FedEx Freight | 2019 Raise News

I highly doubt we will not get some sort of raise, remember it will have been 18 months since our last raise when it comes time this October.
I’d think they’d have a small mutiny on hand if they gave no raises at all to hourly employees. Fedex Corp. is usually good about taking it (raises) from management first and then laying off part timers before they say no raise for full time hourly.

I concur, freight is down. We must not be importing as much Chinese crapoloa :crap: lately. Whatever will this country do without Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Everything a 1.00 ...ect ect ect..
Yep. I’m not going to those 300K sq. ft. warehouses full of Pokémon character slippers and pajama sets going to Walmart, Dollar General and Rural King DCs as much.....

I'm skeptical on the theory of no raise this year. That would be a big mistake. BUT, I would NOT be surprised if there was a tactic of "lowered expectations". Then a mediocre raise might be seen as better than nothing.

Would love to know who in leadership says anything like "but if you don't like it, then go to XPO". The tone of that statement alone will have "costs", not the least of which would be sabotage of the improvements made in recent years.

If true, it wouldn't be the first time leadership "stepped in it". With all of the significant changes throughout the ranks, such a scenario is plausible. Each new person/group looking to make a name for themselves. We've seen this before. Let's hope we don't see it again. Does someone need reminded of the "cost to fix" such a situation?

:popcorn:
Yeah...seems I remember hearing about a former RDA telling a disgruntled driver from another center that there were “no bars on the doors” and that “no one was holding them captive”...and if I remember correctly the disgruntled driver cried to HR about being offended and the former RDA was reprimanded...

IMO we’ve become to soft as a company...and a country for that matter!! When Mr Smith says...“You can’t afford to carry dead weight or have somebody who can’t play. So FedEx is much more like a team, and that’s the reason we call people team members and teammates. If you don’t do your job at FedEx, we will fire you. We’ll try to do it in a dignified way, but if you can’t play at the varsity level, you can’t play at FedEx. We don’t make any apologies about that.”...he’s obviously referring to upper management because there’s no way some of the snowflake drivers we have here would stand for that!!

Yeah...seems I remember hearing about a former RDA telling a disgruntled driver from another center that there were “no bars on the doors” and that “no one was holding them captive”...and if I remember correctly the disgruntled driver cried to HR about being offended and the former RDA was reprimanded...

IMO we’ve become to soft as a company...and a country for that matter!! When Mr Smith says...“You can’t afford to carry dead weight or have somebody who can’t play. So FedEx is much more like a team, and that’s the reason we call people team members and teammates. If you don’t do your job at FedEx, we will fire you. We’ll try to do it in a dignified way, but if you can’t play at the varsity level, you can’t play at FedEx. We don’t make any apologies about that.”...he’s obviously referring to upper management because there’s no way some of the snowflake drivers we have here would stand for that!!

Yep I agree drivers should not be able to go in and suck the boss off to get preferential treatment, but you wouldn't know anything about that now would you?

So is this Klemp guy with NTI, hooked up with Satish? Says all these pay raises in the first quarter are companies paying for the top drivers they can find. I must have missed it in the article where it says they pay new hires, with impeccable driving records, top pay approaching 65 per mile. But Klemp did say that as soon as capacity improves, and driver demand drops,wages will head downward....

So is this Klemp guy with NTI, hooked up with Satish? Says all these pay raises in the first quarter are companies paying for the top drivers they can find. I must have missed it in the article where it says they pay new hires, with impeccable driving records, top pay approaching 65 per mile. But Klemp did say that as soon as capacity improves, and driver demand drops,wages will head downward....

Exactly, only pay a guy a somewhat decent wage when your forced to, otherwise to hell with him and his

1) An RDA doesn't have any business speaking in those terms, IMHO.

2) I was wondering how many might read that Fred Smith story, all they way to the end, and catch that part. :1036316054:

3) While I don't have any problem with that tone, and/or philosophy, there is the FACT that FedEx often expects Varsity level enthusiasm at junior varsity wages. This includes leadership. More so for the typical Express employee, than Freight. At Freight, location is a huge factor in whether or not they are competitive.

I heard no raise for salaried. Was talking to a supervisor tonight and that was mentioned. Nothing about no raise for hourly. Just heard that we are hurting because competition hasn't raised their rates yet and they are supposed to soon. Xpo undercutting us is what I'm hearin . Also 500 runs a day they are trying to cut. This has affected many around me including myself twice.

What region are you in? In southwest on I 40 they keep adding runs. Sorry to hear you're affected by this.

1) An RDA doesn't have any business speaking in those terms, IMHO.

2) I was wondering how many might read that Fred Smith story, all they way to the end, and catch that part. :1036316054:

3) While I don't have any problem with that tone, and/or philosophy, there is the FACT that FedEx often expects Varsity level enthusiasm at junior varsity wages. This includes leadership. More so for the typical Express employee, than Freight. At Freight, location is a huge factor in whether or not they are competitive.

More than likely the reason that region has a new RDA.