ODFL | 2019 Freightliner

2BucTruck

TB Lurker
Credits
We got our batch of 19 Freightshakers in a few weeks ago. The trend for the past few years has been less and less pulling power, especially since they stopped ordering the Cascadias with the Cummins, but these new trucks are really comfortable and handle very well. The suspension and turning radius seems to have improved, just based on my time driving them. The cab seems a little tighter on the inside. The driver assistance or on-guard has gone off a few times already but I haven't had a braking incident yet like the 18 trucks. Besides the continual lack of pulling power since the 2015 trucks, these 19s are definitely nice to drive.

I like them fine but not a big fan of the changes to the interior.Cup holders lower.Means I can't plug in my phone and see it.Company probably doesn't want to hear that anyway but I need GPS sometimes on P&D.The other changes just need to get used to it.

We got our batch of 19 Freightshakers in a few weeks ago. The trend for the past few years has been less and less pulling power, especially since they stopped ordering the Cascadias with the Cummins, but these new trucks are really comfortable and handle very well. The suspension and turning radius seems to have improved, just based on my time driving them. The cab seems a little tighter on the inside. The driver assistance or on-guard has gone off a few times already but I haven't had a braking incident yet like the 18 trucks. Besides the continual lack of pulling power since the 2015 trucks, these 19s are definitely nice to drive.
All the new fleet trucks whether they have Cummins, Detroit or Volvo engines are turned down with less power to meet the federal regulations for fuel economy! If you talk to drivers from Dayton freight, Fedex freight, saia etc.. it’s the same story no pulling power trucks losing speed on hills. Welcome to trucking 2018 and beyond!

We just got a some of them new ones in Sea. Going to drive it next week before the lazy former priority drivers trash them and squish all the foam out of the seats because they can’t take the weight.
We have them arriving in PDX. I haven’t even got this one broken in and I hear that they’re going to some of the smaller terminals. The year old tractors are leaving. It’s good to hear y’all got new ones, not hand me downs.

We have them arriving in PDX. I haven’t even got this one broken in and I hear that they’re going to some of the smaller terminals. The year old tractors are leaving. It’s good to hear y’all got new ones, not hand me downs.

You’re not going to keep them and give the other terminals your code throwing year old garbage like yalls did last summer?

You’re not going to keep them and give the other terminals your code throwing year old garbage like yalls did last summer?
That’s what I heard. Something like 9 of the 225 series going to PAS and SPK. But it’s wait and see. Seriously I’d like to keep what I have.

Would make more sense to keep the older stuff at the yards with the big shops. Pas and spk trucks look like the worn out trucks Pdx and sea didn’t even want for the city.

We just got a some of them new ones in Sea. Going to drive it next week before the lazy former priority drivers trash them and squish all the foam out of the seats because they can’t take the weight.
I heard OD had a tractor specially equipped with a longer wheel base,and deck plate behind the cab so you can take your mower with you to different terminals?

Would make more sense to keep the older stuff at the yards with the big shops. Pas and spk trucks look like the worn out trucks Pdx and sea didn’t even want for the city.
Why? The older trucks have all the bugs worked out. My 18 was in the shop for 4 months off and on because Eaton and Freightliner couldn't t decide who needed to pay for a new transmission with 5000 miles on it.

Why? The older trucks have all the bugs worked out. My 18 was in the shop for 4 months off and on because Eaton and Freightliner couldn't t decide who needed to pay for a new transmission with 5000 miles on it.

That is a load. We have 13 trucks down right now.

I hate to be THAT guy.But been driving these 19 tractors.Even compared to last year's which seemed to have some good low end.This year's don't seem to have the pull.With even a moderately loaded set.Just seem slow to me.

I hate to be THAT guy.But been driving these 19 tractors.Even compared to last year's which seemed to have some good low end.This year's don't seem to have the pull.With even a moderately loaded set.Just seem slow to me.

They work fine for me. Best truck I ever driven. Lots of pep to get the job done quick.