FedEx Freight | 2019 Raise News

Clandestine_ice

TB Veteran
Credits
Well, not sure what to think, but a little birdie from Roanoke told me there was a long meeting where it was mentioned that there will NOT be a raise this year, but rather an investment in technological advancements. Also ver verbatim, it was said "We might not be top pay in the area, but if you don't like it, then go to XPO. Confirmation of this throughout the system would be appreciate.

I heard no raise for salaried. Was talking to a supervisor tonight and that was mentioned. Nothing about no raise for hourly. Just heard that we are hurting because competition hasn't raised their rates yet and they are supposed to soon. Xpo undercutting us is what I'm hearin . Also 500 runs a day they are trying to cut. This has affected many around me including myself twice.

Well, not sure what to think, but a little birdie from Roanoke told me there was a long meeting where it was mentioned that there will NOT be a raise this year, but rather an investment in technological advancements. Also ver verbatim, it was said "We might not be top pay in the area, but if you don't like it, then go to XPO. Confirmation of this throughout the system would be appreciate.

I'm skeptical on the theory of no raise this year. That would be a big mistake. BUT, I would NOT be surprised if there was a tactic of "lowered expectations". Then a mediocre raise might be seen as better than nothing.

Would love to know who in leadership says anything like "but if you don't like it, then go to XPO". The tone of that statement alone will have "costs", not the least of which would be sabotage of the improvements made in recent years.

If true, it wouldn't be the first time leadership "stepped in it". With all of the significant changes throughout the ranks, such a scenario is plausible. Each new person/group looking to make a name for themselves. We've seen this before. Let's hope we don't see it again. Does someone need reminded of the "cost to fix" such a situation?

:popcorn:

I see the opposite. Last few months, way more of you all, way less XPO. 69&80.

lol, well I guess that's entirely dependent on the region....But yes, the turd in Roanoke really did say go to XPO if not happy with the pay at FXF.

And now that this company is top heavy with too many drivers, maybe they could bring back the scorecard again :15:

Unemployment is at 4%,and quality drivers are becoming more scarce daily.

If they did elect for a sub standard raise, or worse yet, no raise at all, you'd see a massive dump in morality and eventually productivity.

It's 2019,and the shipping business is poised to make MASSIVE profits.
Imo, any raise LESS THAN $1.50HR wouldn't even be justifiable

No raise at all?
Good luck with that.

If they did elect for a sub standard raise, or worse yet, no raise at all, you'd see a massive dump in morality and eventually productivity.

No raise at all?
Good luck with that.
They are just looking at the profit side of it and how much bigger the profits would be with no raises. Possibly, shedding some drivers at top pay for some cheaper ones at a starting rate.

No raise at all?
Good luck with that.
Yeah, based on that $1.50 number, valued at about 15 - $20 bucks/day, disgruntled employees can cost you way more than that, every single day. And that is only scratching the surface of true cost.