ODFL | 2016 wage & benefit meeting

I know OD will never pay ot unless required by law but one change I would appreciate is time and a half after 11 hours. Trucking is not a 9 to 5 and I'm ok with that but when you stay out almost 14 hours to help the company succeed and you give up your family or personal time because your dispatcher begged you for help you deserve a little extra.

And the cost has only gone up marginally in the 3 years I've been here. That free teamsters insurance costs a lot more than they think... Just ask the poor YRC guys, it's costing them 15% of their check and 75% of their retirement every week...
Actually company pays 369 a week per employee for healthcare. Actual 15% concession average around $150-250 a week. If your work your numbers as I have 25% pension contribution plus what I invest in 401k Is a company match. I wasn't at HOLLAND when pay was 100% so I can't complain what I haven't received before. 85k last year and all the BSing I do is not bad considering I'm not at top rate rate yet (5% to go).

Actually company pays 369 a week per employee for healthcare. Actual 15% concession average around $150-250 a week. If your work your numbers as I have 25% pension contribution plus what I invest in 401k Is a company match. I wasn't at HOLLAND when pay was 100% so I can't complain what I haven't received before. 85k last year and all the BSing I do is not bad considering I'm not at top rate rate yet (5% to go).
Ask a abf driver we don't pay nothing. If we all stuck together we can get stronger no one would have to pay an yes we pay dues of 59 a month. That's 15 a week for insurance an pension an much much more so what is wrong with that

Ask a abf driver we don't pay nothing. If we all stuck together we can get stronger no one would have to pay an yes we pay dues of 59 a month. That's 15 a week for insurance an pension an much much more so what is wrong with that
OD isn't going union. Go back to the FedEx forum and keep trying to get them. You've got a whopping 4 centers to vote yes. And it sounds like there not a shoe in either.the teamsters are no better then an employer anymore. You vote no, they say yes and do the deal anyway. What goods a voice if no-one listens. Not trying to be rude but if we want the union, we'll call you.

So let's get back to the topic at hand and keep the union debate for another thread. I'll be checking on this Old Dominion thread for info on the wage meetings until we have the meeting at my barn and I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of union debate garbage.

So let's get back to the topic at hand and keep the union debate for another thread. I'll be checking on this Old Dominion thread for info on the wage meetings until we have the meeting at my barn and I don't want to have to wade through a bunch of union debate garbage.
Well make sure to make a reservation so your needs can be accommodated.

OD isn't going union. Go back to the FedEx forum and keep trying to get them. You've got a whopping 4 centers to vote yes. And it sounds like there not a shoe in either.the teamsters are no better then an employer anymore. You vote no, they say yes and do the deal anyway. What goods a voice if no-one listens. Not trying to be rude but if we want the union, we'll call you.
82 asked a legit insurance question and song thru jab at all union carriers but was meant for yrcw. What you think we wouldn't throw one back?:fingure:

:17113:

82 asked a legit insurance question and song thru jab at all union carriers but was meant for yrcw. What you think we wouldn't throw one back?:fingure:
You must be a union hater so you must be one of the guys that brings his boss coffee so he can get a new truck and easy run ,it's called a suck Ass so

:17113:

You must be a union hater so you must be one of the guys that brings his boss coffee so he can get a new truck and easy run ,it's called a suck Ass so

No, not all of us who like our jobs and don't feel the need for a union are suckasses. Why is it that you automatically go to that? It's like a conditioned response. You can only believe what the union has told you to believe? Is that it?

I've asked ABF drivers. No vacation for 2 years then just 1 week... You are only now back to your wages from 4 years ago. Do you realize how bad that sounds to an outsider?? All of this for what, representation by a "union" that's in bed with management and will give them whatever they want? If you want to work in an environment like that, good for you. I won't stop you but I don't need it. Thanks. My wages have gone up 20% in the last 3 years and my insurance has only gone up a few bucks a week in the same amount of time. And if my boss needs an attitude adjustment, I'll walk into his office and give him one. I've done it before, I'll do it again. Guess what, I still have a job. He's not retaliated. So where is a union going to help me?

Reactions: Ump