FedEx Freight | 2019 Health Insurance

Keeping it short...

It might be best to ASK questions like:

Do we ALWAYS get a raise? 28 years says yes, but at 4:00 am my recollection might not be running on all cylinders. May have been 1 year we didn't.

Have the ever stopped 401k match? Yes

Was the 6 month early raise officially attributed to the Trump Tax Cuts? Yes, and the value was around $1200. +/- depending on wage.

Are freight levels REALLY down significantly, or just fully/over staffed?

I'm TOLD we are down 2% year over year, from record breaking levels. (2% less than best ever points to fully/over staffed.)

I can't be certain whether that is a local #, or system wide, but I can be certain that we will know tomorrow, when quarterly results are released.

STAY TUNED
yes Swamp---we did nor get a raise 1 year. I can't remember exactly when but maybe it was in the 07==09 time frame

OK RED. the company spent 2.1 billion on health care last year, that number would be very easy to prove and back up with facts.----here is my question that maybe you can get an answer to---spent 2.1 billion----how much did the company make on our insurance premiums???? good luck getting someone to answer that question
STILL don't hear a member of mgmt answering!!!!! because you won't.

And for the over hiring could be to cover for some employees leaving over benefit changes and raises. I’ve noticed that most of the comments at my center comes from new hires. It could be worse. My suggestion to all the senior guys demand to get your hours and let the junior guys sit home. I’ve already took extra work to adjust for the $150 fine from 2 drivers that will be exempt. 22 years should count for something.

That is what's happening at my center eventually the new guys will jet imo.

STILL don't hear a member of mgmt answering!!!!! because you won't.
I saw your original question addressed to me but forgot to respond so here goes...just curious, what did you want them to say??

I ask because it read to me, in my opinion, like it was some kind of gotcha question or something but the answer is as simple as business 101!! :scratchhead:

(And y'all wondered why I was so adamantly against you guys having a say in how the company ran its business :idunno:)

I saw your original question addressed to me but forgot to respond so here goes...just curious, what did you want them to say??

I ask because it read to me, in my opinion, like it was some kind of gotcha question or something but the answer is as simple as business 101!! :scratchhead:

(And y'all wondered why I was so adamantly against you guys having a say in how the company ran its business :idunno:)
the company should not profit off our health care premiums. profits should made moving freight.
PSP is not being practiced when your own company profits off your healthcare premiums

BUSINESS 101-------Take Care Of Your People and the Profits will Take Care Of Themselves

not a gotcha question. I was actually agreeing with you and paying you a compliment. sorry , I won't do that again. even if you are the next RDA

I ask because it read to me, in my opinion, like it was some kind of gotcha question or something but the answer is as simple as screwing your employees 101!! :scratchhead:

(And y'all wondered why I was so adamantly against you guys having a say in how the company ran its business I am a company clown and can't speak objectively :idunno:)

Fixed for accuracy ^^^

the company should not profit off our health care premiums. profits should made moving freight.
PSP is not being practiced when your own company profits off your healthcare premiums
BUSINESS 101-------Take Care Of Your People and the Profits will Take Care Of Themselves
not a gotcha question. I was actually agreeing with you and paying you a compliment. sorry , I won't do that again. even if you are the next RDA
The company is in the business of making profits...off of you, me, customers, vendors, and whoever else they can make a profit off of...it’s business 101...and if you think FedEx is the only company to make a profit off of healthcare you’re nuts!!
They just announced a rate increase of 5.9% but only gave us an alleged 3.2% raise...what’s the difference??

Although there is some truth to this, it’s obvious you’ve never owned a business.

How where you paying me a compliment?? I’m not management, nor would I ask them a question everyone should know the answer to. RDA...you’re a funny guy!! :1036316054:

The company is in the business of making profits...off of you, me, customers, vendors, and whoever else they can make a profit off of...it’s business 101...and if you think FedEx is the only company to make a profit off of healthcare you’re nuts!!
They just announced a rate increase of 5.9% but only gave us an alleged 3.2% raise...what’s the difference??

Although there is some truth to this, it’s obvious you’ve never owned a business.

How where you paying me a compliment?? I’m not management, nor would I ask them a question everyone should know the answer to. RDA...you’re a funny guy!! :1036316054:

I remember once upon a time you were pretty adamant that the company didn't make money off our insurance. The flip flopper is back at it. :emoticon digging::hilarious:

That is what's happening at my center eventually the new guys will jet imo.
So basically this is where we are at higher insurance premiums $150 fine for some. Over staffed and no news on a wage increase. Here’s where the company is at. More revenue from insurance premiums higher profits per dollar rate increase for customers in 20/20. And this was not part of the freight 20/20 when the company told us about it a few years back.

So basically this is where we are at higher insurance premiums $150 fine for some. Over staffed and no news on a wage increase. Here’s where the company is at. More revenue from insurance premiums higher profits per dollar rate increase for customers in 20/20. And this was not part of the freight 20/20 when the company told us about it a few years back.
Things changed. They want more. Glad Red understands.

Freight 20/20 was/is mainly about updating our obsolete computer systems company wide. You do realize our shop computers still run on DOS, right??

As a stockholder, sure I understand...as an employee, it’s obvious you don’t
Why can’t you be both I was buying AF stock as a driver then Fedex purchased AF. Continued buying stock as a Fedex driver and then Fedex pulled that option so I invested in other avenues and yes I’m still a driver. No doubt that 20/20 was to achieve many positive improvements and also with the focus of achieving a return of .20 cents on the dollar which sounds great but the outstanding safety minded professionals I work with should also profit.

Im a stockholder as well but it would be great if companies didnt have to suck the last penny out of everyone. It has to be great to have employees like you that think whatever happens is fine.
If you’re a stockholder then you understand the process. How are they sucking every last penny out of us??

Why can’t you be both I was buying AF stock as a driver then Fedex purchased AF. Continued buying stock as a Fedex driver and then Fedex pulled that option so I invested in other avenues and yes I’m still a driver. No doubt that 20/20 was to achieve many positive improvements and also with the focus of achieving a return of .20 cents on the dollar which sounds great but the outstanding safety minded professionals I work with should also profit.
I too all of the above.

The $.20 on the dollar has been a goal for a looooooong time and the technological improvements are designed to help make that goal more attainable but it’s still mainly about the improvements.
How are the “outstanding safety minded professionals” not profiting??