FedEx Freight | 2019 Health Insurance

Purple Haze

TB Lurker
Credits
We were told this Morning that our family plan is going up around $100 per month. Also if your spouse can get insurance through her or his employer that's what they have to do. Unless you decide to pay an additional$150 a month on top of the increase. Has anyone else heard this news?

We were told this Morning that our family plan is going up around $100 per month. Also if your spouse can get insurance through her or his employer that's what they have to do. Unless you decide to pay an additional$150 a month on top of the increase. Has anyone else heard this news?
if it is true, sad but not suprising

This from the guy who was told NO bonuses for us... (Just messing with ya :poke:)

Actually, I think you're pretty close on this one. Family plan it taking a HARD HIT this time.

..... Also if your spouse can get insurance through her or his employer that's what they have to do. Unless you decide to pay an additional$150 a month on top of the increase. Has anyone else heard this news?

If this is true, the real surprise is that it’s taken them this long to implement what most companies implemented several years ago!!
Thx Obamacare!! :17113:

What
This from the guy who was told NO bonuses for us... (Just messing with ya :poke:)

Actually, I think you're pretty close on this one. Family plan it taking a HARD HIT this time.[/QUO Fed ex is one of the largest employers in this country and these are the best rates we can get? Come on now this is just wrong.

With the Obamacare taxes ending this year on self-funded insurance plans I don’t see or understand the need to jack our insurance up. The $64 million in taxes accessed to our corporate insurance plans has been more than made up for by increased costs and lesser coverages in the same time period. Ironically the company has spent in excess of 14 Billion in stock buybacks in the same time period so the $64 million was a pittance in comparison. That’s not even considering the yearly tax break windfall they now enjoy. I sincerely hope that the increases mentioned and loss of coverages does NOT occur. It would be sad and hard to digest considering the financial performance of our segment and the financial considerations already mentioned.

I dont understand how my co-workers can be so blind to the FedEx B.S. they keep raising everything on the employees but expect us to take it everyone keeps talking about Obamacare so everyone that's screaming Obamacare how is it possible for FedEx our company to provide great insurance to the pilots but not us I'm not talking about there pay or retirement just medical my medical needs is the same as theres oh I guess FedEx agreed to pay a fine for pilots to have good insurance but not everyone in the company I think not this company not going to do better until the employees demand better

So how are they going to know if your spouse is able to get insurance through their job? Are they going to demand a letter from said company? And if they do couldn’t I just say they’re unemployed.

I dont understand how my co-workers can be so blind to the FedEx B.S. they keep raising everything on the employees but expect us to take it everyone keeps talking about Obamacare so everyone that's screaming Obamacare how is it possible for FedEx our company to provide great insurance to the pilots but not us I'm not talking about there pay or retirement just medical my medical needs is the same as theres oh I guess FedEx agreed to pay a fine for pilots to have good insurance but not everyone in the company I think not this company not going to do better until the employees demand better
Track down your 5th grade english teacher, and throw her in a cage with a starving Wolverine.

With the Obamacare taxes ending this year on self-funded insurance plans I don’t see or understand the need to jack our insurance up. The $64 million in taxes accessed to our corporate insurance plans has been more than made up for by increased costs and lesser coverages in the same time period. Ironically the company has spent in excess of 14 Billion in stock buybacks in the same time period so the $64 million was a pittance in comparison. That’s not even considering the yearly tax break windfall they now enjoy. I sincerely hope that the increases mentioned and loss of coverages does NOT occur. It would be sad and hard to digest considering the financial performance of our segment and the financial considerations already mentioned.
Man, lot of good info that most forget.

If this is true, the real surprise is that it’s taken them this long to implement what most companies implemented several years ago!!
Thx Obamacare!! :17113:
Actually most companies improved benefits this year to keep and gain employees. But I do wish we all could get that awesome union benefits you get through your wife's employer.

Actually most companies improved benefits this year to keep and gain employees. But I do wish we all could get that awesome union benefits you get through your wife's employer.
Please provide the class with examples of these “improved benefits”...shouldn’t be hard since “most companies” are doing it...

You need new sources....I’m on our insurance, I’m not willing to pay the additional $200 plus the premiums that her company has charged spouses for inferior insurance over the last several years.

H2KrVvC.jpg

Nice try though :regretful:

Last edited:
Please provide the class with examples of these “improved benefits”...shouldn’t be hard since “most companies” are doing it...

You need new sources....I’m on our insurance, I’m not willing to pay the additional $200 plus the premiums that her company has charged spouses for inferior insurance over the last several years.

H2KrVvC.jpg

Nice try though :regretful:
This is old dominion, abf is company paid 100%, saia stayed the same and after 10 years is still company paid, xpo got alot better with the union being voted in at terminals they made the insurance 20 times better than ours to make the employees happy, And if you looked at the one that Charlotte was proposing for the union was alot better and included life insurance, dental, and vision for the entire family and a hugely lower cost. Now go back to management and get your next response.

Well I hope this is not true. Poor raise and insurance going up is going to get everyone riled up again, I would hope the higher up's at freight would be smarter than that.......