ABF | 2019 Equipment Purchase

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
364 screws, 86 single axle (for triples) 250 rail vans. What’s the game plan? No city 53’, not many single axle trucks? Anyone have any input on this purchase?

Will ABF ever go back to using Volvos?

Why would they? Parts are too hard to get, you have to get them direct from Volvo, and getting road service is next to impossible. I’m guessing one of the reasons they got KWs this last year is they’re easier to get fixed on the road.

you are correct if i remember right you cant get the MP7 in the new pinnacles but the next size MP8 and no set back axle so if ABF wants the MP7 engine they have to buy the anthems

DCM doc i think i am right the MP7 is only offered in the anthem also set back axle

ABF Macks have had the MP7 engine since 2008. The 2004 Macks had the Mack engine. If you remember the 2004 models would pull down like the brakes were dragging when the big fan engaged. The fan took 60 horsepower away from the engine that was already underpowered. It took that big fan to cool down the engine because of the large amount of EGR needed to meet exhaust standards. Mack admitted that the add ons required for that engine to meet emission standards were a band aid till the newer engines were being developed. That engine would not meet emission standards today.