2 women at mailbox hit by furniture truck

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
ARAPAHOE COUNTY - A woman was killed and another was injured after deputies say a furniture delivery truck backed over them as they stood at a community mailbox on Saturday afternoon."I started yelling for the truck to stop, you know, 'Stop, stop!'" said Ernie Medina, witness. "When I seen the back tires go over her body I just got scared. That's why I called 911 right away."

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office says it happened just before 1 p.m. in the 7100 block of East Briarwood Drive.

When deputies got there, they say they found a 70-year-old woman and a 62-year-old Margie Hermansen lying underneath the furniture delivery truck.

"I was trying to get him to stop because he was still trying to go forward a little bit and he was like pulling, dragging the women," said Medina.

Both women were transported to Littleton Hospital, where Hermansen was pronounced dead. .......................

9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Deputies: 2 women at mailbox hit by furniture truck

What an awful accident.
I'm sure the truck driver is really upset that this happened.
I think in this case the furniture truck helper should have been outside to the tail directing the backing operation.
Something both of these fellows will regret for years to come.