start all over again. Say you leave holland and go to yrc due to a closure or something.

I want my fellow workers to prosper.... and it actually might draw in some good talent for drivers.

Just because I had to go through the progression to me doesn't mean that everyone else has to ..... let's move forward.

Two Tier would be good for the company because it would make everybody fight with each other even more then now !!! But what we really need is HIGHER Night closing Shift Pay differential , like most companies do PAY more for 2nd shift !!

Are you saying outbound dock should get more than inbound dock and morning city drivers?

Move on ...if it wasn't for the guys that gave up 15% you wouldn't even have a job. You don't even have a clue what that 15% cut in pay was. It was a hardship that only Teamsters in 2009 felt so consider your
Move on ...if it wasn't for the guys that gave up 15% you wouldn't even have a job. You don't even have a clue what that 15% cut in pay was. It was a hardship that only Teamsters in 2009 felt so consider your self lucky!
Yes I will move on! Hardship my butt, you got played by the company. I wouldn’t have a job. I had job before I came to Holland and I will get another one if I have too. Dude I’m retired Vet of 24 years that get a pension and free health insurance from the military. Yea I should be so lucky to be working for one of the lowest ltl companies in the business

Are you saying outbound dock should get more than inbound dock and morning city drivers?
YES . most all other businesses or factories or companies always pay extra shift differential for 2nd shift & 3rd shift and yes this subject was talked about at the suggestion meetings before talks was started and line haul get paid more to drive down the same roads us city guys do , so we not equal teamsters and plus different locals have different pay scales too and ever barn has there own set of rules too .....

YES . most all other businesses or factories or companies always pay extra shift differential for 2nd shift & 3rd shift and yes this subject was talked about at the suggestion meetings before talks was started and line haul get paid more to drive down the same roads us city guys do , so we not equal teamsters and plus different locals have different pay scales too and ever barn has there own set of rules too .....

Wow,this is unbelievable.Ok then how bout driver classification get $1.00 $2.00 more per hour than dock like all the other companies.

People bid inbound or outbound dock because they don’t want to drive or the hours work out better for them or they don’t have the seniority to hold a city bid.
There is a hell of a difference with our road drivers ,driving a semi down the road at night than a forklift on a lit up dock out of the rain, snow, drunk drivers,and a host of other fatally dangerous scenarios.They also have to spend the night away from home .
There is a reason most city never go to the road even though they can make 15 grand per year more.
Paying dock more than city would make us look like fools IMO.

Last edited:

You think dock should get paid more than city is crazy.You know it's 100x more dangerous with a semi on the streets than it is on the dock.

It was my understanding,as far as the $6.1 billion to Central States goes, it has been paid in full long ago.
Here is the beef now and why a lot of people think they still owe.
I’m copying something I’ll try and get the link if you are interested.

The Central States Pension Fund used to administer pension benefits to a group of unionized UPS drivers, but the company left the fund in 2008 as a way to save money and provide retirees with better benefits. It set up its own pension fund, but only took current workers with it. Any UPS drivers who had already retired would still be covered solely by the Central States fund.

"We do not have a contractual obligation to cover supplemental benefits for those UPS employees that had retired and were in the Central States fund prior to 2008," a UPS spokesman told CNN Money.

UPS paid $6.1 billion in order to exit the fund. That should have covered the pension costs for UPS workers in the Central States fund that retired beforehand, including Dopp.

Here is the link. The 6.1 billion was paid .
https://money.cnn.com/2015/10/27/retirement/ups-pension-cuts-central-states/index.html

Most of the 6.1 billion was paid to me the past 29 yrs for my CS pension.
What I did not spend on my lavish life style is in Elwood's Caman Isle bank.

You think dock should get paid more than city is crazy.You know it's 100x more dangerous with a semi on the streets than it is on the dock.
NO talking just dock talking , city & dock closing shift bid , as we don't have just dock only we have to do both city & dock and then work the Dock in Feb when it's -20 below with snow blowing across it and yes city guys have same danger's driving roads , plus city guys have reverse in there trucks to back into docks and not just park it in the yard & walk away . So again for the closing shift of that includes both CITY & Dock combo , there should be a pay differentiation of say .50 cents per hour for closing bids for City & Dock combo bids .

Last edited:
Most of the 6.1 billion was paid to me the past 29 yrs for my CS pension.
What I did not spend on my lavish life style is in Elwood's Caman Isle bank.

Can you spot a teamster brother 50 or 60 grand until I get back on track from my pension loss?

NO talking just dock talking , city & dock closing shift bid , as we don't have just dock only we have to do both city & dock and then work the Dock in Feb when it's -20 below with snow blowing across it and yes city guys have same danger's driving roads , plus city guys have reverse in there trucks to back into docks and not just park it in the yard & walk away . So again for the closing shift of that includes both CITY & Dock combo , there should be a pay differentiation of say .50 cents per hour for closing bids for City & Dock combo bids .

You don't have any full time dock bids?
We will just have to disagree. A 20 year driver shouldn't make less because he bid a day job IMO.

You may be right, UAW and UPS sure did.I don’t want to be part of a union like that.
Agree, those who stayed when give back stsrtst also made a choice,why should the new hires be treated any different,wit w that comment rodeo made, he's already started divide and conquer, I've been here 26 year's, I want all my brothers and sisters to make as much as they can,as they are working side by side,as you accepted the give back when you decided to stay,just as a New hire decided to come,no one forced anyone to stay,i agree falconfan,

Your a big dump of ::shit::