New Penn | 2019 peek preview

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
Here's some recent comments from company CFO Stephanie Fisher...

Getting ready for next year's labor talks
Being a unionized carrier, YRC is not in position of needing to raise wages at this point to attract new drivers. The Teamsters did make concessions during YRC's most difficult days, and Mehrotra said there was has been "bluster" from the Teamsters getting prepared for negotiations on a contract that ends in March 2019.

Fisher would not discuss wage numbers, but said YRC is going to need "flexibility in the work force to actually run the business the way it needs to be run." She discussed a scenario in which a worker would be more of a utility worker, allowed to perform more functions than at present. Mehrotra asked whether it was "realistic" to think the Teamsters would move toward that model. "The good news is we have outstanding (union) leadership," she said. "They have been very helpful in the last 18 months. I think in the next nine months we can spend time talking to them, and letting them know the issues so that this is not a surprise."

if this ,I call her a women really believes this, it shows how little they think of us who work and still make these companys happen on a day to day deal!!!they still think we are happy to have ::shit:: wages and wont leave, older guys close to retirement, and all they have to do is raise starting wages to keep hireing…. is that not a big kick in the nuts to pay people that cant back in a door the same as me or you that has 35 years driving a truck!!!npme has and always has had the flexabilty to do just about anything they want, the line being road drivers and city people///city people can preform any city work they are told to do or senoirty gets them...road drivers get road work, but d/h any where they might go or not , and can change daily... fisher crys for flexabilty, but we have it and always have and we barely make a dime with the yrcw leadership that we have.... our pres and vp, yrc people couldn't move next day freight if there life depended on it, yet they jump up and down telling the world we the best at it … I wonder if these people in management know when to stop lying, or take it home with them??? really just about everything out of there mouths any more is a lie!!!

if this ,I call her a women really believes this, it shows how little they think of us who work and still make these companys happen on a day to day deal!!!they still think we are happy to have :::shit::: wages and wont leave, older guys close to retirement, and all they have to do is raise starting wages to keep hireing…. is that not a big kick in the nuts to pay people that cant back in a door the same as me or you that has 35 years driving a truck!!!npme has and always has had the flexabilty to do just about anything they want, the line being road drivers and city people///city people can preform any city work they are told to do or senoirty gets them...road drivers get road work, but d/h any where they might go or not , and can change daily... fisher crys for flexabilty, but we have it and always have and we barely make a dime with the yrcw leadership that we have.... our pres and vp, yrc people couldn't move next day freight if there life depended on it, yet they jump up and down telling the world we the best at it … I wonder if these people in management know when to stop lying, or take it home with them??? really just about everything out of there mouths any more is a lie!!!
If Stephanie Fisher wants flexibility and employees to do more than she should lead by example take a pay cut and jump on a forklift and work the dock during a cold Week in January.

They want to turn us into Conway, they hire all of their old supervisors and managers and now they want to change the rules so they can run it just like Conway did ten or fifteen years ago. IF ONLY WE HAD A REAL UNION. Get your NO votes ready, it is the only thing they will ever understand!