Yellow | 2010 Stock options have been granted

Exactly. You have to BUY the shares out of your own money. What this deal does is guarantee you that you will only pay 48 cents a piece for those shares (however many are granted) and then can sell them for whatever the market price is at the time or you can hold them if you want. Probably the only time you would do that is if the time limit is about to expire and you think it will go up in the future

Thankyou for the explanation,now if i can figure out the part about my buying it,i thought that is where my money was going? I should just go drive a truck. :hyper:

these new options are for active only? i'm laidoff, and, i logged in, there are no new options to be exercised... what's up with that?

:clap: Your Fidelity account is Your money, Stock options are yours....no need to buy anything....no need to wait for approval THIS is your COMPANY EQUITY for giving up 15% of your wages PLUS PENSION DEFERRALS. Only one catch on the original options as of February 2009, stock has to be over $3.74 a share for you to make any money on those!
However, the second set of shares( Io have somewhere around 8000 shares) is already made money it was granted at .48 cents a share so as of this posting I'm only $1500 into my $17,000 salary donation Plus pension credit deferals. Some light at the end of tunnel....Don"t Know but I see it as glass 1/52 full.....! Exhaustion is overstated....Nuff 4 Now!

Does anyone know who from YRC gave fidelity the information on how many stock options we are suppose to receive? Mine has been screwed up since this all started and no one from fidelity can help, Ive tried the International in Washington, Ive tried my local, all dead ends. Can anyone help? Thanks.

[quote author=Rat-pack link=topic=79280.msg823365#msg823365 date=1271818706]
:clap: Your Fidelity account is Your money, Stock options are yours....no need to buy anything....no need to wait for approval THIS is your COMPANY EQUITY for giving up 15% of your wages PLUS PENSION DEFERRALS. Only one catch on the original options as of February 2009, stock has to be over $3.74 a share for you to make any money on those!
However, the second set of shares( Io have somewhere around 8000 shares) is already made money it was granted at .48 cents a share so as of this posting I'm only $1500 into my $17,000 salary donation Plus pension credit deferals. Some light at the end of tunnel....Don"t Know but I see it as glass 1/52 full.....! Exhaustion is overstated....Nuff 4 Now!
[/quote]Yes the OPTIONS are yours to BUY stock at the strike price.

[quote author=Baldy17 link=topic=79280.msg823564#msg823564 date=1271888427]
Does anyone know who from YRC gave fidelity the information on how many stock options we are suppose to receive? Mine has been screwed up since this all started and no one from fidelity can help, Ive tried the International in Washington, Ive tried my local, all dead ends. Can anyone help? Thanks.
[/quote]

They should have been forced to figure in workers comp since if you or I had not gotten injured in performing our job, we would have been working anyways and should have been granted those extra shares. Sounds like lawyer material...

[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=79280.msg823793#msg823793 date=1271950980]
I finally got mine straightened out.
Now I show I have around 7500 options.
[/quote]

How were you able to do this?

I only had problems accessing the information on the website. Near as I can tell the amounts are correct.
I called the number for fidelity customer service and got a live person almost immediately who unlocked my pin and made sure I got set up.

So what is the thinking:

A. Exercise the options the first day they are available and sell the first day assuming you can get something for them.

B. Exercise the first day and hold the stock for a year to avoid the higher tax rate.

C. Wait and see. Maybe until 2019.

[quote author=truckinusa link=topic=79280.msg823960#msg823960 date=1272004485]
So what is the thinking:

A. Exercise the options the first day they are available and sell the first day assuming you can get something for them.

B. Exercise the first day and hold the stock for a year to avoid the higher tax rate.

C. Wait and see. Maybe until 2019.
[/quote]
A. This is really a question about whether the company will survive.

B. Are the taxes lower on profit made on stocks you hold for a year?

C. That is what I will do at least until 3/01/11.
Looks like fidelity has it set up as sort of a all in one operation where you buy/sell/payfidelityafee.

BTW The teamster literature clearly stated that they would be vested immediately after shareholder approval?
Whats up with 3/01/11

Hey guys let's all remember that there is suppose to be a reverse stock split, so the amount of shares you will change and so will the strike price.

[quote author=Baldy17 link=topic=79280.msg823997#msg823997 date=1272028962]
Hey guys let's all remember that there is suppose to be a reverse stock split, so the amount of shares you will change and so will the strike price.
[/quote]The price for share will increase also. Anybody remember something about rounding the reverse split down to a whole number? If so some shares will be lost in the process, not many, depends on amuount of split I.E. 10-1, 20-1, ect. I THINK. :popcorn:

I believe that is correct Wolf, but what I'm not sure about is the first MOU 2009 strike price of 3.74 will be affected by the reverse split, I don't think that one will change.