Averitt | 2020 Pay Raise?

Hi Breeze, Ernest Sloan (wheatstraw) passed
Hate to hear that, I knew he had health problems from way back.
Salt Water (Gregory) fell and broke his hip real bad, has steel pins and a rod.
He ran out of Knox.

How does averitt keep drivers paying so much less than competitors? In my area they are more than $3 per hour less than sefl and $5 less than fedex and od. It’s not like there are union bennies to offset the lower hourly rate. Why do y’all stay with such higher wages elsewhere?

How does averitt keep drivers paying so much less than competitors? In my area they are more than $3 per hour less than sefl and $5 less than fedex and od. It’s not like there are union bennies to offset the lower hourly rate. Why do y’all stay with such higher wages elsewhere?
I’m not sure which area you are in, or their pay rate but when you look at the whole package it’s a pretty nice place to work. The overall quality of life with newer equipment, management that doesn’t ride you, on-site doctors, no slip seating, good facilities, the option of working extra or going home…. There are many reasons I’ve stayed. When guys come from other carriers they are amazed. Ive heard about the yelling that goes on at other places, the dock screwing the drivers. Check it out- most Averitt drivers are pretty happy

I’m not sure which area you are in, or their pay rate but when you look at the whole package it’s a pretty nice place to work. The overall quality of life with newer equipment, management that doesn’t ride you, on-site doctors, no slip seating, good facilities, the option of working extra or going home…. There are many reasons I’ve stayed. When guys come from other carriers they are amazed. Ive heard about the yelling that goes on at other places, the dock screwing the drivers. Check it out- most Averitt drivers are pretty happy
Yes, I get the whole quality of life thing. To each his own.

On site doctors? Lots of accidents or health issues? I’ve never heard such
On-site doctors allow guys who would normally put off going to the doctor for whatever reason- well it makes it convenient. Plus, prevention = possibly less big insurance payouts in the long run

FedEx pays 35.00 per hour?

Averitt was always at the bottom of the pay scale amongst the LTL carriers. They tried to sell a barrel of BS to make one think they were all that but the bottom line is their pay stunk and they offered zero retirement. Pretty bad.