ODFL | 2 Week Notice

Mike S

TB Lurker
Credits
Enough is enough. I'm turning in my two weeks notice, does OD let you finish your two weeks or take your stuff right on the spot

Yes sir. I've been holding on by a thread since October... when the big man says we're going to take your house if you miss another payment that means its time for a change

You staying in freight?

The trucking industry itself is not slow, I'm going to company that does speciality chemicals tanker for a major paint company so it doesn't really slow down. Guanenteed 3200 miles a week
Good luck man I kinda of miss chemicals. If I could get the schedule and pay if this to be in chemicals I would do that any day. Enjoy you’ll love it

Everywhere I've ever worked its sign your resignation and then boom fuel card,keys, and go clean your truck out. I just don't want to burn any bridges but also dont want to lose a week of pay
Not sure what state you’re in, but if you give notice, it’s your way of saying your intent is to work through a certain date, therefore if they relieve you of your duties, they should pay you through that date. I gave a letter of resignation (one week notice) at a place I was at 15 years ago on a Friday afternoon at quitting time. The manager called me into his office the next Monday morning and said: “In the interest of moving forward, we’re just gonna pay you for the week and send you home.” I kinda took offense to that...him thinking that he was doing me some kind of favor. I thanked him and pretty much said he had to pay me anyway.

Enough is enough. I'm turning in my two weeks notice, does OD let you finish your two weeks or take your stuff right on the spot
If you give a written 2 weeks notice the company is required to pay you. You may have to contact the labor board but if you follow that step they will probably let you work the 2 weeks