ODFL | 2016 wage & benefit meeting

No name calling.Post within the forum rules or get out.
First of all yes you are right. I never voted for that mess they scared the men into that now it's all back to where it started. Abf has plenty of money all the companys feed on fear as dose yours, it will come to you some day but don't forget that you're wages are based on the union scale an what we fight for so don't think. your Co won't take it all away if there was no more union trucking around .all I'm saying is the more Co unionized the better it is for all:cheerful:

First of all yes you are right. I never voted for that mess they scared the men into that now it's all back to where it started. Abf has plenty of money all the companys feed on fear as dose yours, it will come to you some day but don't forget that you're wages are based on the union scale an what we fight for so don't think. your Co won't take it all away if there was no more union trucking around .all I'm saying is the more Co unionized the better it is for all:cheerful:
What union scale are you talking about? UPS our Yrc or abf? There is no scale. 20 years ago your argument held water. But today all company's need to pay to money for ltl divers. I've read the union boards and we don't have near the problems they do. You all think money is the end all be all. Some of us like the freedom of managing our own money. I don't hate unions. My dad was a 40 year railroad man. But the teamsters are more corrupt then anyone their supposed to be protecting you against. Get your own house in order before you start knocking where I live. Good day and be safe driver.

82 asked a legit insurance question and song thru jab at all union carriers but was meant for yrcw. What you think we wouldn't throw one back?:fingure:
He answered the question on an OD board not yours. If you get your feelings hurt that easily I understand why you need someone to represent you. I'll talk to Song and let him know how hurt you are and what a bully he is. Good grief!!

With that rationalization, my wages should have gone down somewhere between 7 and 15%, but it didn't. They aren't going to slash our wages, with or without union trucking around. There's a driver shortage as it is, and if the union carriers go out, I bet most drivers affected will just retire. Most are at retirement age anyway. There will be a land rush to get whatever piece of the pension that's left. Who will be there to pick up the excess freight flooding the market with fewer ltl companies around to haul it if they lose all their drivers because they slashed the wages?

If deregulation never occurred I would agree with your last statement. All of the inefficiencies in ltl trucking with the union, a federally regulated trucking industry could survive because rates were controlled, discounting did not occur, and everyone made the same wage. But Carter deregulated the industry, and we have what we have now. So the most efficient and toughest competitor thrives.

Is what we have over here perfect? Nope. But it's pretty good. OD knows on which side it's bread is buttered. To provide the caliber of service it provides, they have to pony up the pay and benefits they do and treat us with the modicum of respect they do as well. When we need a union, we will ask for it. Til then, you'll have to forgive me that I don't see things how you do.

No feelings hurt here. Song always brings a good debate I welcome that.

Thanks troubleman, I appreciate it. I like good debate, and I know I probably won't change anybody's mind. I just don't understand why the stereotypes that all us non-union drivers all are scared of the big bad boss man and we all get in line to get under the boss' desk still are not only accepted, but believed.

Reactions: Ump
And all of us non-Union drivers ARE capable of finding the door if conditions deteriorate at our employers. Pretty sure we could all find new digs if we wanted. I can think of a few places 'round here that can't get help. ABF, Holland, YRC. Hmmm, wonder if there's a common denominator.:2437:

And all of us non-Union drivers ARE capable of finding the door if conditions deteriorate at our employers. Pretty sure we could all find new digs if we wanted. I can think of a few places 'round here that can't get help. ABF, Holland, YRC. Hmmm, wonder if there's a common denominator.:2437:
Sounds like you all have the right answers ,who I'm I to tell you what to do. All companies go through good and bad time's right now you may feEl things are good ,ask Conway, they were on top at one time, your time will come and you may say maybe he was right so go luck .3 years 10 days to go

:tr10driving03:

Sounds like you all have the right answers ,who I'm I to tell you what to do. All companies go through good and bad time's right now you may feEl things are good ,ask Conway, they were on top at one time, your time will come and you may say maybe he was right so go luck .3 years 10 days to go

Don't blame the nonunion companies for what teamsters is doing to you all. and for your information our wages and benefits have no affects on what's going on in the union world.. Everytime I look at yrc, and company it make me sick. Drivers looking unprofessional etc.. everybody @ od has the same goal when we hit the clock in the morning.

So if your nobody to be telling us what to do, why are you here telling us what to do?
You knew what type of response you'd get! There is always an agenda with you guys. And when you get your nose rubbed in it your first response is the old under the desk comment. It took you guys 17 post to take this from a conversation to mud slinging. My raise and benefits have no effect on you what's so ever. I don't need to compare what you get with what I get. I'm happy here, and if the time comes that I'm not, I'll move on.
I'm all for conversation and debate but it should be relevant to the topic. So unless you have some insiders information about my raise or can add to this specific topic without hijacking it, please refrain from commenting on this subject.