ODFL | 2019 Freightliner

we have 5 or 6 on rotation with detroit diesel all the time and we probably wont get the new ones until june which is normal for us

Why? The older trucks have all the bugs worked out. My 18 was in the shop for 4 months off and on because Eaton and Freightliner couldn't t decide who needed to pay for a new transmission with 5000 miles on it.

You better be glad you don't work for me, you would see a picture of that transmission on your pay check.
You would have Billy, peddling goat cheese on the weekends to pay for it.

I heard Ump has a goat horn shifter knob....
Nope.. Just saddle bags!!
jAmMGRr.jpg

You better be glad you don't work for me, you would see a picture of that transmission on your pay check.
You would have Billy, peddling goat cheese on the weekends to pay for it.
Still under warranty, no cost to the man!!

Anyone with a 19 out of the latest batches finding issues in the steering or suspension? Drove one and hearing the same complaint from others. Steering just feel off, you have to keep it perfectly straight. When wheel starts to move at all truck drifts very easy with a feeling like you always have a top heavy load, like a weeble wobble type feeling. Doesnt handle bad pavement well like a construction zone. Hit a seem and feels like entire front end jumps because of that feeling of high center of gravity. Frankly I didn't feel safe. Maybe as the new tires wear that'll help some of it. But feels like something is off somewhere.

Anyone with a 19 out of the latest batches finding issues in the steering or suspension? Drove one and hearing the same complaint from others. Steering just feel off, you have to keep it perfectly straight. When wheel starts to move at all truck drifts very easy with a feeling like you always have a top heavy load, like a weeble wobble type feeling. Doesnt handle bad pavement well like a construction zone. Hit a seem and feels like entire front end jumps because of that feeling of high center of gravity. Frankly I didn't feel safe. Maybe as the new tires wear that'll help some of it. But feels like something is off somewhere.
I agree totally. I hit this construction zone and after I come out of it, there’s grooves on the highway and the steering just jerks all over. But it does feel squirrelly. Like it wanders. Just waiting to see with more miles.

In the past Maybe 6 Or 7 years ago,i would have a somewhat heavy nose load and try and get a running start into an onramp.BLU flashes "stability event detected recording in progress".Not for a long time though.

Now on these 19 tractors a tight cloverleaf type on ramp or tight right turn and it does it.Not even with very much weight either.

Also the blind spot from the mirror and door post is bigger.Although I think I've gotten used to it.

My assigned tractor had a ghost braking event a couple weeks ago. On flat smooth ground, no one infront of me for atleast a mile, no over passes around just a SAIA on my left side with back box even with my cab and road construction on right. Tractor brakes came on hard and enging brake came on, no warning, no red collision warning or yellow warning around speedo, brakes just came on. Shop said nothing could be done at this time if no warning lights came on. Drivers beware.

My assigned tractor had a ghost braking event a couple weeks ago. On flat smooth ground, no one infront of me for atleast a mile, no over passes around just a SAIA on my left side with back box even with my cab and road construction on right. Tractor brakes came on hard and enging brake came on, no warning, no red collision warning or yellow warning around speedo, brakes just came on. Shop said nothing could be done at this time if no warning lights came on. Drivers beware.
You are right. I have a lot of construction zones, it picks up on the barrels. Also picks up on trucks as I pass them.

Shop/ Freightliner should be able to at least try to recalibrate the radar unit. I also noticed the blind spot on each side of the window was worse. I wouldn't expect much, but if mine starts applying the brakes for no reason, i'd be calling safety every time. Freightliner's are just junk anymore, every year there's a few issues. odds are like to lotto weather you get with just one of the issues or all the issues.

Shop/ Freightliner should be able to at least try to recalibrate the radar unit. I also noticed the blind spot on each side of the window was worse. I wouldn't expect much, but if mine starts applying the brakes for no reason, i'd be calling safety every time. Freightliner's are just junk anymore, every year there's a few issues. odds are like to lotto weather you get with just one of the issues or all the issues.
Don’t know if this is a problem elsewhere, but we’ve had I believe 3 units with busted drive lines. Unbelievable.

Seems like fairings are a bigger issue for sea drivers at the moment

Look at the guys driving your trucks, it looks like a daycare at your place with the no experience kids jumping in the new equipment.
You got that right. All of the older tractors sit and they jump in the new ones. My tractor and another one was left with grease on the floor and seat. Tires curbed. The other tractor wasn’t fueled, garbage left in it and our pet peeve, the spit mounted electric toys on the front window, the spit marks left behind. Ask the City supervisor who used it.
“I don’t know.” I have my way of finding out. When I do, it’s better for that driver to take the hand slap rather than get the greasy handshake. Oops, I am sorry. I know, I know, but some of us line people clean and maintain our trucks. It sucks that someone uses it for a couple of hours and trash’s it. No respect, no accountability.