FedEx Freight | 2014 Again ?

LTL PRO

TB Lurker
Credits
Does anyone else feel like it’s 2014 all over again but worse ? But think about it , now we have cameras , pay going down , health care going up , moral in the toilet , headway interaction , trucks slower than ever , etc etc .
What happened to “ we don’t need a union , we’re listening to you and we made mistakes , give us another chance “ I still love my job but i feel we are going to be reliving 5 years ago all over again . It’s a shame . I’m great full to have this job and what benefits we have but don’t they see that companies ( non union ) like Estes , OD , etc have better benefits and they’re gonna start to have problems getting drivers to come here vs our competitors?

Am i wrong in this ?

now we have cameras

What specifically do you not like about cameras?

pay going down

Everything I’ve seen on this website shows pay going up each year?

health care going up

Welcome to 2019. Where have you been? Select D during the next presidential election. Let’s get that universal health care.

moral in the toilet

I know, society is changing. Haven’t you listened to the president speak? He’s captain toilet mouth. No wonder our morale is going downhill fast. This guy is a leader? Ha!

headway interaction

Another camera reference I assume? You haven’t been able to adjust your driving?

trucks slower than ever

I guess you don’t know about the red racer days, eh?

I’m great full to have this job and what benefits we have but don’t they see that companies ( non union ) like Estes , OD , etc have better benefits and they’re gonna start to have problems getting drivers to come here vs our competitors?

Have you visited their boards? They **** and moan too

Last edited:
now we have cameras

What specifically do you not like about cameras?

pay going down

Everything I’ve seen on this website shows pay going up each year?

health care going up

Welcome to 2019. Where have you been? Select D during the next presidential election. Let’s get that universal health care.

moral in the toilet

I know, society is changing. Haven’t you listened to the president speak? He’s captain toilet mouth. No wonder our morale is going downhill fast. This guy is a leader? Ha!

headway interaction

Another camera reference I assume? You haven’t been able to adjust your driving?

trucks slower than ever

I guess you don’t know about the red racer days, eh?

I’m great full to have this job and what benefits we have but don’t they see that companies ( non union ) like Estes , OD , etc have better benefits and they’re gonna start to have problems getting drivers to come here vs our competitors?

Have you visited their boards? They **** and moan too[/QU
Does anyone else feel like it’s 2014 all over again but worse ? But think about it , now we have cameras , pay going down , health care going up , moral in the toilet , headway interaction , trucks slower than ever , etc etc .
What happened to “ we don’t need a union , we’re listening to you and we made mistakes , give us another chance “ I still love my job but i feel we are going to be reliving 5 years ago all over again . It’s a shame . I’m great full to have this job and what benefits we have but don’t they see that companies ( non union ) like Estes , OD , etc have better benefits and they’re gonna start to have problems getting drivers to come here vs our competitors?

Am i wrong in this ?

A lot of drivers jumping ship to UPS in my region. They have grossly over hired city & road drivers and have been asking city drivers to take cc's on a regular basis all summer. Usually 3-5 cc's available daily except on Fridays of course. On top of that they are hiring another city driver & its not even January yet. A lot of guys don't want 4/10 but its pretty much guaranteed now after Christmas.

Am i wrong in this ?
What exactly turned things around back then and changed things?? I know the answer to that question do you?

What exactly turned things around back then and changed things?? I know the answer to that question do you?
Ya i do . Wasn’t going there with my post but yes i do . And I’m hearing A LOT of talk from various centers about it starting again unfortunately. It’s a shame how it went back .

A lot of drivers jumping ship to UPS in my region. They have grossly over hired city & road drivers and have been asking city drivers to take cc's on a regular basis all summer. Usually 3-5 cc's available daily except on Fridays of course. On top of that they are hiring another city driver & its not even January yet. A lot of guys don't want 4/10 but its pretty much guaranteed now after Christmas.
Guys down here are talking about jumping to work for other carriers but nobody jumped yet

Guys down here are talking about jumping to work for other carriers but nobody jumped yet
It’s all talk, nobody is going anywhere because most guys can’t afford to go anywhere. They talk like “the grass is greener” but in reality they’re not going to trade top pay here for starting pay there...nor are they going to give up their seniority, it’s all talk and everyone, including the company, knows it.

It’s all talk, nobody is going anywhere because most guys can’t afford to go anywhere. They talk like “the grass is greener” but in reality they’re not going to trade top pay here for starting pay there...nor are they going to give up their seniority, it’s all talk and everyone, including the company, knows it.
I think it would depend on their age and seniority but yes , agreed

Oh, he knows. He was here briefly (as a drive by), back then. A better question might be why he's back now? <rhetorical question>
If i think i understand what your saying , or implying, I’m sorry i don’t live on the boards . I check here and there just to see what opinions are and what’s going on is all . And i changed my email due to an online business i started in February, then i forgot my password and was to lazy to contact admins to get everything squared away . But as admins can attest to i just got back on here because i wanted to talk with you guys again is all . There is a lot of crap flying now and i just wanted to jump back in . Sorry , SR , i try and stare at TB and respond to EVERYTHING

If i think i understand what your saying , or implying, I’m sorry i don’t live on the boards . I check here and there just to see what opinions are and what’s going on is all . And i changed my email due to an online business i started in February, then i forgot my password and was to lazy to contact admins to get everything squared away . But as admins can attest to i just got back on here because i wanted to talk with you guys again is all . There is a lot of crap flying now and i just wanted to jump back in . Sorry , SR , i try and stare at TB and respond to EVERYTHING
My apologies to you. I mistook the individual referenced in the quote. My error. Absolutely.

The poster I was speaking about was here, briefly, during "the debate" (2014). I find it curious that he's back now. Just interesting.

My apologies to you. I mistook the individual referenced in the quote. My error. Absolutely.

The poster I was speaking about was here, briefly, during "the debate" (2014). I find it curious that he's back now. Just interesting.
So by your thinking, if someone shows up when certain “topics” are discussed they’re considered “drive by’s” and their timing is found to be “interesting”??

Hmmmm.....I’ll keep that in mind

Since you are so curious about me I’ll give you some info.

I’ve been here. I’ve been lurking. I’ve been watching. I never left. I may not have logged in and many don’t. But people watch...

I guess what got me started was the anti immigration, distasteful rhetoric, and fake news coming from some of the users on this site. I was appalled how no one here was even saying anything to discredit. Very unfortunate. Some of you seem somewhat intelligent too.

Yes, I could have logged off and turned away but I felt like chiming in.

Have a good day.

:-)

I was appalled how no one here was even saying anything to discredit. Very unfortunate. Some of you seem somewhat intelligent too.
If you stick around long enough, what you’ll find is those who consider themselves “higher than thou”, or those who have been “anointed” with that persona, are some of the same ones who’s words carry weight, yet it’s only used to push their agenda. They’ll imply or insinuate certain things without actually saying them then stand back and say “wasn’t me” when the masses blow their top!! You would think that those people would use their voices to promote positivity but instead it’s used for the same ole negative rhetoric that’s been on this site since it started...and NEVER look for those to call out anyone with whom they agree for being wrong, they’d rather turn a blind eye to the deceit than to set the record straight. My guess is they’re afraid they’ll be toppled from the crown!! :idunno:

If you stick around long enough, what you’ll find is those who consider themselves “higher than thou”, or those who have been “anointed” with that persona, are some of the same ones who’s words carry weight, yet it’s only used to push their agenda. They’ll imply or insinuate certain things without actually saying them then stand back and say “wasn’t me” when the masses blow their top!! You would think that those people would use their voices to promote positivity but instead it’s used for the same ole negative rhetoric that’s been on this site since it started...and NEVER look for those to call out anyone with whom they agree for being wrong, they’d rather turn a blind eye to the deceit than to set the record straight. My guess is they’re afraid they’ll be toppled from the crown!! :idunno:

So I will ask the same question all you clowns ask.... Why are you on this forum if it is so negative?