Averitt | 2020 Pay Raise?

1. This just for information.
2. I know I can work elsewhere
3. We are behind on Money, Vacation and Truck Speed
Southeastern new pay scale for drivers.
P&D at $31.25 top at my barn with $1.50 increase
LH at 76 cents per mile with the 3.6 cents increase
Sleeper at 84 cents per mile with 7.6 cents increase

That will put us 8.5 cents behind a company that is smaller than Averitt.

Pretty sad how far below the competition we are. The tractors and pay is why many are retiring or just quitting.

SEFL is about $300 million larger than Averitt- https://www.ttnews.com/top100/ltl/2021

Very good corrected information on size of company. But if look the article listed both AAA and Dayton are smaller than Averitt and pay more to their drivers with faster trucks. Averitt and SEFL are almost the same total size.
I did a little more research and SEFL and Averitt are equally at 1.2 billion in revenue. SEFL is larger on LTL but Averitt has more divisions.

How did you figure that they pay more than Averitt
I worked at sefl and talked with Averitt drivers regularly. He is accurate about the compensation disparity. The only comp difference that may favor averitt would be 401k contributions. Sefl contributes .50 per dollar on employee match up to 10% of gross. Effectively it’s a 5% dollar for dollar match but to get it all they force you to contribute 10%. Not sure about averitt on 401k match
We stayed about 3 to 4 per hour ahead of averitt and even added ot after 45 hrs with no noticeable decrease in hours worked. Not sure about linehaul pay, but with .76 per mile now Sefl will be leaving all the mid tier ltls behind. Historically averitt, aaa cooper, central, Wilson and r&l stayed together in a third tier grouping in hourly rate in my area. Never a line waiting to get on at any of those carriers; two of which are now gone. Hmmm

I worked at sefl and talked with Averitt drivers regularly. He is accurate about the compensation disparity. The only comp difference that may favor averitt would be 401k contributions. Sefl contributes .50 per dollar on employee match up to 10% of gross. Effectively it’s a 5% dollar for dollar match but to get it all they force you to contribute 10%. Not sure about averitt on 401k match
We stayed about 3 to 4 per hour ahead of averitt and even added ot after 45 hrs with no noticeable decrease in hours worked. Not sure about linehaul pay, but with .76 per mile now Sefl will be leaving all the mid tier ltls behind. Historically averitt, aaa cooper, central, Wilson and r&l stayed together in a third tier grouping in hourly rate in my area. Never a line waiting to get on at any of those carriers; two of which are now gone. Hmmm
If you are 3 to 4 per hour over Averitt, congratulations on 33 to 34 per hr

not around here they aren’t. Averitt still brining up the rear at $26 or $27 per averitt drivers. Oh and don’t forget the discipline cameras facing all those loyal dedicated drivers.

If you are 3 to 4 per hour over Averitt, congratulations on 33 to 34 per hr
I know Big Blue stashed enough money from PIE days, he doesn't need to work, he does this for fun and maintains a lavish lifestyle.