ODFL | 2016 wage & benefit meeting

Thanks troubleman, I appreciate it. I like good debate, and I know I probably won't change anybody's mind. I just don't understand why the stereotypes that all us non-union drivers all are scared of the big bad boss man and we all get in line to get under the boss' desk still are not only accepted, but believed.
Because it actually happens in non Union shops. Not saying everybody does it but more than you think. Then some guys like myself get screwed over and get crappy run/routes cause your fellow coworker sells you out to just better himself. I have a friend of mine that used to work at SEFL. He loved it over there as long as old terminal manager was there and making sure he had all the hours he wanted and talked down on me and other friends of ours who worked Union shops. Soon as old TM was forced retirement and new young guy came in made everything equal and those 60plus hr check where gone he skipped ship to ABF and loves it even though he still eliminates more runs for road drivers by packing trailers SEFL way. Honestly UMP is right we need to fix our own house 1st by not disclosing Union busines/issues to you guys and stick together and change from the top to bottom. Complaining about company fine but if our shop was 85% non corrupt we probably still would have done consessions but would hold companies tooth and nail to contract/work rules. That will take years for the fact of people like my friend is over here now and screwing over coworkers to just better himself.

Well if od cared about the drivers y don't they pay u OT or your insurance. They smile at u and when they walk away they laugh at u :1036316054:

*sigh* Here we go again... They don't pay overtime because they are not required by law to do so. Unfortunately our illustrious government gave truck drivers the shaft years ago when designating industries requiring overtime pay. So, if you owned a trucking company, you would voluntarily pay overtime when not required to? Doubt it. Do I think OD should pay overtime? Absolutely. But they aren't breaking any laws. We all know that they don't pay overtime here when we sign on, so it's no surprise. A city driver still can easily make around 75k here. Not bad for a truck driver going home to his family and bed every night.

As far as insurance, they pay all of it if you are employee only on the plan. They pay MOST of it to families. There's a place on the employee access website that lists benefits costs/premiums, and believe me, OD is paying a lion's share of it. How many industries still pay all bennies and full retirement? Hardly any. It's a sign of the times. We just have to make the best of them we can.

Because it actually happens in non Union shops. Not saying everybody does it but more than you think. Then some guys like myself get screwed over and get crappy run/routes cause your fellow coworker sells you out to just better himself. I have a friend of mine that used to work at SEFL. He loved it over there as long as old terminal manager was there and making sure he had all the hours he wanted and talked down on me and other friends of ours who worked Union shops. Soon as old TM was forced retirement and new young guy came in made everything equal and those 60plus hr check where gone he skipped ship to ABF and loves it even though he still eliminates more runs for road drivers by packing trailers SEFL way. Honestly UMP is right we need to fix our own house 1st by not disclosing Union busines/issues to you guys and stick together and change from the top to bottom. Complaining about company fine but if our shop was 85% non corrupt we probably still would have done consessions but would hold companies tooth and nail to contract/work rules. That will take years for the fact of people like my friend is over here now and screwing over coworkers to just better himself.

I'm sure it happens. Con-way was definitely an old boys network when I was there. But I didn't want to spend my career there anyway, so I left. I bet there's some back scratching going on at OD, but as far as my experience, it's been fair. I will say this, they will bend over backward to help if you have a family issue. My mom had to have a tumor removed from her brain a couple of years back. They let me temporarily transfer to the terminal closest to her to take care of things around the house while she was recovering. A union shop wouldn't let me do that. I would be infringing on their seniority board.

You can really say that about anyplace of employment, union or non. I was a loader for UPS back in my collage days. Great job for going to school. The same ass kissing went on in their it just happens in the union instead of the company. Guys that should have been fired where protected and those of us not in favor where hung out to dry to prove a point.
I've never once seen a post from a non union guy on your boards asking you to strike or de-certify. So why the interest in us. Because it benefits you. You don't give a rat's ass about us you just need to make sure your pension is funded.

You can really say that about anyplace of employment, union or non. I was a loader for UPS back in my collage days. Great job for going to school. The same ass kissing went on in their it just happens in the union instead of the company. Guys that should have been fired where protected and those of us not in favor where hung out to dry to prove a point.
I've never once seen a post from a non union guy on your boards asking you to strike or de-certify. So why the interest in us. Because it benefits you. You don't give a rat's ass about us you just need to make sure your pension is funded.
Dude chill out read my last post again. I said it goes on over here as well. Not once have I ever said anything to get you guys to crossover. I just thru my jab in a song when he came at the compensation package. OD as a whole is a good company hope it stays that way. When a reply of pension is all you got that further tells me of the knowledge you actually obtain.

Dude chill out read my last post again. I said it goes on over here as well. Not once have I ever said anything to get you guys to crossover. I just thru my jab in a song when he came at the compensation package. OD as a whole is a good company hope it stays that way. When a reply of pension is all you got that further tells me of the knowledge you actually obtain.
When you reply with an emoji flipping the bird that tells me more about you.

Be good 84!! We may go about it different ways but I believe our end goal is the same.
Agreed the standards we have now in trucking was fought for by the teamsters. OD pays what Union freight drivers where making in early 2000s. We set the pay scale. Now times have changed due too multiple aquisitions of freight companies and recession. If you UPS freight and other non Union carriers keep getting raises it helps us at the bargaining table and I hope you guys keep getting them. Trucking as a whole is on a downward spiral in my opinion and when it hits rock bottom more drivers will take a stand for change. History repeats itself, so Union and non Union guys need to stick together for a better way of life for the families we have at home!!!

Agreed the standards we have now in trucking was fought for by the teamsters. OD pays what Union freight drivers where making in early 2000s. We set the pay scale. Now times have changed due too multiple aquisitions of freight companies and recession. If you UPS freight and other non Union carriers keep getting raises it helps us at the bargaining table and I hope you guys keep getting them. Trucking as a whole is on a downward spiral in my opinion and when it hits rock bottom more drivers will take a stand for change. History repeats itself, so Union and non Union guys need to stick together for a better way of life for the families we have at home!!!
Amen!!!

Again any idea what kind of raise we're getting? All you Union guys who aren't making as much money running line as I do working city gtfo out of our forum. No one cares what your almost doors closed junk truck company is doing.

:19::19::19:

Again any idea what kind of raise we're getting? All you Union guys who aren't making as much money running line as I do working city gtfo out of our forum. No one cares what your almost doors closed junk truck company is doing.
I make 24.25 great insurance and pension and don't kiss my bosses Ass and don't pay for insurance smart ass

I make 24.25 great insurance and pension and don't kiss my bosses Ass and don't pay for insurance smart ass

Like I said, gtfo. I make over 3 dollars more per hour and most likely will tell you 4 more in sept. Get out of here and go give some money back to your employer, 24 sounds too much for a teamster these days hahahahaha

I think we're at 26.15, insurance isn't free but I think mine's around $85/week for full family. As far as pension, you must not be in CSPF... Wish I could say the same for a majority of your brothers... But as long as your pension's in good shape, who cares about anyone else right? Now that's brotherhood...